Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 03:05 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,209,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marka View Post
Well, that pretty much covers it.
If that covers it, then every post that gets legal responses is "engaging". A lower threshhold than I would have thought.

Still doesn't address the thread starting issue. Good luck to those who want to be, or are, engaged as the rules describe.

Old 04-01-2014, 04:03 PM

3,172 posts, read 2,729,787 times
Marka's response is far from complete here. There is a much better list of criteria in the rules:
  1. ability of the contestant to motivate other forum users to create informative posts by starting engaging forum threads or by posting engaging posts, without provoking emotional responses or disrupting normal on-topic discussion
  2. ability of the contestant to bring up and sustain discussions of topics that have not been previously extensively discussed in a given forum
  3. total amount of unique information presented in posts
  4. educational value of posts to potential future readers
  5. insightfulness of posts
  6. formatting, spelling, grammar, and presentation of information
  7. usefulness of information to potential future readers
  8. variety of information presented
  9. up-to-dateness of information
  10. whether the submission adheres to these Rules
As you can see, starting just any threads is not enough. The responses need to be informative. And it's just one of many criteria. Previous winners in the "Engaging" contests haven't started a huge number of threads.

Old 04-01-2014, 07:14 PM

5,293 posts, read 4,357,348 times
I copied this thread and stickied it here because I know many people do not visit About the Forum. It costs nothing and it could get you $500.00!

I really think many of you should enter this. Most of you write informative posts that are really engaging. Just what Administrator is looking for! Good luck!

Oh BTW, I'm still ginnie. After 7 years A change was in order.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime