Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2015, 05:58 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
OK, this last post brought up a good point re: the timing of the JBR funeral:

If JBR had passed of natural causes, I can see why the parents would want to bury the body right away & have a proper funeral. Completely understandable if this had been the way it happened.

However, obviously JBR was killed in a heinous way - so, wouldn't the parents want to let the authorities take some time to perform the autopsy & find out the cause of death, remove any evidence from the body (if there was any), etc.?! I know an autopsy was done, but it just seems to me that the whole thing was rushed so that the parents could bury the body, therefore not giving the authorities enough time to do their job. I strongly feel that if the parents were really interested in finding out who committed the crime, they would not have rushed to have the funeral right away.

Not that the people conducting this investigation could find their a$$ with two hands anyway....

Re: the fibers on the duct tape, I do agree that this could have been transferred from PR to JBR in an innocent way (i.e., kissing her good night, etc.). That being said, it still doesn't mean that the fibers weren't transferred by PR to JBR in another, more insidious way.
I wouldn't think a coroner willing to rush procedures and report on homicides to get a funeral underway. Every single person they autopsy will be transported for burial or cremation.

Old 05-22-2015, 06:55 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,175,556 times
Good to know - Thanks. I don't know how these things work in cases where someone has died of non-natural causes.

I just saw the Youtube Larry King video interview with the Ramseys from 2000, from post #537. Hadn't seen this before, since I honestly wasn't following the case that much at the time. In any case, I find it extremely interesting that the Ramsey's are saying that they were suspects from day 1.

As a result of seeing this, I ended up watching the Linda Arndt TV interview from '99 - also on Youtube - this is mentioned by PR & JR in this Larry King interview. This is where Arndt implies - but doesn't outright say - that the Ramsey's were responsible for this.

I'm appalled that she was the only one @ the crime scene for hours. Sure, it was the day after Christmas - but, you would think that with something serious like a kidnapping, the BPD would have initially sent at least 2 people to investigate something like this....just one of many mistakes that were made in this case.

I also am appalled that the body of JBR wasn't found before that afternoon. Why didn't either LA or the BPD find this immediately when they first searched the house that morning? What incompetence!

Last edited by The Big Lebowski Dude; 05-22-2015 at 07:42 PM..

Old 05-22-2015, 07:24 PM

26,727 posts, read 26,806,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
If JBR had passed of natural causes, I can see why the parents would want to bury the body right away & have a proper funeral. However, obviously JBR was killed in a heinous way - so, wouldn't the parents want to let the authorities take some time to perform the autopsy & find out the cause of death, remove any evidence from the body (if there was any), etc.?! I know an autopsy was done, but it just seems to me that the whole thing was rushed...
Where did you get the idea that the autopsy or any findings were rushed?

As virgode said, the autopsy was on Dec 27 and she was buried 5 days later. (The memorial service in Boulder on Dec 29 obviously required no body.) FTR, the Boulder PD told the Ramseys that they would not release their child's body to them until they agreed to a police interrogation, under the police department's terms. At that point they had to have their lawyer intervene, since they had already been interviewed extensively by the police, and they did not want to delay their child's burial.

They were apparently a very religious family, and for them, the sooner their child's body was buried, the sooner she would be at rest and at one with God.

Old 05-22-2015, 07:46 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,175,556 times
Yes, I now understand this - virgode explained this properly.

I'm now finishing up the Schiller book & will start on the book by Steve Thomas. Will post more once I finish both books.

Old 05-23-2015, 09:03 AM

This presents the theory that someone could have come into the Ramsey home just after the family went to the Whites on Christmas Day, then laid in wait for their return (would have given the person(s) plenty of time to write that long winded ransom note).

Also, I didn't realize that after the murder, C.U. law students actually lived in the Ramsey home at one time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QofH2gBtC6A

Old 05-23-2015, 10:28 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Two things. Why would an intruder write a long ransom note if they killed Jon Benet? Jon Benet showed signs of past sexual abuse. Why does the investigator speaking in the video say that their were no signs that she was at risk?

Old 05-23-2015, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Two things. Why would an intruder write a long ransom note if they killed Jon Benet?
One theory is that they wrote the note before the family returned, and their plan was to kidnap her. They used the stun gun to render her unconscious. They then tied her wrists and put the cord around her neck--apparently the knots were complex and it was not a simple tourniquet--and she later came to. The molestation apparently took place then. When she screamed, they tightened the cord around her neck and accidentally strangled her. The blow to the head later was to make sure that she was dead. Some have said that she may have awakened and they were afraid that she would be able to identify them. Possibly they ran out then and in their haste, forgot they had already left the ransom note on the stairs?

Quote:
Jon Benet showed signs of past sexual abuse. Why does the investigator speaking in the video say that their were no signs that she was at risk?
There was controversy over those findings. Later it was found that it wasn't past sexual abuse but recent....possibly from that night. Lengthy investigation about this, interrogation of both PR, JR, and JR's adult children resulted in the conclusion that the parents had never abused her. If the authorities had found anything leading to this, Burke would have been removed from their custody.

Old 05-23-2015, 01:42 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
While there is disagreement about Jon Benet's abuse history. This is a pretty good source for info on that and from what I see it looks more probable that she was sexually abused then not but people can read the evidence and decide for themselves.

Quote:
Expert Panel. "In mid-September, a panel of pediatric experts from around the country reached one of the major conclusions of the investigation - that JonBenet had suffered vaginal trauma prior to the day she was killed. There were no dissenting opinions among them on the issue, and they firmly rejected any possibility that the trauma to the hymen and chronic vaginal inflammation were caused by urination issues or masturbation. We gathered affidavits stating in clear language that there were injuries 'consistent with prior trauma and sexual abuse' 'There was chronic abuse'. . .'Past violation of the vagina'. . .'Evidence of both acute and injury and chronic sexual abuse.' In other words, the doctors were saying it had happened before. One expert summed it up well when he said the injuries were not consistent with sexual assault, but with a child who was being physically abused."
JonBenet Ramsey Case Encyclopedia / Evidence of Prior Sexual Abuse

Old 05-24-2015, 06:17 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,647,640 times
Burke will be 30 in January 2017. I don't think he's going to keep quiet about this his entire life. I still feel someone in that family will either inadvertently or purposely say or do something to stir this up again.

Old 05-24-2015, 06:56 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
I don't know....Not as long as John Ramsey's alive. LE tried to question Burke now that hes well into adulthood and he refused.

Burke did testify before the grand jury, not clear whether John, Patsy or their attorney were present, or restricted questioning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime