Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are they gonna stay free ?
Yup, they are gone... for good. 7 16.28%
Heck No, they will be caught soon ! 36 83.72%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 09:52 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,132,701 times

Advertisements

[quote=virgode;40049283]...think Bin Laden, he didn't go far.

Prison works, Hot Ebay commodities, George Z did the same.[/

Maybe a big grizzly bear will get them then. Look at the mugshots-Their eyes are blank, no regard for human life. I hope they are not holed up with hostages in the area.

Man or beast, someone stop them sooner rather then later.

Old 06-17-2015, 07:05 AM

641 posts, read 240,702 times
[quote=D. Scott;40049562]
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
...think Bin Laden, he didn't go far.

Prison works, Hot Ebay commodities, George Z did the same.[/

Maybe a big grizzly bear will get them then. Look at the mugshots-Their eyes are blank, no regard for human life. I hope they are not holed up with hostages in the area.

No grizzlies in these woods, but a black bear or two

Old 06-17-2015, 07:52 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,647,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I think there are three, a women taken hostage. Where ever they are, they feel trapped, but near water.

I agree, Virgode. Here's my take on it -- just did a brief "meditation" to see what images I got: I may be way off but wanted to post them:

David Sweat -- He will die; will not come out of this alive. Heavy risk-taker, a leader, charismatic, but has self-doubt and a great fear of failure; that weakness will bring him down. Can transform appearance, voice, accent, very easily, rewrote his family background, gets mentally exhausted easily, may have wanted to work in medicine or science. Gas station. Does not reveal much about himself or his moods unless he wants to; something about a grandfather; mischief, funny, but he now feels sick and is afraid. Upbringing could have been pretty good if he had allowed it. He’s had lots of girlfriends, he’s the one who will “get girls” to help more than the other one. Intelligent. Is more inclined to move very slowly but steadily than Matt. Had a chance to do much more, get educated, but don’t know why he didn’t. Has a sister or more than one-2. He’s a lot more self-conscious than Matt. Can "switch" personalities because of the way he signs his name: the D “takes over” the entire a. Handwriting sample here: Read 2010 letter from escaped convict David Sweat

Richard Matt – Self-disciplined, very angry, charming, very dangerous, is highly sensitive but wants to block that with sense of being immortal, never forgets childhood home, connects to it strongly, may even think about it every day. If mentally upset, will get physically sick, lots of jobs. Bulldog, bulldozer, bull-something. Had attack dogs. May have worked in construction on bulldozer. Extremely cold; much more dangerous that Sweat. May kill Sweat. Family member may help. He’s a better listener, has better memory than Sweat. May have drawn Clark Gable or acted like him; thinks he resembles a movie star.

General impressions: Maidenhead Drive, Road, etc., or in Lawrenceville Township, New Jersey, going toward Monmouth County to the Jersey Shore to stowaway somehow (but one of them wants to go opposite direction and get lost in the Midwest; lots of arguing over where to go); near or in a school or place of education, lighthouse or tall structure like a smoke stack, up on a hill, pool table, watching movies, used a dating profile craigslist or tinder to locate single women or pick up whores and use them for a few hours to eat and drink, then tie them up or kill them, take their cars, repeat. May have done the same to gay men. Camouflaged; they blend in and have been out and about a few times. Matt says he has “rescued” someone or has told a woman he will “rescue” her. August is significant; be found then or some new lead or a death. One of them has read and studied Truman Capote’s “In Cold Blood.”

Old 06-17-2015, 11:22 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
[QUOTE/]

Maybe a big grizzly bear will get them then. Look at the mugshots-Their eyes are blank, no regard for human life.] I hope they are not holed up with hostages in the area.

You're right, the eyes don't lie.

Old 06-19-2015, 08:53 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,338,720 times
I tried to watch the special last night on the Investigate Discovery channel but fell asleep half way through. I do know this scares the crap out of me, I do not think they are anywhere near New York, They have to have more than a few helpers in this. I fear they are in the Midwest or the South,(not Florida) if not Canada. I know I am keeping my doors and windows locked!

Old 06-20-2015, 01:48 PM

Police think they were spotted a week ago on the PA border, still in NY:
'Shawshank escapees' possibly caught on CCTV near a railroad in Steuben County a week ago* | Daily Mail Online

I think three women are helping them; at least one by choice, the others may be trapped/kidnapped. Also feel like an older male, about 70, is helping them, not related to either of them. They will get a little complacent and make a mistake. I feel like they'll be apprehended/caught in either one month or at the end of June 2015.

Old 06-20-2015, 09:48 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
They most probably jumped over to Canada (Path of least resistance involves crossing 3 roads from the jail), headed to the red light district in Montreal, got help, and went somewhere far away. I'd like the quebec cops to start probing hard as well.

I hope they are caught soon, along with all other aids. Because this involved lots of external help.

Old 06-21-2015, 04:45 AM

IF the police aren't using this as a huge smokescreen (that they were spotted in Friendship, NY and are now focusing on that area), then their would-be getaway driver, Joyce Mitchell, was truthful when she said they were going somewhere about 7 hours away. That's nearly the exact driving distance from Dannemora, NY, to Friendship, NY, just north of the PA border.

That means they definitely had a plan and a network of people helping them.

They also had to have access to a lot of money to silence inmates who would have heard them working at night.

Old 06-21-2015, 06:26 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
[b]IF the police aren't using this as a huge smokescreen
IMO, smoke and mirrors. Why on earth would police reveal important information to satisfy the public. May have started with a plan, at this point, these two are winging it day to day.

EDIT: They're being given a false sense of security, a lore.

Last edited by virgode; 06-21-2015 at 06:48 AM..

Old 06-21-2015, 09:09 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
IF the police aren't using this as a huge smokescreen (that they were spotted in Friendship, NY and are now focusing on that area), then their would-be getaway driver, Joyce Mitchell, was truthful when she said they were going somewhere about 7 hours away. That's nearly the exact driving distance from Dannemora, NY, to Friendship, NY, just north of the PA border.

That means they definitely had a plan and a network of people helping them.

They also had to have access to a lot of money to silence inmates who would have heard them working at night.
It could also be possible that they are well into interior quebec in 7 hours, an area with little to no surveillance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime