Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 05:50 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,733,097 times

Advertisements

Last I read, his attorney is appealing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2014, 08:59 PM

662 posts, read 1,046,115 times
When you want to be a thug and break into someone's home..this is what happens.

Old 05-09-2014, 06:39 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,372,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
hate to break it to ya, but most pistol calibers are underpowered for use on humans. They work, but they primarily work by bleeding out your assailant and/or punching holes in vital organs (mostly, the heart).

The exit wound has nothing to do with anything, what the bullet passes through is what matters. Hit major arteries and organs and then wait for them to expire, or get a central nervous system hit and stop them instantly.

You have fallen for the myth that .45 ACP is a magic round that stops all in it's path no matter what, the reality is someone could soak up all 8 rounds you put into them and still kill you before they expire. In fact they could get back in their car and make it a fair ways. A big reason for people either dropping after one shot or continuing to fight is their mental state, how determined they are. A lot of people fall down after being shot because that's what they've seen in movies and think that's how it goes, believe it or not.

Rifle rounds are a different story, most people don't survive a direct hit from a center fire rifle round. Most people survive pistol rounds.

I have fifty boxes of 45 ACP Winchester Ranger Talon 230gr. +P Hollow Point Ammo that is arguably the most deadly ammunition available at this time.

A performance hollow point (hunting hollow point) actually starts to expand because of a "hydro-static" reaction to the animal's body fluids. As the hollow point engages the body fluids, the hollow point expands/mushrooms to perhaps more than twice the original diameter of the bullet. The purpose of the hollow point is to generate a larger wound channel which serves 2 purposes. First, a larger wound channel creates more "shock" to the animals nervous system ... which debilitates the animal. Second, the larger wound channel creates a larger source of blood loss with minimal chance of clotting to stop blood flow.

If a hollow point should exit the body, they mushroomed bullet actually minimizes the chance of a ricochet, because of a decrease of remaining energy (due to energy transfer) and a less rounded surface that would facilitate deflection of the bullet upon a hard surface.

It's this "" shock "" we are speaking about that causes the intruder to become neutralized while the rapid bleed out internally greatly increases chances of death in a swift and precise manner.

Old 05-09-2014, 06:51 AM

28,623 posts, read 18,677,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
I have fifty boxes of 45 ACP Winchester Ranger Talon 230gr. +P Hollow Point Ammo that is arguably the most deadly ammunition available at this time.

A performance hollow point (hunting hollow point) actually starts to expand because of a "hydro-static" reaction to the animal's body fluids. As the hollow point engages the body fluids, the hollow point expands/mushrooms to perhaps more than twice the original diameter of the bullet. The purpose of the hollow point is to generate a larger wound channel which serves 2 purposes. First, a larger wound channel creates more "shock" to the animals nervous system ... which debilitates the animal. Second, the larger wound channel creates a larger source of blood loss with minimal chance of clotting to stop blood flow.

If a hollow point should exit the body, they mushroomed bullet actually minimizes the chance of a ricochet, because of a decrease of remaining energy (due to energy transfer) and a less rounded surface that would facilitate deflection of the bullet upon a hard surface.

It's this "" shock "" we are speaking about that causes the intruder to become neutralized while the rapid bleed out internally greatly increases chances of death in a swift and precise manner.
And yet, there are cases of combatants taking even multiple 12-gauge slugs and continuing to engage in combat.

It's not a myth that larger calibers and engineered bullets are better at stopping assailants, but being "not a myth" does not mean "guarantee." The only sure stoppers are penetration of the brain or heart.

Old 05-09-2014, 08:50 AM

3,433 posts, read 5,733,097 times
I only have one gun in my house near my bed.

16 gauge pump shotgun

Old 05-09-2014, 09:00 AM

1,376 posts, read 1,360,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
And yet, there are cases of combatants taking even multiple 12-gauge slugs and continuing to engage in combat.

It's not a myth that larger calibers and engineered bullets are better at stopping assailants, but being "not a myth" does not mean "guarantee." The only sure stoppers are penetration of the brain or heart.
That's the thing. It has to be a good hit in the vitals. Pistol calibers do not have enough velocity to produce hydraulic shock like the game cartridges can. The 50 cal can be an exception to this as it can put you down pretty fast with large wounds.

I carry a 40sw for SD and at home I have a 40sw carbine for HD.

Old 05-09-2014, 09:42 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,265,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbyBobble View Post
When you want to be a thug and break into someone's home..this is what happens.
Someone shoots you, drags you across the floor onto a tarp, gives you a lecture, then shoots you again under the chin In some kind of twisted revenge fantasy that would make Hollywood proud?

I'm no expert, but I doubt that happens very often.

Old 05-09-2014, 09:53 AM

28,623 posts, read 18,677,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeGer View Post
That's the thing. It has to be a good hit in the vitals. Pistol calibers do not have enough velocity to produce hydraulic shock like the game cartridges can. The 50 cal can be an exception to this as it can put you down pretty fast with large wounds.

I carry a 40sw for SD and at home I have a 40sw carbine for HD.
This is true. Hydrostatic shock should not be much of a consideration for personal defense handguns.

Old 05-09-2014, 11:28 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,560,595 times
Default Two California Juvenile Delinquents DEAD

Family, Friends Of Dead Home Invaders Say "They Didn't Deserve To Get Killed." - Bearing Arms

Californians are apparently worn out with crime. Police say it was self-defense.

Old 05-09-2014, 12:00 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,360,474 times
To the families of dead crooks, cry me a river. Tired of listening to their horse manure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime