Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 05:55 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,352,921 times

Advertisements

Search Intensifies for Marine's Missing Pregnant Wife - ABC News

what do you guys think?

first of all, i used to live out in joshua tree, and i can tell you that if it were a stranger killing, in my opinion they would NOT have left her car out there to be found so easily. it is something like 70 miles from twentynine palms to interstate 40, and there is only one gas station out there in Amboy, where the famous Roy's Diner is. out that way are endless abandoned homesteads and there is even an abandoned air force base out there. so many places to dump. if you are a local, you would know of dozens of other places. if you are NOT a local, why the hell would you be coming off the highway to the high desert to snatch someone from 29, when there are other places around that are so much easier pickings? anywhere on the 10 freeway would be a better spot if you are looking for a victim. what fool is gonna drive into a town filled with marines (twentynine is the BIGGEST marine base in the country- they have a freaking fake Iraqui village out there they train people on- its HUGE) looking for a girl to snatch? all the way up at least an hour into the high desert, no matter what direction you come through? with no promise for sure of finding someone? does that make sense? no it doesnt. the husband did it, imo. thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2014, 08:03 PM

44,630 posts, read 61,620,191 times
In this strange world anything could've happened. Yes the husband could be involved but as the police said in the video no crime has been determined, only suspicions.
We haven't heard from the husband on TV telling his story so we'll just have to wait and see. Too early to surmise what happened. She is a pretty girl and some pervert could have abducted her, we'll just have to wait and see. Too many scenarios to sort out.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:43 PM

175 posts, read 256,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post

what do you guys think?

first of all, i used to live out in joshua tree, and i can tell you that if it were a stranger killing, in my opinion they would NOT have left her car out there to be found so easily. it is something like 70 miles from twentynine palms to interstate 40, and there is only one gas station out there in Amboy, where the famous Roy's Diner is. out that way are endless abandoned homesteads and there is even an abandoned air force base out there. so many places to dump. if you are a local, you would know of dozens of other places. if you are NOT a local, why the hell would you be coming off the highway to the high desert to snatch someone from 29, when there are other places around that are so much easier pickings? anywhere on the 10 freeway would be a better spot if you are looking for a victim. what fool is gonna drive into a town filled with marines (twentynine is the BIGGEST marine base in the country- they have a freaking fake Iraqui village out there they train people on- its HUGE) looking for a girl to snatch? all the way up at least an hour into the high desert, no matter what direction you come through? with no promise for sure of finding someone? does that make sense? no it doesnt. the husband did it, imo. thoughts?

Maybe it was another Marine that did something to her! She is so young and maybe naïve and one of these guys (marine) did something to her.

Old 07-11-2014, 08:28 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Call me cynical--and I will note that there is no proof of anything, as others have pointed out--but we've heard this story SOOOOO many times before, haven't we? Man calls and reports his wife missing. He was the last one to see her alive. She was usually "going for a walk" or in this case, "going to Joshua Tree National Park".

Took him a day to report her missing.

Pretty sure we know how this will end.

Old 07-11-2014, 08:55 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,443,357 times
Time will tell that the husband did it, no matter what excuses anyone comes up with. It's an old old story, told so many times before. Oh, I know some don't approve of it being said before the trial, but there is no law against saying it. He did it, he did it, he did it.

Old 07-11-2014, 02:06 PM

1,608 posts, read 3,077,590 times
Marines are hardcore!

Best of Full Metal Jacket - Boot Camp/Basic Training - YouTube

Old 07-13-2014, 11:32 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
Time will tell that the husband did it, no matter what excuses anyone comes up with. It's an old old story, told so many times before. Oh, I know some don't approve of it being said before the trial, but there is no law against saying it. He did it, he did it, he did it.
Yep this ^^^^^^....uh let us see what names come to mind Oh yeah scott Peterson , drew Peterson , and the other guy who set his house on fire after slamming the door in the face of a social worker with him and his kids too bad his creepy dad was not in there with him , that guy was a coward to put his sons in the house with him. we have seen too many of these stories when is violence against women going to stop???

Old 07-13-2014, 03:15 PM

2,382 posts, read 5,395,410 times
Murder of pregnant women - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
ABC News claim that about 20 percent of women who die during pregnancy are victims of murder.[9] However according to the CDC "The pregnancy-associated homicide ratio was 1.7 per 100,000 live births".[10] In other words the chances of a pregnant woman being murdered was around 0.0017%.[11] However, a study by Jeani Chang and coworkers, published in the American Journal of Public Health, showed that pregnancy associated deaths reported by the CDC underestimate the problem. According to their data, the rate in Maryland is 10.5 per 100,000 live births, a much higher figure.[12]

Isabelle Horon and Diana Cheng published a Maryland study in 2001 in the Journal of the American Medical Association which found "a pregnant or recently pregnant woman is more likely to be a victim of homicide than to die of any other cause":[4]

[T]he killings span racial and ethnic groups. In cases whose details were known, 67 percent of women were killed with firearms. Many women were slain at home — in bedrooms, living rooms, kitchens — usually by men they knew. Husbands. Boyfriends. Lovers.[4]
The fact that she is/was pregnant make the husband more likely in my mind... Murder is the number one cause of death for pregnant women.

Old 07-13-2014, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post

what do you guys think?

Yikes, I've been to the gas station. Back when I was stationed on 29 Palms, I had a old friend who was going to be in Vegas for a few days so I borrowed a car from fellow Marine to drive there. Car broke down in July, several miles from that same gas station. I ended up walking in 110 heat to get help. 24 year female alone. That area out there is freakin' creepy. This was in the mid 90" so no cell phone, gps.... just a paper map and a guess as to how far I was from anything

Old 07-13-2014, 03:32 PM

Wild Animal Park Employee Admits To Murder - 10News.com KGTV ABC10 San Diego

There was another missing Marine wife case out here years ago where a lot of people (including myself) suspected the husband and it turned out he (the Marine) was innocent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime