Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 03:21 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,758,516 times

Advertisements

Aaaaaand the jury found him guilty!

'Porch Shooter' Theodore Wafer Found Guilty of Murder - ABC News

It's almost enough to make me wonder if the suburbs are starting to develop a respect for the sanctity of human life!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2014, 05:43 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,834,641 times
Well to be fair HE BLINDLY OPENED FIRE!!!!!!! (W/o checking first who it was)

Old 08-13-2014, 09:15 PM

11 posts, read 11,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smommaof3 View Post
I have been in a similar situation to you pre cell phones. You know what? I didn't knock all over one person's home and act belligerently (I wasn't drunk either). I can't imagine being alone and someone knocking all over the place and scaring you. Who would know what that was or what they wanted?
So naturally shooting blindly out your front door is the proper way to deal with it? What this guy did was WRONG, and IMO he is a spineless coward who deserves what he got. I believe everybody should have the right to defend themselves in their home or even out on the street, but this doesn't even come close to self defense. I don't care if you're a teenage girl or a two time 40 year old felon, you should be able to knock on anybody's door anytime of night or day without getting shot, It's that simple!! The guy had many options, he could have asked her what she wanted, called 911, but shooting out of his front door like a maniac wasn't one of them, legally or morally!! I lived in Detroit proper as well as bordering suburbs for many years, and I've seen alot of crazy things, but I still can't fathom shooting somebody just for banging on my door!! Glad this psycho is going away, just too bad the young lady had too also.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:27 PM

11 posts, read 11,434 times
Back some 23 years ago, when i was 18, I rolled my car over several times on a dirt road in Macomb County. I was giving my girlfriend a ride home after we were at a party and had a few drinks, maybe smoked a little, you know typical teenager stuff. It was about 2 o clock in the morning, and I was unconscious after the wreck laying on the side of the road. My girlfriend at the time faired much better than I, and just received a concussion and a gash on her head. The road we were on was dark and the houses were pretty far apart, she walked, disoriented for about a quarter mile or more, before knocking on a door, crying for help. The people called 911, and drove her back to the accident scene, I was rushed to the hospital and put on life support, these peoples actions saved my life pretty much. That is how normal people react to situations like these, guess if they were psychos like Mr.wafer, they would have shot her for having the audacity to ask a stranger for help, and we'd both be dead.

Old 08-15-2014, 04:32 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc 701 View Post
Back some 23 years ago, when i was 18, I rolled my car over several times on a dirt road in Macomb County. I was giving my girlfriend a ride home after we were at a party and had a few drinks, maybe smoked a little, you know typical teenager stuff. It was about 2 o clock in the morning, and I was unconscious after the wreck laying on the side of the road. My girlfriend at the time faired much better than I, and just received a concussion and a gash on her head. The road we were on was dark and the houses were pretty far apart, she walked, disoriented for about a quarter mile or more, before knocking on a door, crying for help. The people called 911, and drove her back to the accident scene, I was rushed to the hospital and put on life support, these peoples actions saved my life pretty much. That is how normal people react to situations like these, guess if they were psychos like Mr.wafer, they would have shot her for having the audacity to ask a stranger for help, and we'd both be dead.
Often I wish we had the knowledge of today and were still at that time when we could trust more people.

Having been a victim of a home invasion in a country without guns but nothing luckily happened since they only came to get an antique clock and left ....I'm not sure what I would do living over here and having gone through that.

I had a car accident on a major interstate in Florida which was an one car crash at the time stating it was due to hydra plane but I always stated it was something else since the front right tire broke off completely but I hit 13 poles in the meridian when the meridian was just being build which may have saved my kids and myself but shortly thereafter, likes a few weeks later there was a recall for the same brand and model of car we had for right front wheels to break off causing accidents but I was not here that long to know what I could have done and we left it the way it was since we had good coverage and got more money back than expected but of course our premium went up...

Anyway the hero's who stopped to help us and put their life's in harms way was unbelievable and I never got to thank them since I never got their name and luckily we were not really hurt.

Having said that this is 2014 and many people have been scammed in this area for fake car accidents and it seem that Tampa Florida is one of the major scam cities for things like that so I wouldn't stop and open my door...sadly the outcome due to many crazy stories and people getting robbed.

I'm glad you were helped and your life was saved.

Old 08-20-2014, 08:46 PM

932 posts, read 899,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

Anyway the hero's who stopped to help us and put their life's in harms way was unbelievable and I never got to thank them since I never got their name and luckily we were not really hurt.

I'm glad you were helped and your life was saved.

That hero was probably the same person who had a eviction from 8 years ago that you denied

Old 08-21-2014, 10:49 AM

78,384 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Aaaaaand the jury found him guilty!

'Porch Shooter' Theodore Wafer Found Guilty of Murder - ABC News

It's almost enough to make me wonder if the suburbs are starting to develop a respect for the sanctity of human life!
1) No brainer decision for the jury.

2) The burbs are wayyyy ahead of the city in terms of respect for human life.

Old 08-23-2014, 02:15 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,758,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
1) No brainer decision for the jury.

2) The burbs are wayyyy ahead of the city in terms of respect for human life.
The suburbs of DETROIT? Have you ever been there?

Old 08-24-2014, 06:32 PM

78,384 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
The suburbs of DETROIT? Have you ever been there?
Why don't you reference support for your claim? Go ahead, I will consider it with an open mind but you just kinda threw it out there like "I hate the taste of diet pepsi."

What are we to think?

P.S. Specifically show murder rate by Detroit vs. surrounding suburbs.

Old 09-03-2014, 10:22 AM

2,185 posts, read 1,382,123 times
He was sentenced today. 17 to 32 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime