Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 05:05 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,050,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Manson and Simpson never killed anyone.
Are you serious?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2014, 11:13 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Are you serious?
Yes.

Who did Charles Manson and Orenthal James Simpson kill?

Old 07-21-2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocopsonite View Post
For Delaware, Thomas Capano. Came from a family (and his own career) of power and privilege. Had two mistresses but killed only one of them. Died in prison. Ann Rule wrote the best true crime book about the case.
Harrier thinks of serial killer Steven Pennell, and Billy Bailey - the last man to be executed by hanging in the United States (1996) when he thinks of Delaware killers.

Old 07-21-2014, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostoneunturned View Post
I really, really wish I hadn't taken you up on this "literary journey". "Disturbing"...Too right. Ugh. I read Corll's Wikipedia page and got to the part describing what happened to his victims and I feel physically ill and had to stop. Mind I've read books about Ted Bundy, the Green River Killer, BTK, etc, and this is just too much for me. How someone that deeply disturbed and evil could walk unrecognized amongst the rest of us (he even help an apparently decent job the whole time) is beyond incredible.
Harrier has read practically every book about Gary Ridgway, Ted Bundy, and Dennis Rader.

The only true crime book that was so disturbing that Harrier had to put it down was one about some psychopath in New Mexico.

Harrier has forgotten the guy and his "lady"'s name because the things they did were so horrendous.

Harrier will Google the case and post it here.

Here it is - David Parker Ray.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_k...y/1_index.html

Harrier doesn't know the name of the book - but it is the only true crime book that he never finished reading.

This guy was truly sick.

Old 07-21-2014, 04:56 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,810,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidburn View Post
Here are some of my votes off the top of my head:

AZ - Jared Loughner
CA - Charles Manson
CO - Columbine shooters
CT - Adam Lanza
GA - Eric Rudolph
IL - John Wayne Gacy
MA - Boston strangler
MD/DC - Beltway snipers
MI - Andrew Kehoe
MT - Unibomber
OH - Donald Harvey
OK - Timothy McVeigh
TX - Charles Whitman
VA - Seung Hui Cho
WA - Gary Ridgeway
WI - Jeffery Dahmer
Good catch on Kehoe. Worst school massacre in American history, and it's almost completely forgotten.

AK: Robert Hansen or Israel Keyes
AR: Ronald Gene Simmons (killed 16 people, 14 of them his own family, over the span of a week)
CA: James Huberty
GA: Wayne Williams
MN: whoever killed Jacob Wetterling
SC: Susan Smith
UT: Gary Gilmore
WA: Ted Bundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
The Beltway Snipers weren't from Maryland.
From the context of the OP, it seems clear that it refers to the state in which the killings took place, or from which the killer primarily lived while committing the killings. At least, that's my take on it.

Old 07-21-2014, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
WA: Ted Bundy
Ted Bundy was a lightweight compared to Gary Ridgway - plus he spread his murders out over at least four states, and maybe more.

Ridgway is the top killer in Washington, by a river.

Old 07-22-2014, 04:10 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,050,932 times
Quote:
Yes.

I 'bolded' Simpson. Who did he murder? How about Nicole Simpson and Ronald Goldman?

As far as Manson: he brainwashed the morons who did the actually killing; he was definitely an accessory.

Old 07-22-2014, 06:32 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,257,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post

From the context of the OP, it seems clear that it refers to the state in which the killings took place, or from which the killer primarily lived while committing the killings. At least, that's my take on it.
OK. It wasn't mine, but it's really not that big of a deal. Anyway, I'd say that Booth is the most infamous killer from Maryland (who did his killing in Washington, D.C.), and won't argue that the Beltway Snipers are the most infamous killers whose crimes were committed in Maryland (and elsewhere).

Old 07-22-2014, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
I 'bolded' Simpson. Who did he murder? How about Nicole Simpson and Ronald Goldman?
Harrier seems to remember watching TV at 10:04 a.m. on October 3, 1995 and hearing a jury foreman say "we the jury in the above titled action find the defendant Orenthal James Simpson not guilty..."

Here it is, in case you missed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=infLrZjJpNc

Old 07-22-2014, 01:22 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,758,516 times
Quote:
Yes.

Charles Manson was convicted of killing Shorty Shea with his own two hands after Steve Grogan finally told them where to find the body. I know a lot of people think he never killed anyone if he only ordered a killing, but none of the other Manson murders would have happened without him choosing the houses and telling his peeps to kill everyone inside -- he even personally tied up the LaBiancas before sending his kill squad inside, dressed and equipped to kill them per his instructions. He even rewarded them with milkshakes afterwards. I know a lot of people take issue with this, but if you choose the victims and order the killings, under the law and certainly on an ethical level you are just as guilty as the person who did the killing, maybe more so. In fact he got angry at Tex Watson for not killing everyone in every house on Cielo Drive the first night, so if the Mansonites had not disobeyed him there would be far more people dead. Stuff that in your pipe and smoke it, readers!

OJ Simpson was acquitted of a murder he obviously committed, but then found liable for wrongful death in civil court. So you can take your choice there of course. But public opinion doesn't determine whether he did it or not. The court doesn't determine whether he really did it or not, if you think about it. They only decide whether he gets punished for it. Unaccountably, they voted against.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime