Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 07:52 AM

435 posts, read 635,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
That is absolutely disgusting. The guy should not be around... anybody.

But on a technical point, is it rape? Rape is sexual penetration with someone who does not consent. A dead body is not capable of giving or withholdng consent.

There is no federal law against necrophilia, though many states have their own statutes, most considering it a misdemeanor.

They are suing him, not prosecuting him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2014, 08:01 AM

3,644 posts, read 4,493,713 times
I don't even know what to say...this is literally one of the most disturbing htings I've ever read. Even worse than Dahmer and Bundy type stuff. That is just disgusting on so many levels. How could he have done this so many times? It makes no sense at all. Just sick. He doesn't need to continue living in our society. Our Earth is beoming ever more crowded...we do not have room for biological trash like this person. He needs to be disposed of appropriately and, as someone else said, his brain needs to be examined. So wrong. So wrong.

Now we get to pay for this creep's housing, food, cable, Internet and healthcare. Yay.

Old 08-25-2014, 10:27 PM

17,562 posts, read 15,220,914 times
While I agree that what he did was disgusting and despicable.. I'd like to hear the evidence against the county for this lawsuit.

Quote:
When Douglas’ wife came forward and tried to tell the morgue supervisor that her husband kept coming home with the smell of sex and booze on him, she received a surprising response.
“He said, ‘Whatever happens on county time and on county property is county business’,” she said.

That, in and of itself, isn't gross negligence on the part of the county. I mean, if you worked in a morgue and a wife of an employee told you that, would you immediately think the guy is having sex with corpses?

I have sympathy for the families.. But, with what that article says.. It seems they are lashing out in the only direction they can. For it to be gross negligence, I'd think there'd have to be a reason for them to think this was happening and to ignore it.

Old 08-26-2014, 07:36 AM

3,644 posts, read 4,493,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
While I agree that what he did was disgusting and despicable.. I'd like to hear the evidence against the county for this lawsuit.

That, in and of itself, isn't gross negligence on the part of the county. I mean, if you worked in a morgue and a wife of an employee told you that, would you immediately think the guy is having sex with corpses?

I have sympathy for the families.. But, with what that article says.. It seems they are lashing out in the only direction they can. For it to be gross negligence, I'd think there'd have to be a reason for them to think this was happening and to ignore it.
I wouldn't think that because it is so disgustingly bizarre and out-there. I'd probably jokingly think it to myself in my head but wouldn't think someone would actually do that - especially someone I've worked with for the past xx years. But I guess it is true what "they" say...you can't trust any damn one. I'd think the dude was lying to his wife and ****in around...and I'd wonder why she's coming to me with this concern. I agree, doesn't sound like negligence.

Old 09-02-2014, 03:30 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,119,168 times
The question that comes to my mind is: Was anybody prosecuted because of this man's actions? In 1976, when this first started, DNA was not what it is today. Perhaps an autopsy gave the false positive for rape before the woman was dead? There is a chance that somebody could have been accused or lived under a cloud because of this man's actions.

I also don't understand why any worker is allowed on a government job for years - knowing that they drink and take drugs? Isn't that asking for trouble?

Old 09-02-2014, 09:30 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,752,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
The question that comes to my mind is: Was anybody prosecuted because of this man's actions? In 1976, when this first started, DNA was not what it is today. Perhaps an autopsy gave the false positive for rape before the woman was dead? There is a chance that somebody could have been accused or lived under a cloud because of this man's actions.
That was my thought, too, but in reverse. If he raped a corpse that was later autopsied, his DNA might cover the guilt of someone who killed the person and raped her while she was alive!

Old 09-02-2014, 05:39 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,119,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
That was my thought, too, but in reverse. If he raped a corpse that was later autopsied, his DNA might cover the guilt of someone who killed the person and raped her while she was alive!
It could have been either way. There would be many variables such as the temperature the corpus was stored at and the length of time of the storage.

Regardless; it will be interesting if any of these women were supposedly victims of rape, murder, or other foul play. If that was the case; you would think they could throw the book at him for evidence tampering.

Old 09-02-2014, 11:12 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,823,041 times
Thumbs down *

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r
This is just disgusting.
Sadly nothing surprises me!!!!!

Old 09-06-2014, 10:30 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,752,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
I don't even know what to say...this is literally one of the most disturbing htings I've ever read. Even worse than Dahmer and Bundy type stuff. That is just disgusting on so many levels. How could he have done this so many times? It makes no sense at all. Just sick. He doesn't need to continue living in our society. Our Earth is beoming ever more crowded...we do not have room for biological trash like this person. He needs to be disposed of appropriately and, as someone else said, his brain needs to be examined. So wrong. So wrong.

Now we get to pay for this creep's housing, food, cable, Internet and healthcare. Yay.
This is what Bundy and Dahmer would have been if they had confined their necrophilia to people who had already died instead of finding live people and killing them. Frankly, while it's grosser than gross, I think this guy hasn't hurt nearly as many people as those two birds did.

Old 09-18-2014, 03:38 AM

927 posts, read 968,549 times
Yuck!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime