Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2014, 03:42 PM

1,562 posts, read 1,491,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Just as it's hard for girls to give up their bad boys, so it is with the guys. I know many who couldn't give up their bad girl.
Heart rules head. From what I know of Jodi, she did her best to be Travis' every sexual fantasy. That's hard to pass up for any man.
This is a fair point. Travis strikes me as a guy who was socially awkward well into adulthood, often overweight, and likely didn't get much attention from women. That was changing pretty rapidly. He was getting fit, was making a few dollars, and could see a different world in front of him. Jodi, despite whatever else she is, was attractive, sexually appealing (and willing), and was focused on pleasing Travis. Very difficult to ignore. I also think he was naive in general, about people in particular, and unable to see the extent of Jodi's instability.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2014, 04:09 PM

1,562 posts, read 1,491,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Well, now she changed her mind and decided she doesn't want to represent herself, after all.

As was mentioned earlier, she'll do anything to delay this whole thing and bring more attention to herself. Endless requests for nonsense. She knows, as well as you and I, that once those iron bars clang shut, she's gonna be forgotten. That's her biggest fear now: irrelevancy.

Old 09-12-2014, 12:14 PM

44,625 posts, read 61,603,272 times
Arias judge's mistakes are on the record. Sept 11, 2014
Legally Speaking: Arias judge's mistakes are on the record

Old 09-13-2014, 12:33 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mysterious Benefactor View Post
As was mentioned earlier, she'll do anything to delay this whole thing and bring more attention to herself. Endless requests for nonsense. She knows, as well as you and I, that once those iron bars clang shut, she's gonna be forgotten. That's her biggest fear now: irrelevancy.
Yup. Narcissists can never get enough attention. I think Jodi is institutionalized now, and already knows how to get the attentions she craves inside the prison, but she will try her best to keep her name known on the outside.
Given the notoriety of her case, that's probably a certainty. She won't ever be forgotten for the rest of her life.

I think that the new sentencing proceedings will be brief. The prosecutors will take the death penalty off the table and go for life with no parole, and the jury will go for that sentence.

This would cut the costs of this trial way down and settle the matter before Jodi and her fans can draw things out for as long as they did last time. Jodi's new lawyers aren't going to let her on the stand if they can prevent it, and that will also speed things up.

Last edited by banjomike; 09-13-2014 at 12:55 PM..

Old 09-13-2014, 05:26 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,809,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I think Jodi is institutionalized now, and already knows how to get the attentions she craves inside the prison
That is not very different than the relationship she had with her boyfriend and craved. Her prison then ( when he was alive) was the kind of sex they were having. According to her, the prison was mental/verbal/sexual/physical abuse.

She's a thrill seeker.

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 09-13-2014 at 05:46 PM..

Old 09-15-2014, 11:51 AM

44,625 posts, read 61,603,272 times
Jodi Arias back in court today Mon. Sept 15. 2014...
Jodi Arias selling personal sunglasses online...
Jodi Arias returning to court ahead of penalty retrial, selling pair of glasses online

Old 09-15-2014, 12:15 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Jodi Arias back in court today Mon. Sept 15. 2014...
Jodi Arias selling personal sunglasses online...
Jodi Arias returning to court ahead of penalty retrial, selling pair of glasses online
That is quite pathetic.

Besides, they are NOT the same glasses.

Liars gotta lie...

Old 09-15-2014, 01:09 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,366,101 times
This is an example of one of the downsides to the death penalty. If this had not been a death penalty case, this woman would have been sentenced to life (or whatever) months ago and already locked up in obscurity where she belongs. This judicial farce is only giving her the attention she craves at the taxpayers expense, and needs to be ended once and for all.

Old 09-15-2014, 01:16 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,965,703 times
Judge Stevens heard from an attorney, today, the media has hired. He argued his motion for media coverage.

David Bodney argues it's a Constitutional Right to see this trial.

Nurmi argues he wants the Media Motion denied.

Juan Martinez argues Jodi just wants control and that she did not have an issue giving a media interview directly after the verdict.

Nurmi then argues the media only wants to profit off this trial. (I guess he hasn't seen the artwork or glasses Jodi has for sale!)

David Bodney argues airing 30 minute delay after each day is fair and he wants to see case law that states otherwise.

Judge takes Media Motion under advisement. No ruling, the Judge will make a ruling on this motion by the end of the week.

Arias requested an ex parte meeting and Judge Stevens denied the ex parte meeting. YES Judge Stevens finally denied Arias something! Then Arias waived her right to be at the hearing tomorrow as the hearing only involves jury instructions.

Can you believe Arias chose to stay in her cell tomorrow! She is probably pouting since the Judge turned down the one on one meeting. But from the past we know Arias could change her mind and be there tomorrow.

Arias was present today with her new hairdo and new glasses.

Old 09-15-2014, 01:33 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,366,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Judge Stevens heard from an attorney, today, the media has hired. He argued his motion for media coverage.

David Bodney argues it's a Constitutional Right to see this trial.

Nurmi argues he wants the Media Motion denied.

Juan Martinez argues Jodi just wants control and that she did not have an issue giving a media interview directly after the verdict.

Nurmi then argues the media only wants to profit off this trial. (I guess he hasn't seen the artwork or glasses Jodi has for sale!)

David Bodney argues airing 30 minute delay after each day is fair and he wants to see case law that states otherwise.

Judge takes Media Motion under advisement. No ruling, the Judge will make a ruling on this motion by the end of the week.

Arias requested an ex parte meeting and Judge Stevens denied the ex parte meeting. YES Judge Stevens finally denied Arias something! Then Arias waived her right to be at the hearing tomorrow as the hearing only involves jury instructions.

Can you believe Arias chose to stay in her cell tomorrow! She is probably pouting since the Judge turned down the one on one meeting. But from the past we know Arias could change her mind and be there tomorrow.

Arias was present today with her new hairdo and new glasses.

If there was any doubt about this being a judicial circus, this should provide clear proof.
I rest my case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime