Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2015, 11:26 AM

388 posts, read 425,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I thought that there were no finger prints found on the note. If Patsy picked it up, wouldn't her fingerprints have been found on it?
I asked about that and was simply told that prints are caused by oils on our hands. Since she had just washed and John had just been called from the shower, the lask of prints is not so hard to believe.

They sure weren't wearing gloves when the cops and all arrived, none were found when they searched the house - and they WERE looking for them. Bottom line is, there was a smeared print on the note, not Ramsey, and those who care would still like to see that sourced.

Old 06-08-2015, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Not true, The FBI arrived two hrs after they were called. They didn't stay.

I've seen Arndts interviews, she's bitter with BPD and public criticism.

Opinions subject to change; on an early morning show, defended the Ramsey's, went on to do bigger interviews doing a 180.

If she were ever to interview again, I'd watch. On reflection 19yrs later, Arndts perspective may have changed.
From what I remember, the Ramseys were never spoken to be the FBI. I do know that in Linda's suit against Hunter and the city of Boulder the complaint said she was accused of denying the FBI entrance to the house and the complaint said that was a lie. I don't know where to verify they ever got to the house at all but can't imagine them going there and leaving Arndt there with at least half a dozen people, leaving an unsecured crime scene. I think it makes more sense they went to the police department to be debriefed and stayed there.

In Linda's interviews, I don't recall any mention of the FBIO going to the house but if I am wrong, please do correct me.

Old 06-08-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Not true, The FBI arrived two hrs after they were called. They didn't stay.

I've seen Arndts interviews, she's bitter with BPD and public criticism.

Opinions subject to change; on an early morning show, defended the Ramsey's, went on to do bigger interviews doing a 180.

If she were ever to interview again, I'd watch. On reflection 19yrs later, Arndts perspective may have changed.
I didn't see her ever defend the Ramseys. Patsy, yes, but never John. I believe she never changed her position on him. THAT would have made the news.

Old 06-08-2015, 11:33 AM

26,716 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I thought that there were no finger prints found on the note. If Patsy picked it up, wouldn't her fingerprints have been found on it?
That's what I recall reading, that there were no fingerprints of anyone's on it. Maybe they were smeared or were only partial prints; I haven't read an explanation.

From a very long interview w/ Det Tom Trujillo (TT), Det Steve Thomas (ST), PR from April, 1997:

PR: I started down the spiral staircase there. I came, I had come back down, I’d come down the back bedroom stairs there. . .
TT: Okay.
PR: . . .from my bathroom. Um, I started down the spiral stairs and when I got nearly to the bottom I saw these three pieces of paper, like notebook size paper, on, on the run of the stairs and uh, I went on down and turned around and started reading, reading it. . .
TT: Um hum.
PR: And uh, I, I remember reading the first couple of lines and I kind of, didn’t know what it was or uh, and then I (inaudible) you know after the first couple of lines I, it dawned on me, it said something about, ‘We have your daughter’ or something . . .
PR: And I uh, I ran back upstairs and pushed open the door to her room and she wasn’t in her bed.
PR: And I uh, screamed for John. He was up in our bedroom still and he came running down and uh, I told him that there was a note that said she had been kidnapped. And uh, uh, I think he, he said, I said, ‘What should I do. What should I do,’ or something and he said, ‘Call the police,’ and I think somewhere, I remember I said something about, you know, check Burke or something and I think he ran back and checked burke and I ran back down the stairs and then he came downstairs. He was just in his underwear and he uh, took the note and I remember him being down hunched on the floor read, with all three pages out like that reading it and uh, and he said, ‘Call 911’ or ‘Call the police' or something and then I did.

Patsy Ramsey BPD Interview - April 30, 1997

Old 06-08-2015, 11:42 AM

26,716 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameson View Post
From what I remember, the Ramseys were never spoken to be the FBI. I do know that in Linda's suit against Hunter and the city of Boulder the complaint said she was accused of denying the FBI entrance to the house and the complaint said that was a lie.
I read something about FBI agents setting up the wiretaps to the phones from the Boulder PD station that morning only; Cmdr Eller did not want the FBI talking to the Ramseys at that point. I can't blame Det Arndt for feeling mislead. She was definitely left on her own; very unfair to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
He wrote it for sh*ts and giggles just because he was bored. Yeah, why not?

Unfortunately I can't find it now, but I recently saw a video of the best handwriting expert in the country at the time saying the note was almost certainly written by Patsy. All I remember about him was that he worked at an ivy league college. Anyone know who I'm referring to?
The best handwriting expert in the world is Paul Osborn and.... well, let me share this with you - a copy of a FAX that went from NY Lawyer Darnay Hoffman to Tom Miller, a so-called expert who didn't have the actual ransom note to work with but some online images. Then you tell me about your expert.

Dear Tom,
Could you please fax me a copy of your c.v.? My fax number is (212) 496-****. I need to begin preparing your court affidavit and a recital of your qualifications as a handwriting expert is essential.
You might be interested to know that I spoke with handwriting expert Paul A. Osborn who is, as you probably already know, the grandson of Albert S. and son of Albert D. Osborn. He refuses to touch the Ramsey case with a ten foot pole. His reasons: he knows the handwriting experts who gave their reports to the defense team and to CBI - - - four in all. According to Osborn these experts are supposedly top in their field (he won't give me their names) with impeccable ethical credentials. Their verdict: the similarities between Patsy and the ransom note writers handwriting is at the very lowest end of the spectrum, i.e., there is little or no basis for a match.
I don't have to tell you what is going to happen when I present your report and affidavit to a district court judge. When Alex Hunter and Hal Haddon are finished with you, you will either look like Henry Lee or Dennis Fung. Obviously this is going to be a "defining moment" for both of us. My former law professor Barry Scheck just took a wicked hit in the Nanny murder trial, so it can happen to the best of us.
Trust me (as they say in Hollywood) when I tell you that if you're doing this solely for the money, then you're nuts. This is "a career move." You better be in this because you "like the action." Because you're going to see plenty of it when this report hits the courts.
Best, Darnay Hoffman

Last edited by jameson; 06-08-2015 at 12:37 PM..

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Thanks for posting clarification...You saved me some time, knew I've read more than once they didn't touch the letters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
That's what I recall reading, that there were no fingerprints of anyone's on it. Maybe they were smeared or were only partial prints; I haven't read an explanation.

From a very long interview w/ Det Tom Trujillo (TT), Det Steve Thomas (ST), PR from April, 1997:

PR: I started down the spiral staircase there. I came, I had come back down, I’d come down the back bedroom stairs there. . .
PR: . . .from my bathroom. Um, I started down the spiral stairs and when I got nearly to the bottom I saw these three pieces of paper, like notebook size paper, on, on the run of the stairs and uh, I went on down and turned around and started reading, reading it. . .
PR: And uh, I, I remember reading the first couple of lines and I kind of, didn’t know what it was or uh, and then I (inaudible) you know after the first couple of lines I, it dawned on me, it said something about, ‘We have your daughter’ or something . . .
PR: And I uh, I ran back upstairs and pushed open the door to her room and she wasn’t in her bed.
PR: And I uh, screamed for John. He was up in our bedroom still and he came running down and uh, I told him that there was a note that said she had been kidnapped. And uh, uh, I think he, he said, I said, ‘What should I do. What should I do,’ or something and he said, ‘Call the police,’ and I think somewhere, I remember I said something about, you know, check Burke or something and I think he ran back and checked burke and I ran back down the stairs and then he came downstairs. He was just in his underwear and he uh, took the note and I remember him being down hunched on the floor read, with all three pages out like that reading it and uh, and he said, ‘Call 911’ or ‘Call the police' or something and then I did.

Patsy Ramsey BPD Interview - April 30, 1997

Old 06-08-2015, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Burke had Hi-Tec Boots; 1yr after, Ramsey's turned them over to police. Can forensics tell how old shoe print from the boots, probably not.
Not true. Please let me know why you believe that. Fact is, Burke never owned such boots. The boots that were turned in belonged to Michael Helgoth and were turned in by John Kenady. They were too large for Burke who was a scrawny 9 year old, not a man.

Unfortunately, the boots were worn after Helgoth's death so a perfect match would be impossible. I don't know if they were ever really checked out by the BPD. They were really uninterested in following up on much my then.

Old 06-08-2015, 11:54 AM

does this work? This is the actual FAX from Darnay to Miller. I have other images of interest if I can figure this out here.

Last edited by jameson; 06-08-2015 at 11:55 AM.. Reason: deleted bad link

Old 06-08-2015, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
So her fingerprints weren't on it why?
From what I was told, prints are left because of oils on our hands. Patsy had just washed and John ran from the shower, and hence, no oils and no fingerprints.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime