Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 04:02 AM

14 posts, read 34,439 times

Advertisements

Mention was made in Reenale's profile about the killer having average or below average intelligence. But if he killed as far back as 1996, then the bodies went undiscovered for a decade or more. If it hadn't been for the police searching for Shannon Gilbert, then the bodies would have been undiscovered for even longer.

I just wonder if and when he will kill again and will he use the same dumping ground.

Old 04-23-2014, 12:42 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,240,130 times
Reminder:

The episode of "Dark Minds" featuring the Long Island Serial Killer is on TONIGHT at 8 pm Central/9 pm Eastern on the Investigation Discovery channel.

Be sure to watch or record!

Old 04-28-2014, 03:21 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,720,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonia1961 View Post
Mention was made in Reenale's profile about the killer having average or below average intelligence. But if he killed as far back as 1996, then the bodies went undiscovered for a decade or more. If it hadn't been for the police searching for Shannon Gilbert, then the bodies would have been undiscovered for even longer.

I just wonder if and when he will kill again and will he use the same dumping ground.

I assume the neighbors will be watching that area from here on in!

Old 05-08-2014, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
I assume the neighbors will be watching that area from here on in!

There doesn't seem to be neighbors to keep an eye on things. This is a pretty desolate area and likely why he was able to use this as a dumping ground and escape detection for so long. He's likely very familiar with the area.

Old 05-13-2014, 01:38 PM

Quote:
There doesn't seem to be neighbors to keep an eye on things. This is a pretty desolate area and likely why he was able to use this as a dumping ground and escape detection for so long. He's likely very familiar with the area.
According to Kolker's Lost Girls, there are not only neighbors -- there's a neighborhood association, and everyone there seems to watch each other through the blinds to make sure nobody else breaks any association rules. It's almost enough to make me wonder if the victims were brought to the beach in a boat.

Old 05-13-2014, 01:55 PM

Hmmm, I was not aware of that. Why would he risk being observed by nosey neighbours?? I assumed because the other bodies went undiscovered for so long that this stretch of beach was remote and uninhabited. It was also the dumping ground for Joel Rifkin and Robert Naughton or am I mistaken??

I guess it would be possible that the bodies were transported by boat. Funny that possibility seems not to have been explored by the investigators.

Old 05-13-2014, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Hmmm, I was not aware of that. Why would he risk being observed by nosey neighbours?? I assumed because the other bodies went undiscovered for so long that this stretch of beach was remote and uninhabited. It was also the dumping ground for Joel Rifkin and Robert Naughton or am I mistaken??

I guess it would be possible that the bodies were transported by boat. Funny that possibility seems not to have been explored by the investigators.
I believe Rifkin took his victims to different places -- Gilgo Beach wasn't one of them. He was taking Tiffany Bresciani to the dump, IIRC, when he got pulled over.

Old 06-10-2014, 08:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,758 times
I believe Shannon Gilbert cracked the case the night she disappeared. She was a Craigslist prostitute just like many of the other known victims discovered. She was fleeing a persons house in Gilgo Beach and managed to escape and run to a neighbors house and state that "he is trying to kill me" then police search for her and find 6 other craiglist prostitutes murdered and then find Gilbert dead in the same area months later ? I don't know. I don't think I believe in coincidences that much. Look at the common denominators. Craigslist prostitute. Gilgo Beach and dead. Her statements to a witness as she was fleeing that someone was trying to kill her and then she does in fact turn up dead ? C'mon ? Something don't add up. Do we know enough about the guy that summoned her to his house. Could this be the killer ? I never heard enough to rule him out. I know he left his residence in Gilgo Beach and is living somewhere else on LI. He fits the profile. What are your thoughts ?

Old 06-11-2014, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul corr View Post
I believe Shannon Gilbert cracked the case the night she disappeared. She was a Craigslist prostitute just like many of the other known victims discovered. She was fleeing a persons house in Gilgo Beach and managed to escape and run to a neighbors house and state that "he is trying to kill me" then police search for her and find 6 other craiglist prostitutes murdered and then find Gilbert dead in the same area months later ? I don't know. I don't think I believe in coincidences that much. Look at the common denominators. Craigslist prostitute. Gilgo Beach and dead. Her statements to a witness as she was fleeing that someone was trying to kill her and then she does in fact turn up dead ? C'mon ? Something don't add up. Do we know enough about the guy that summoned her to his house. Could this be the killer ? I never heard enough to rule him out. I know he left his residence in Gilgo Beach and is living somewhere else on LI. He fits the profile. What are your thoughts ?

I absolutely agree with you. Authorities have said that she was not related to the other cases, but there are too many similarities for this to be a coincidence.

Old 06-13-2014, 01:08 PM

Quote:
I absolutely agree with you. Authorities have said that she was not related to the other cases, but there are too many similarities for this to be a coincidence.
And how can they says she is or isn't related until they have a suspect and start figuring out whether he was available to kill the others?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.