Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 09:00 PM

499 posts, read 581,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC1024 View Post
If your fellow CT members have substantial, meaningful answers to the questions I raised, I'm very open to hearing them. If they are mature adults, there's no reason it should get ugly.

If they're just going to personally attack those of us who are questioning what the media told us about 12/14, then I have no interest. Notice there was not one "ad hominem" reference in my original post, nor have I said anything personally offensive to those who disagree with me.

It's to be expected that there are going to be many differing opinions on these matters, and I realize that it's an emotional subject for many.

I saw some posts on the CT board asking members not to start threads about the Newtown tragedy in that board, which is why I didn't start it there.
I am a fellow CT member and I live in a town that borders Newtown. The shooting was 16 miles from my home. It is so incredibly raw and painful. If you are serious about wanting some answers, and in an effort to clarify information, I'd like to offer some insight. I don't have time to address all of your questions right now, but I can answer a few.

1) Despite all the interviews published by the media of the victims' parents, there is one detail that is always missing: how were they notified of the incident? They always say that they "heard of the shooting", but never "I got a call from Officer X" or "my neighbor Y told me". There is never a named individual who first told them what happened, and suggested they go to the school.

It spread like wildfire via a combination of text messages, phone calls, and the local media. All local news and radio stations *instantly* cut into their programming and reported a shooting at the school. A friend whose child attends the school was at work with the radio on and found out that way. He called his wife and she had heard nothing so he immediately raced to the school. (Gosh, I can't even type the name of the school). My husband knew about it by 9:55am via a phone call from a friend whose father is retired police. He heard it on the police scanner and called a "buddy" on the force in Newtown who confirmed. I knew by 10:10am via text from my sister who is an RN at the hospital where the victims went. They were put on some kind of "potential for mass casualties" notice.

2) We were told that because the school was labeled as a crime scene, the parents were forbidden from seeing their children's bodies. This seems very suspicious, as all homicide victims are normally identified by their next of kin before being transported to the medical examiner's office. Law enforcement claimed this was done so as not to "contaminate" the crime scene, but if the perpetrator was already dead and could not be brought to justice, what evidence needed to be protected from "contamination"?

The parents were not allowed in because the scene was very, very, very gruesome. I mean - really, really bad. So bad that one of Newtown's officers is 100% disabled and unable to work at all. He has such severe PTSD just from viewing the aftermath - not from being in a gunfight or witnessing the shooting, but simply from the aftermath. Each child was shot with at least 2 and up to 11 bullets. An average 6 year old child is 42 inches tall and weighs about 50 pounds - about 1/3 the size of an adult. He *sprayed* each one with bullets at close range, literally sprayed them with bullets - what do you think that does to tiny bodies?

We were told that the surviving students and staff were reunited with their families at the Newtown fire station. Newtown is a city with a population of 20,000, much like my own town of Somers, NY, just 30 miles away. I don't know the exact size of the Newtown firehouse, but I think it's safe to assume it's relatively the same size as the Somers one. Sandy Hook had 480 students, most of which lived with both their parents. That's 960 people, not to mention other relatives that may have also shown up. Add the 70 staff members, with one next of kin each, and you've got 1,100 people. It would be logistically impossible to fit this many people in a small town firehouse. Where are the pictures of them being jammed in the firehouse like sardines?

Newtown is NOT 2000 people, its definitely more like 20,000. It covers a huge amount of land, including a large lake. But, I am confused by your logic. What makes you think that every single student, their family, plus all staff members (and their "next of kin??") would all show up at the exact same time at the firehouse to get their loved ones. The surviving staff gave brief accounts to authorities and left of their own accord, why would their next of kin need to come get them? Why would you need to pack all 1100 into a building at once? They were not holding a meeting, people just wanted to get their kids, and get the heck outta there. Some kids went to a neighbor, others were picked up walking down the road - but I'm sure you know this. Our friend went to the school and his child was there, outside, not at the firehouse. His wife didn't join him to pick up their son because she was working an hour away and they just wanted to get him the heck out of there. He grabbed his son and bolted, no chit chat. You see lots of pics of parents at the school.

Last edited by FromCTtoFL; 03-24-2014 at 09:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2014, 09:16 PM

26,648 posts, read 13,606,872 times
CTtoFL, I think I figured out the discrepancy regarding the population. There appears to be a town of Newton and inside of that town is a borough, also called Newtown. The town has a population close to 20,000 and the Borough has a population of less then 2,000. Is that correct? If so it appears that CD and a few other sources are listing the borough's population, not the town population.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:30 PM

13) The ratio of wounded to dead is far out of normal statistical range. Only two victims claimed to have been wounded, and 26 were killed - a 93% kill ratio. Even among the most experienced marksmen, the odds of shooting and killing a human target with such accuracy and precision is remarkable. Adam Lanza's few Sunday afternoons at the shooting range with Mom, as the media would like us to believe, wouldn't have trained him to this extent.

Again, lots and lots of bullets targeted at tiny bodies huddled together - at very very close range, how could he miss?

14) There is no record of Adam Lanza or Nancy Lanza having joined any shooting range in Connecticut. State law requires all shooting range participants to be registered.

This is the shooting range: Blue Trail Range, Wallingford CT Family Shooting Range, Leagues and Gun Shop
Blue Trail Range, Wallingford CT Family Shooting Range, Leagues and Gun Shop

20) No rescue efforts were made to save any possible injured victims. EMS were told not to go inside, because the victims were all dead. This is a complete violation of protocol. In any mass casualty, EMS is required to transport victims to the hospital, where next of kin is notified and efforts are made to save their lives. The children were not transported to Danbury Hospital, as the police had arranged, but rather died in the school. Neither the police nor EMS have the authority to pronounce anyone dead, yet this is precisely what happened here.

Again, the scene was soooooo bad that it was obvious that there were no survivors. The police who initially responded checked each person - no matter how severe the injuries - for a pulse and found none. Plus there were OBVIOUS SIGNS OF DEATH and dismemberment. It was so gruesome, a judgement call was made to spare any other person from viewing the scene. Good call, considering it put one police officer on permanent disability.

22) There are conflicting reports about which classes the murdered children belonged to. We have never seen a class list or roster of the children in both classes that Adam Lanza allegedly shot his way into, along with an itemization of who survived and who didn't.

This is to protect the survivor(s) aka victims. The parents want absolute anonymity so they can move forward with their lives.

28) The ages of the parents interviewed don't seem to be typical of those of a six-year-old. Many of them were in their mid- to late 40's, or 50 altogether.

Ummmmm, I'm a 43 year old with a 1 year old. I'll be 48 when she is 6 years old. My friend is 48 years old, his son who attended the school is 10.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
CTtoFL, I think I figured out the discrepancy regarding the population. There appears to be a town of Newton and inside of that town is a borough, also called Newtown. The town has a population close to 20,000 and the Borough has a population of less then 2,000. Is that correct? If so it appears that CD and a few other sources are listing the borough's population, not the town population.
I've never heard of Newton, CT - maybe another part of the state. Newtown is big - it has 4 grammar schools (K-4), its own middle school (5-6), its own junior high (7&8) and its own high school. There's no way 2000 people are filling those schools. My town has 2700 people - we have one K-4 school, one 5-8 school, and we "share" a high school with a neighboring town.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromCTtoFL View Post
I've never heard of Newton, CT - maybe another part of the state. Newtown is big - it has 4 grammar schools (K-4), its own middle school (5-6), its own junior high (7&8) and its own high school. There's no way 2000 people are filling those schools. My town has 2700 people - we have one K-4 school, one 5-8 school, and we "share" a high school with a neighboring town.
Yes, I meant Newtown, I misspelled it as Newton. Does the town of Newtown also contain a borough called Newtown? That is what I found and it would explain the discrepancy regarding population. I was asking you since you live in the area and would probably know the answer. I think that CD (and others) must be using the borough population and not the town population and that is why there is a huge discrepancy with the numbers. It's not a big deal, just something I noticed and was trying to figure out. And I did.

Last edited by MissTerri; 03-24-2014 at 09:53 PM..

Old 03-24-2014, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Yes, I meant Newtown, I misspelled it as Newton. Does the town of Newtown also contain a borough called Newtown? That is what I found and it would explain the discrepancy regarding population. I am asking you since you live in the area and would probably know the answer.
Ohhhhhh, that makes more sense! Yes, you are exactly right! Newtown is divided into, I guess boroughs or "neighborhoods" - Sandyhook is one, Botsford, Hattertown, etc and I'm pretty sure the the "town center" is the neighborhood that is the Newtown borough you are referring to.

Old 03-25-2014, 11:44 AM

130 posts, read 170,483 times
Quote:
weird, here is another source putting the population at less then 2,000. Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site

I wonder why there be such a large discrepancy between sources?

My first inclination was to chime in here that this was just a "typo," or rather an omission of a zero. However, when I clicked onto the link I noticed that this "mistake" occurred more than once, which reduces that possibility.

I am guessing that the stats differ because different criteria are used, i.e., the lower figure (~2,000) is Newtown proper and the higher figure (~20,000) includes the surrounding region.

That said, there are countless "anomalies" associated with the Newtown shooting that clearly paint a hinky picture. The thing stinks like a rotten fish!

School security expert (and former cop) Wolfgang Halbig KNOWS something is very wrong here!

"Halbig is not your average conspiracy theorist. In fact he’s not one at all.
He’s a former educator and law enforcement officer who now contracts out as a national school safety consultant.
His job is to help schools prevent incidents like the one that unfolded in Newtown. In order to do that, he needs to know exactly what happened at Sandy Hook.
'How do I tell people how to make their school safer when we don’t even have the truth about Sandy Hook? asked a frustrated Halbig. 'See, there is a nexus, I do this for a living.'
But school, state and federal officials aren’t making his job easy, and the state’s even threatened him for meddling in their affairs."

» School Shooting Expert Threatened Over Sandy Hook Investigation Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Last edited by Yac; 09-07-2018 at 08:27 AM..

Old 03-25-2014, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by equineluvr View Post
My first inclination was to chime in here that this was just a "typo," or rather an omission of a zero. However, when I clicked onto the link I noticed that this "mistake" occurred more than once, which reduces that possibility.

I am guessing that the stats differ because different criteria are used, i.e., the lower figure (~2,000) is Newtown proper and the higher figure (~20,000) includes the surrounding region.
Yes, CD is reporting the borough population, not the town population as a whole. I can see why they were confused because it is confusing.

I do find the anomalies with this shooting to be concerning. If there were just a few that would be one thing but there are so many that a person can't dismiss all of them. I don't plan to post much more, if at all in this thread though because the vast majority of the people don't want to hear it and will only come here to hurl insults rather then address the issues.

Old 03-25-2014, 01:52 PM

1,106 posts, read 1,156,813 times
This reflects a big negative of the internet--people get all of these bits of information, and then go though everything with a fine tooth comb. And then everyone becomes an expert.
So those of you who see a conspiracy, what is your theory of 'what really happened?'

Old 03-25-2014, 02:52 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,902,201 times
[MOD CUT/off topic]

What really happened is that a crazy young man got hold of some firearms and used them to kill 27 people in an elementary school.

Any other description is just a conspiracy theory.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-29-2014 at 07:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime