Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 07:20 PM

95 posts, read 107,346 times

Advertisements

the fact that the child was Morgan's own daughter made the crime that much more unspeakable. And the way he accomplished the killing made it seem even more horrific — he strapped the child into her pink-flowered car seat, tethered a five-pound metal car jack to the seat, threw the contraption into a stream in Shark River Park in Wall and left the crying child to die in the murky water as he drove away to a liquor store.

Man who tossed daughter to her death gets life in prison | WVEC.com Norfolk - Hampton Roads
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2014, 07:16 PM

513 posts, read 799,130 times
I read another story almost exactly like that. I will never understand it. It's always dad is angry at mom because she wants to leave or has another guy and so he decides to "get rid of" what she loves.

Selfish. Disgusting. I can't even put into words what these stories do to me.

Old 05-29-2014, 08:47 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,579,094 times
I remember that story. Heartbreaking to think of that poor toddler struggling for air & wondering why the daddy she loved did such a thing to her! How I wish we made the punishment fit the crime in this country! I would love it if they'd weigh him down and throw him into a deep body of water!

Old 05-30-2014, 04:45 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poodlestix View Post
I would love it if they'd weigh him down and throw him into a deep body of water!
We have an amendment that prohibits cruel and unusual punishment.

Old 05-31-2014, 08:01 PM

652 posts, read 873,884 times
If a parent is not going to live up to their obligation of raising a child until 18. Perhaps they should not have children to avoid these avoidable tragedies.

Old 06-01-2014, 03:04 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,758,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
We have an amendment that prohibits cruel and unusual punishment.
Yeah, but was the punishment the little girl got "kind and usual"? What punishment fits this crime?

Old 06-01-2014, 08:02 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Yeah, but was the punishment the little girl got "kind and usual"? What punishment fits this crime?
The little girl wasn't being judicially punished.

As for what punishment fits the crime - we have imprisonment.

Old 06-01-2014, 09:54 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,480,960 times
Horrible
Just tucked my kids in a couple of hours ago. My son is 8 and my girl is 5 months. IT breaks my heart to hear about things like this. So sad

Old 06-02-2014, 12:16 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,758,516 times
Quote:

I understand all that, Harrier, but people baying for this guy's blood have a point. This was a brutal crime against an innocent victim, and I can see why people are likely to be dissatisfied by giving her killer a permanent place to live, no requirement that he work, three squares a day plus free college degrees, legal assistance -- anything he needs in response. It's like rewarding him for murdering his own infant.

Old 06-04-2014, 07:24 AM

3,649 posts, read 4,499,104 times
Quote:

Semantics. She wasn't judicially punished - that makes me feel so much better. Must make the little girl and her mother feel better too. This grown man effected cruel pain and suffering resulting in the death of a young, innocent victim. Yeah, I'd say he deserves a bit more than prison. And oh good, imprisonment. Another dreg of society that gets to live for free. Gets 3 meals a day. Gets free healthcare. Gets free college education. Gets free TV and Internet. Free gym. Fantastic solution. He should be taken out behind the courthouse and a bullet put in his head. Quick, clean, cheap and effective. Our planet is becoming ever more crowded. We do NOT have room for biological trash like him. Therefore, he needs to be disposed of appropriately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime