Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2015, 02:06 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,646,091 times

Advertisements

This is the link, courtesy of jameson, who provided it on another thread -- a transcript of the Ramseys' interview on the "700 Club.":

The JonBenet Ramsey Case... Open or Shut? (part 1)

That interviewer was rough on them, in my opinion. But here are just a few things that make me wonder about their wording -- however, I realise things can be interpreted much differently when reading than when listening:

Quote:
SCOTT: How are you living that day by day?

PATSY: I am living just fine. I am not ...

SCOTT: What do you mean you live just fine -- you can’t say that. You know that’s a soundbite. Someone will take that and say "I live just fine".

PATSY: People say, how can you do this, how can you do this. I have 13 year old son, I have two wonderful parents, we have new grandbaby, I have a wonderful husband, wonderful friends and I have a God that knows the truth. I have nothing to be ashamed of, nothing to be remorseful over, except that I miss my child every day, every minute of the day.
Why would she tag on "I miss my child" to "I have nothing to be ashamed of, nothing to be remorseful over, except..."? Seems slightly odd.

Quote:
SCOTT: Are you telling me that those thoughts never came to your mind. I mean men walk around saying, "I think my wife may have committed adultery because a number of people said ...

JOHN: JonBenet was brutally murdered. She was strangled. The blow to her head would have brought down a 300-pound man. Patsy loved JonBenet as much as I did. That is insane. It’s just insane.

PATSY: You should hear this man at 2:30 – 3:00 in morning get up. There is no question, you are not there at those hours, I am.
Why does she mention 2:30 - 3:00 in the morning, in particular?

I think Patsy was very intelligent and wise. She said many things that people could twist around, like the following, but I get where she's coming from on this, and I think it's a kind of wisdom:

Quote:
SCOTT: Are you bitter, angry, cynical?

PATSY: On days it's yes, yes, yes. Just like normal, you have a good day or a bad, you have a good hour, a bad hour. We were at the beach on vacation and I see all these little families running around playing, little blondes, cute little beach clothes and having fun and frolicking, you know, and I'm bitter because that was taken away from us. I should be enjoying my children -- both of them. You know, that is hard.

SCOTT: Are you able to laugh, is there humor, is there joy in your life?

PATSY: There is a difference between happiness and joy. We have moments of joy. Will I ever be truly happy again, probably not. Not until I'm with all those -- my grandmothers, my great aunts, my grandfathers and my JonBenet -- then I will be truly happy again. Then I will be with the God of the universe, who knows truth and who knows justice. But will I ever be truly happy again, probably not.

But this next part bothers me: Why did they not even have "control" over the contents of their website? Was John so used to delegating duties that he thought it better to leave the details of how his daughter's death was reported to the peasants?

And read how he contradicts himself. He says, "they put that picture on there," but agrees with the interviewer that it's not Christian to believe in psychics.

Quote:
SCOTT: The latest little deal to come out, it hit the press a few days ago, was the fact that you have now gone to a psychic?

JOHN: Not true.

SCOTT: Well … I have the article right here …

JOHN: Read it in the paper has to be true! Let me dispel your image of that.

SCOTT: There it is. You put out a $100,000 reward to find this guy, and it's on your website.

JOHN: Our investigators control the web site. They put that picture on there.
We did not contact a psychic as has been reported. The sketch that appeared on the web site that our investigators use was provided by Dorthy Allison on a television program a year or so ago. Our objective is to keep this alive in the public's mind, in hopes that the one lead that we are waiting for will come through.

SCOTT: So you allowed it to be used?

JOHN: We don't control the web site. The information that was put on there was put on there by our investigators, what they think is appropriate.

SCOTT: The reason why I raise the question because you claim to be Christians and you know, or I hope you know or have been taught, biblically, God doesn't look with whole lot of kindness on psychics or their practices.

PATSY & JOHN: Right. I know.

SCOTT: It's considered to be witchcraft ...

PATSY: Demonic.

Old 07-02-2015, 02:16 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,238,463 times
God those PEOPLE....

The spirit of their child is totally lost in their love of their own publicity. They barely refer to her, its just me, me, me.

Also, they profited, both selling books.

Patsy at least received some karma. Johns is still waiting.

Old 07-02-2015, 02:57 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
This is the link, courtesy of jameson, who provided it on another thread -- a transcript of the Ramseys' interview on the "700 Club.":

[url=http://www.cbn.com/700club/scottross/interviews/jonbenet1.aspx]The JonBenet Ramsey Case... Open or Shut?(part 1)

But this next part bothers me: Why did they not even have "control" over the contents of their website? Was John so used to delegating duties that he thought it better to leave the details of how his daughter's death was reported to the peasants?
All the big decisions made by John Ramsey, peasants were paid and removed the sketch along with mention of medium Dorthy Allison, from the Ramsey we site, at Ramseys request.

E-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g after JBs death orchastrated by John Ramsey; he ran the show.

Old 07-02-2015, 02:59 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,238,463 times
[quote=virgode;40259836]
Quote:

[url=http://www.cbn.com/700club/scottross/interviews/jonbenet1.aspx]The JonBenet Ramsey Case... Open or Shut?

All the big decisions made by John Ramsey, peasants were paid and removed the sketch along with mention of medium Dorthy Allison, from the Ramsey we site, at Ramseys request.

E-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g after JBs death orchastrated by John Ramsey; he ran the show.
Yep, and Patsy took the rare opportunity to give him a slap in the ransom note.

Old 07-02-2015, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post

Yep, and Patsy took the rare opportunity to give him a slap in the ransom note.
Ramsey's a pompous @ss.

Exploited Patsy the day after their daughters funeral in an altered state.

Whether responsible for JBs death or not, I've no respect for him.

Old 07-02-2015, 03:43 PM

Wouldn't it be strange if DNA available in codis were used in the new technology of facial profiles revealed an oriental factory worker from china...

Old 07-02-2015, 05:26 PM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
The one thing that keeps coming back to me is the Ramseys' statements about how they both "racked their brains" about who this killer could be, and they could never come up with anyone.
But they did come up with suspects. It's on this thread somewhere, starting with disgruntled Access Graphics employees, including one who was let go sometime before JB's murder.

Quote:
If it really comes down to DNA, I don't think CODIS will ever isolate it because I think it's a wreck of a mess. I really feel like the lab, the coroner or someone (purposely or not) bungled that, as well. So if that was bungled, could the police have "cleared" a friend or rival accidentally...
Didn't Jameson discuss this before?

Old 07-02-2015, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Considering that DNA also represents several different unknown people, it cannot be used to prove a damn thing.
Yet we don't appear to have a valid source for this, other than Kolar's book (his opinion?). Do you have a link?

Old 07-02-2015, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Found this radio interview with Fleet and Priscilla White and journalist Alan Prendergast. They don't say much, but what they do say is interesting. I think the interviewer talks too much and fawns over the Whites to an embarrassing extent, but here is part 1: I haven't listened to part 2 yet.
I agree; the fawning is kind of odd. Just watched the first few minutes. It appears to be a real BORG piece. That music, the sarcasm about JR and PR needing their own lawyer (reason for this has been discussed on this thread)...looks like a rather subjective piece of journalism. Something about the Whites has always seemed "off" to me, so I may watch the rest later to find out more.

Old 07-02-2015, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post

Something about the Whites has always seemed "off" to me, so I may watch the rest later to find out more.
They were friends of the Ramsey's; whats the saying,
'Birds of a Feather'..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime