U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 07:26 PM

30,596 posts, read 25,596,896 times

Advertisements

For those interested or following this case, the Jodi Arias penalty phase retrial is set for September...

Jodi Arias set for court appearance in Phoenix - abc15.com | ABC15 Arizona
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2014, 09:09 PM

255 posts, read 171,925 times
Arias admitted that she killed her one-time boyfriend, Travis Alexander, in 2008 at his suburban Phoenix home but claimed it was self-defense. He suffered nearly 30 knife wounds, had his throat slit and was shot in the forehead. Prosecutors argued it was premeditated murder carried out in a jealous rage when Alexander wanted to end their affair.

How can it be both premeditated and a jealous rage? It seems if it was a crime during a jealous rage then its Murder 2.

I didn't follow the case but 30 stab wounds and a gun shot to the head doesn't sound like a pre-planned crime.

Old 03-18-2014, 10:50 AM

8,530 posts, read 6,404,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartleby9 View Post
Arias admitted that she killed her one-time boyfriend, Travis Alexander, in 2008 at his suburban Phoenix home but claimed it was self-defense. He suffered nearly 30 knife wounds, had his throat slit and was shot in the forehead. Prosecutors argued it was premeditated murder carried out in a jealous rage when Alexander wanted to end their affair.

How can it be both premeditated and a jealous rage? It seems if it was a crime during a jealous rage then its Murder 2.

I didn't follow the case but 30 stab wounds and a gun shot to the head doesn't sound like a pre-planned crime.
If you look into the case, you'll see she planned to do something to him before she got there. For instance, she stole a gun from her grandfather a week before the murder, and rented a car she used to drive there days before, but told the rental car people she was just going to drive it locally. I guess all the pre-planning pointed to pre-meditation. Maybe she planned to kill him IF she couldn't get him to go back with her, but also maybe he said things to her at the time that enraged her to the point of the violence she ultimately used.

Old 03-18-2014, 11:37 AM

6,414 posts, read 6,607,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartleby9 View Post

Well, you get jealous, you get angry, make a plan, and go kill your ex-boyfriend, and then do everything you can to cover up the fact you did it. That's how.

Old 03-18-2014, 03:48 PM

255 posts, read 171,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
If you look into the case, you'll see she planned to do something to him before she got there. For instance, she stole a gun from her grandfather a week before the murder, and rented a car she used to drive there days before, but told the rental car people she was just going to drive it locally. I guess all the pre-planning pointed to pre-meditation. Maybe she planned to kill him IF she couldn't get him to go back with her, but also maybe he said things to her at the time that enraged her to the point of the violence she ultimately used.
Yeah, I have to admit that I have not followed the case. I was overseas in England during the trial.

Sounds like Murder 1, you're right.

I'm not sure about death penalty though.

Old 03-18-2014, 04:03 PM

2,470 posts, read 1,853,947 times
Smoke her so we can all get back to the real issues of the day. Honestly, if someone electrocuted or snuff'd her out in the name of justice, the world wouldn't blink, the victims parents happy, and the world will turn.....

Enough of this tart. She needs to go the way of the dodo bird. Evil incarnate.

Old 03-18-2014, 05:57 PM

30,596 posts, read 25,596,896 times
Arias defense aide banned from jailhouse for smuggling Jodi's artwork...
Sheriff's office bans Jodi Arias defense aide from jail - ktar.com

Old 03-19-2014, 07:34 AM

6,588 posts, read 2,875,878 times
Jury selection begins on September 8. As of now, no cameras are allowed in the courtroom, but CNN is petitioning to get that changed. I wouldn't mind watching Juan Martinez at work again! I WOULD mind watching Jodi at work agani, though.

Old 03-20-2014, 03:59 PM

609 posts, read 445,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Jury selection begins on September 8. As of now, no cameras are allowed in the courtroom, but CNN is petitioning to get that changed. I wouldn't mind watching Juan Martinez at work again! I WOULD mind watching Jodi at work agani, though.

I, too, would like to have coverage.

There's different angles of interest on this case, something for everyone so to speak.

Judicial buffs can watch the court procedure.
Legal buffs can reference the state laws and applications of them.
Criminal psychology buffs can pick apart the sociopathic mind of Jodi.
Man-haters can criticize Travis's womanizing behavior.
Women-haters can blame Jodi's stalking behaviors, and seductive manipulation.

Let's not forget a visual plethora of photo's ranging from the beauty of Northern Arizona, to graphic shots taking during the killing, and salacious bedroom sex shots.

All this with the ultimate high stakes of the Death Penalty, which in it of itself is a volatile, hot topic.

Makes for riveting TV.

Old 03-20-2014, 09:30 PM

24 posts, read 21,887 times
Default OMG for real this one is still getting media attention.. PITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
For those interested or following this case, the Jodi Arias penalty phase retrial is set for September...

Jodi Arias set for court appearance in Phoenix - abc15.com | ABC15 Arizona
I can not believe that this is still in the lap of the media.. honestly.. there is something lacking in her eyes.. some cold emotionless callousness that most people I am sure would agree they see it.. I am usually a great call on people my intuition seldom fails me. and this one and casey Anthony I saw something not quite right with these when they told their story.. just does not add up and sure as the air we breathe .. the case as it continues the ones telling the story keep revealing more and more that just does not add up.. eventually i think we will all see the slip ups will eventually come to light..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $94,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime