Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 03:26 AM

175 posts, read 256,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
Eyewitnesses can be wrong and/or attention seeking. All this guy is doing is creating doubt in the minds of future jurors. I can see why the police wanted to keep his statement under wraps.
NO, Eyewitnesses were not wrong. You need to see the videos of the guy and of his sister. The guy has seen her park there and meet the guy in the red car more than a few times! Maybe it's something innocent but the guy in the red car is the person, who saw her last and she is gone, baby, gone..... This investigation is taking too long. Very strange.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 07:29 AM

2,382 posts, read 5,394,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kv7370 View Post
NO, Eyewitnesses were not wrong. You need to see the videos of the guy and of his sister. The guy has seen her park there and meet the guy in the red car more than a few times! Maybe it's something innocent but the guy in the red car is the person, who saw her last and she is gone, baby, gone..... This investigation is taking too long. Very strange.
From my experience, NCIS was most likely involved sooner than the public announcement that they were joining the case. NCIS investigations tend to move very slowly from the public perspective - they are pretty tight about details. NCIS officers don't have any public pressure to solve cases like say, an elected Sheriff would. And they, the military/NCIS has something of a vested interest in letting the case fall out of the public eye - esp if they have already identified the "red car guy".

It seems that they found human remains out there yesterday. Not hers though, these had been out there at least a year.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
Air Force has dress blues as well. I don't know the area that well . It could very well be Navy or even FBI.
Quote:
Quote:

The NCIS is involved now ( that must be the rank I was seeing and that is Navy...)

NCIS joins Erin Corwin investigation

Edit: This article says it was posted 3 hours ago (according to the internet) That must be all the silver
Huh? I think any military members involved in the investigation would be in uniform of the day which would be the whites for the Navy this time of year, or most likely desert cammies out there in 29 Palms.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:53 AM

2,438 posts, read 2,810,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeneko View Post
Huh? I think any military members involved in the investigation would be in uniform of the day which would be the whites for the Navy this time of year, or most likely desert cammies out there in 29 Palms.

I am really not sure what your position is in this thread, other than defending the husband. NCIS would be a a higher rank and they have dress blues and well as khakis or white everyday clothing. That is common sense.

Old 07-19-2014, 12:41 AM

7,636 posts, read 8,705,627 times
About this witness Michael Beasley, did he tell the story from the beginning and it was just not mentioned by the media, or did he come out only recently? If the latter, I'd have suspicion about him. The story sounds suspicious, and the only witnesses are Mr. Beasley and his sister, who could well be corroborating with each other.

Old 07-19-2014, 01:37 AM

2,438 posts, read 2,810,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssww View Post
About this witness Michael Beasley, did he tell the story from the beginning and it was just not mentioned by the media, or did he come out only recently? If the latter, I'd have suspicion about him. The story sounds suspicious, and the only witnesses are Mr. Beasley and his sister, who could well be corroborating with each other.
I think she went to Palomar State Park which is 2.5 hours away. Why would she visit a state park that she is around all the time? Did the guy give her a lift?

Old 07-19-2014, 07:24 AM

6,292 posts, read 10,596,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssww View Post
According to the family it's the latter of the two. I think he's attention seeking. When the police were at the scene interviewing the water guy who found and reported the car they should have approached the police and not waited.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
According to the family it's the latter of the two. I think he's attention seeking. When the police were at the scene interviewing the water guy who found and reported the car they should have approached the police and not waited.
My experience is that people who chose to way out there near 29 Palms are sometimes a little "different" than the rest of us, LOL. They are often the type of people who want to live off the grid, and keep a low profile so I could buy that they wouldn't approach the police...

Search for missing Marine wife continues, new warrant details em - San Diego, California News Station - KFMB Channel 8 - cbs8.com

I noticed this posted yesterday... It seems odd that someone on a six yr contract wouldnt' make sgt before they were discharged, Lee seems to have unit awards vs. personal awards and is missing a "good cookie" (good conduct medal) - he should have two of them. Although I guess its possible to have not come thru yet. He would have still been on active duty when she went missing....

So the address searched are both base housing (?) But since then the Lees have moved off base. That seems weird. There aren't many jobs out there, I find it odd that they would move into a new place off base right as he's being discharged. I know lots of people that have hung around Oceanside after getting out at Camp Pendlton, etc but I can't think of anyone we knew that stayed in 29.

Old 07-19-2014, 12:02 PM

175 posts, read 256,604 times
Beasely and his sister did not wait to report this! They reported it way back on June 30! They have no reason to lie! They told what they saw. I'm glad they came forward. They said the car had been moved too, about 100 feet farther from the road than where it had been. That is not a good sign AT ALL. So, Where is this guy in the red car? There is your answer. If someone never saw this car, then was it a rental? Also, don't they have CAMERAS at the base entrance? I can't see where this is hard to solve. I find it very weird that it hasn't been by now.

Old 07-19-2014, 03:16 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,596,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeneko View Post
My experience is that people who chose to way out there near 29 Palms are sometimes a little "different" than the rest of us, LOL. They are often the type of people who want to live off the grid, and keep a low profile so I could buy that they wouldn't approach the police...

Search for missing Marine wife continues, new warrant details em - San Diego, California News Station - KFMB Channel 8 - cbs8.com

I noticed this posted yesterday... It seems odd that someone on a six yr contract wouldnt' make sgt before they were discharged, Lee seems to have unit awards vs. personal awards and is missing a "good cookie" (good conduct medal) - he should have two of them. Although I guess its possible to have not come thru yet. He would have still been on active duty when she went missing....

So the address searched are both base housing (?) But since then the Lees have moved off base. That seems weird. There aren't many jobs out there, I find it odd that they would move into a new place off base right as he's being discharged. I know lots of people that have hung around Oceanside after getting out at Camp Pendlton, etc but I can't think of anyone we knew that stayed in 29.
A good conduct medal was the first one listed. He's serving in the IRR. When my husband did that he still worked on base daily supporting the active duty guys.

At least we now know who owns the jeep from Alaska.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime