Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 09:56 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times

Advertisements

Cooper Harris Autopsy Results: Justin Ross Harris’ Son Died Of Hyperthermia - Hollywood Life

Quote:
In a horrifying turn of events, new evidence in Cooper’s death suggest that his father, Justin, may have researched whether or not leaving his son in the car would kill him.

A new report claims that police confiscated Justin’s computer from his desk at the Home Depot corporate office, and a law enforcement source revealed that “someone searched for information on how long it takes for an animal to die in a hot car.“

Old 06-27-2014, 01:36 AM

335 posts, read 503,781 times
I've been following this tragic case.

Last night on Anderson Cooper, Sunny Hostin, an attorney, was commenting on the case and said that she used to drive barefoot and put her shoes in the back seat of the car with her kids - so when she arrived at her destination she would have to take her shoes and that way she wouldn't forget her kids. Apparently, she'd forgotten about them before.

I always thought this woman had a screw loose.

There's alot more to learn about this case. Time will tell if the father planned to kill his own baby.

Old 06-29-2014, 12:35 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
On the surface, everything indicates he did plan it. Police found on his computer that he searched for information on temperatures needed to kill a child in a car. They also know that he went outside to his car during the day. There's no way he wouldn't have smelled his son. He drove from work for about ten minutes before he pulled over in a parking lot. Witnesses at the parking lot said the stench was overpowering. There's no way he couldn't have known that his son was dead in the back of that car when he got into it after work.

Last edited by Hopes; 06-29-2014 at 12:56 AM..

Old 06-29-2014, 12:52 AM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,249,602 times
What if he forgot him and then when he remembered he went out to see if he was ok, but he was already dead, so he spent the rest of the day planning how to cover it up? And what if the search on the computer was because he was trying to figure out how it happened so fast? You can't expect a father to be sane when his baby dies that way.

The cops should very carefully investigate his history, and interview everyone who ever knew him. To see if he ever had bizarre behavior in the past. Such as when he was a little boy if he left his pet parakeet in the refrigerator overnight, or went to the zoo and stuck a knife in a monkey. Because if they can't find any past bizarre behavior, it's going to be almost impossible to convince a jury it wasn't an accident. Especially if he has a good lawyer, who knows how to raise doubts and mitigate evidence.

Old 06-29-2014, 01:11 AM

If I suddenly remembered that I left a child in a car, I would literally scream, jump up from my desk, and run like hell out to the parking lot!

I believe the web search was found on his home computer, not his work computer.

Old 06-29-2014, 01:11 AM
eok

It also, for some strange reason, reminds me of the dog that bit the boy on the tricycle, and was chased away by the boy's cat. What if the dog was driven insane by the sound of the tricycle? And what if this father was driven insane by the sound of his son's crying? Some sounds really can drive people to temporary insanity. Maybe, by coincidence, it was the exact sound to trigger some kind of latent insanity that could be triggered by certain sounds. Especially the kind of loud sounds that get on people's nerves. What if the tricycle made a very loud sound at a high pitch that can't be heard by humans? What if the dog was simply trying to pull the boy off the tricycle, and grabbed his leg a little too hard with his teeth? And this father might have parked at work and gone inside to get away for a minute, from his son's crying, and then something might have happened inside, to make him forget to go back out. It could have been a combination, of insanity from the sound of crying, plus something happening to make him forget. And then the insanity again, to make him try to cover it up.

The most complicated, messiest cases, are those where insanity is a factor, but not an overwhelming factor. A combination of insanity, coincidence, bad luck, etc., can make bizarre things happen, which can never be explained, with no possible credible excuses or anything.

Old 06-29-2014, 01:22 AM
eok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
If I suddenly remembered that I left a child in a car, I would literally scream, jump up from my desk, and run like hell out to the parking lot!

I believe the web search was found on his home computer, not his work computer.
Trying to cover it up sounds to me like exactly what a lot of people in shock might do. But the web search might be the key. I would like more details of it. Do they have exactly what he typed in to do the search, and exactly when he typed it?

Old 06-29-2014, 01:23 AM

You're making too many excuses for this POS. There's no temporary insanity in what he did. He planned this.

Old 06-29-2014, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eok View Post
But the web search might be the key. I would like more details of it.
They're not releasing the details of when the searches occurred yet.

Quote:
Do they have exactly what he typed in to do the search, and exactly when he typed it?
Yes, police have access to exactly that type of information when they investigate internet searches.

Old 06-29-2014, 01:45 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,631,833 times
Quote:
It also, for some strange reason, reminds me of the dog that bit the boy on the tricycle, and was chased away by the boy's cat. What if the dog was driven insane by the sound of the tricycle? And what if this father was driven insane by the sound of his son's crying? Some sounds really can drive people to temporary insanity. Maybe, by coincidence, it was the exact sound to trigger some kind of latent insanity that could be triggered by certain sounds. Especially the kind of loud sounds that get on people's nerves. What if the tricycle made a very loud sound at a high pitch that can't be heard by humans? What if the dog was simply trying to pull the boy off the tricycle, and grabbed his leg a little too hard with his teeth? And this father might have parked at work and gone inside to get away for a minute, from his son's crying, and then something might have happened inside, to make him forget to go back out. It could have been a combination, of insanity from the sound of crying, plus something happening to make him forget. And then the insanity again, to make him try to cover it up.

The most complicated, messiest cases, are those where insanity is a factor, but not an overwhelming factor. A combination of insanity, coincidence, bad luck, etc., can make bizarre things happen, which can never be explained, with no possible credible excuses or anything.
What if your mother had been a man, than she would have been your father.

I can't believe you're even comparing this POS to the story of a heroic cat that had an attachment to a young child.

Dog attacked the boy(happens every day) and the family pet(cat) reacted. End of story.

This was intentional, this guy is a monster.

I am sorry I even heard about this story, just when you think it can't get any worse, it does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime