Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 04:17 AM

513 posts, read 470,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by June87 View Post
My point isn't when she died. My point was if they wanted money for her, why did they take her to the basement? According to your own theory, they were just going to hold her hostage in her own basement? For how long? If the goal was money, they could have taken her to some hide out and checked their tap on the phone. According to the facts that have been released to the public, the Ramsey's phone was not tapped.
I`m certainly no expert on phone taps but aren't there taps that can be put on and off of phone plugs and boxes in or out side of a house? What lead me to the idea is the fake 911 call from the Ramseys house the day before the murder, when the Ramsey's were entertaining thirty guests at a dinner party. I mean who accidently dials 911? Could the perps have been testing the tap as they put on the phone box outside. The Raseys had the phone box move inside of their new house after the murder afraid their phones would be tapped.

Old 02-27-2014, 06:24 AM

973 posts, read 1,453,282 times
Children and drunks, which there would have been at the Christmas party. Children who are possible being molested repeatedly (Daphne and Jonbenet). There's a lot of reasons the 911 could have dialed accidentally or on purpose.

Old 02-27-2014, 07:35 AM

26,726 posts, read 26,798,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by docyabut View Post
aren't there taps that can be put on and off of phone plugs and boxes in or out side of a house? The Raseys had the phone box move inside of their new house after the murder afraid their phones would be tapped.
The Ramseys did not have their phone tapped until the Boulder PD arrived the morning of the 26th.

Quote:
What lead me to the idea is the fake 911 call from the Ramseys house the day before the murder, when the Ramsey's were entertaining thirty guests at a dinner party. I mean who accidently dials 911?
The 911 call wasn't "fake"; it was a mistake, made--depending on what one reads--either a drunken guest or Fleet White. The Whites are the ones who had 30 people for dinner on Christmas night, not the Ramseys. (Websleuths is in error there.) The Ramseys had a large Christmas party on 12/23, during which their hired Santa passed out gifts to the children at the party.

Old 02-27-2014, 09:02 AM

3,279 posts, read 5,317,466 times
I think that there are a lot of unsolved murders, many others of them also kids, all of them equally unfortunate, and the amount of fascination attributable to this particular case is kind of crazy to me personally. The Casey Anthony case was also way overhyped in my opinion.

Old 02-27-2014, 09:11 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,670,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
The Ramseys did not have their phone tapped until the Boulder PD arrived the morning of the 26th.

The 911 call wasn't "fake"; it was a mistake, made--depending on what one reads--either a drunken guest or Fleet White. The Whites are the ones who had 30 people for dinner on Christmas night, not the Ramseys. (Websleuths is in error there.) The Ramseys had a large Christmas party on 12/23, during which their hired Santa passed out gifts to the children at the party.
That's right. Everything I've read says Fleet White made the call. He was trying to call about a prescription for his mother. Of course that doesn't really explain why he called 911--most of us have called for prescriptions without calling 911.

Interesting thought though that it might have been a child calling for help. They are taught to call 911.

Old 02-27-2014, 01:42 PM

973 posts, read 1,453,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
That's right. Everything I've read says Fleet White made the call. He was trying to call about a prescription for his mother. Of course that doesn't really explain why he called 911--most of us have called for prescriptions without calling 911.

Interesting thought though that it might have been a child calling for help. They are taught to call 911.
Children call 911 all the time. I'm a teacher. Even my students would play in the house area the preschool had they would dial 911. It's also the only phone number some children know. We all Jonbenet was very regressed.

Old 02-27-2014, 02:43 PM

243 posts, read 509,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by docyabut View Post
I don't think the murder of JB will ever be solved, unless they catch the killer in the world`s DNA data banks.

National DNA database - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This wasnt a DNA case.

JonBenet Ramsey Case Encyclopedia / Is This a DNA Case

Im with most others- this case will never be solved, unless Burke can shed some light on it. which may never happen.

Old 02-27-2014, 03:55 PM

17,579 posts, read 15,247,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by June87 View Post
Children call 911 all the time. I'm a teacher. Even my students would play in the house area the preschool had they would dial 911. It's also the only phone number some children know. We all Jonbenet was very regressed.
it's not difficult to mistakenly dial 911, either.

Many years ago, the station at 106.7 (now WJFK) in Washington DC was a top-40 radio station.. That, like other top-40 radio stations, did a lot of contests.

The DC Metro area had a special phone number for radio stations that was not long distance for most of Northern VA, DC and Maryland. They all started with 691. And the last 4 digits were either of the radio stations callsigns, or frequency.. So.. If I recall.. WMZQ's number was 691-WMZQ.. And, WJFK's number was 691-1067

Well.. Think of what happens when someone is frantically trying to be caller #100 to win those Bon Jovi tickets.. They dial, get a busy signal, hang up, dial again.. And.. Once in a while.. They misdial and miss hitting the "6" to start.. They just accidentally dialed 911. It happens. So, Without knowing what the number he was trying to dial was.. you can't say that there's no way to accidentally dial 911.

Whoever else, a few posts back here.. Mentioned the stun gun.. Ok.. A stun gun is not a Star Trek Phaser. I can guarantee that any kid under the age of 8 that gets hit with one of those is going to be making lots of very loud noises. Just about anyone hit with one of those will be making lots and lots of loud noises, because they hurt like hell. You don't get hit with one and are unconscious for x amount of time. You certainly COULD pass out from the pain, and you will not have full voluntary control of your muscles after being hit with one.. But that passes in about 30 seconds.

Old 02-27-2014, 04:54 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,240,996 times
My friends daughter called 911 when she was four and mum was cleaning out her toys.

LE visited and told them both off, the daughter for wasting resources and the mother for allowing it.

Not a happy day all round.

Old 02-27-2014, 05:00 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,670,889 times
it's not difficult to mistakenly dial 911, either.

and that's why the story is that Fleet White made the 911 call by mistake during the party. He was thinking about his mother and her prescriptions. Sounds plausible to me but someone here suggested that it could have been a kid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime