Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 01:07 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,808,660 times

Advertisements

I've been screwed over a lot just mostly in legal ways I suppose (doesn't make it hurt any less but yeah..) The major crimes were a few counts of abuse that I'm uncomfortable sharing the details of and over a year ago I was scammed out of almost 300 dollars. I am never getting over the scam..at least not while I'm unemployed. It was basically the straw that broke the camel's back. I know other people have been scammed but that doesn't make me feel any better. They usually have a job and a majority of them haven't had the life that I have had. The most messed up thing about it is I spent so many meaningless hours trying to get that money only to have it taken away in such a short time.
I guess if I ever get a job I will feel slightly better but being non neurotypical I'll most likely still have it in my mind..just not think about it as much. I don't know why I even bothered reporting it because the law has never been there for me. Most cops just don't care about me. They only care when it's too late.
The whole thing just makes me so mad and upset. The scammer can crush my spirit like that by hitting my wallet but if I tried to take back the money that was mine I would be the one in trouble. So when people tell me I didn't deserve to have this happen I don't believe them because no one is doing anything about it.
I don't know...I don't know why I even talk about it because it doesn't change the situation but I'm just so frustrated that it's going to take me so long to get back to that amount and the fact that reporting it does nothing except make me feel worse.

Last edited by Nickchick; 10-24-2015 at 01:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2015, 07:08 PM

29,508 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Knock on wood, but the only crimes I've been victim of throughout my life has been theft.

Had money stolen out of my wallet and also checks stolen out of my bunk and forged when I was in the Navy (some of the worst thiefs are in the military). I've had a wallet stolen out of my car 3 years ago when I forgot to lock the car (and forgot to take my wallet out of the glove box). Had my credit card compromised 3 times when someone tried to use my card info for online purchases.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime