Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 10:10 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,969,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspistol View Post
The go fund me deal was updated:
I want to Thank everyone for their support and prayers during our time of great sorrow. This fund was set up by a good friend of ours but the monies raised are going to be donated to "Good Shepherd Ministries" of Ft Myers, FL in honor of Teresa. This is one of her favorite non for profit charities that she works very closely with to help get people off the street and to find affordable housing. I hope this does not offend anyone. Again, thank you for your continued prayers and G-d bless you all.
Mark
I don't understand why a middle or upper class couple would need a fund in the first place, especially when her body was cremated. If a good friend of "mine" opens a fund for my murdered husband, I would make sure it gets closed instantly.

I don't buy it. Now they come up with this "excuse" that is not for them but for a church. Why didn't they say that in first place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2015, 12:49 PM

158 posts, read 200,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
I don't understand why a middle or upper class couple would need a fund in the first place, especially when her body was cremated. If a good friend of "mine" opens a fund for my murdered husband, I would make sure it gets closed instantly.

I don't buy it. Now they come up with this "excuse" that is not for them but for a church. Why didn't they say that in first place?
Agree. The Gofundme was stated as being for her family to live on. Now it's supposedly going to charity. A million dollars is not all for charity. Why was this set up the day after she was murdered if it was meant to go to charity.

Hubby and friend was very clear on where that money was going and why.

Plus they can have people donate directly to the charity. I call bs on the switching up. They just didn't want to seem greedy. Especially if it comes out that she did have a nice size policy for her kids and not hubby. Jmo

Old 07-09-2015, 01:31 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,810,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspistol View Post
The go fund me deal was updated:
I want to Thank everyone for their support and prayers during our time of great sorrow. This fund was set up by a good friend of ours but the monies raised are going to be donated to "Good Shepherd Ministries" of Ft Myers, FL in honor of Teresa. This is one of her favorite non for profit charities that she works very closely with to help get people off the street and to find affordable housing. I hope this does not offend anyone. Again, thank you for your continued prayers and G-d bless you all.
Mark
Well, I don't know to relay this properly but she was also working with transgender people and had a side for a church so I can see the freedom from religion issue here in full force.

Old 07-09-2015, 02:27 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,760,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
Lol. Good thought. She could of had a stalker who became a patient and then became inpatient because things were not moving in the direction that he hoped. So he calls doc for a house visit. Doc rebuffs him. He gets mad. And boom.

Who knows.
But I figure he's no ordinary stalker if he knows when she's going to be home but hubby and the kids are away.

Old 07-09-2015, 03:45 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,442,558 times
Sheriff made statement about this crime being the stuff of books and movies. Sounds like a lot of very odd events have combined to create this murder compared to what the police usually deal with.

Old 07-09-2015, 04:24 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post

For some reason he feels entitled requesting donations of 1 million, could be business debt and don't want to speculate. But, some negative comments left on his GoFundMe page, so he's backpedaling. Its not an excuse, an outright lie according to the previous information.

"To all who knew and loved Dr. Teresa Sievers: As my best friend and colleague, Dr. Teresa Sievers was a visionary in her field, amazing healer, loving wife and mother to two beautiful little girls as well as many others in the community. She was referred to by many as "Mother Teresa." Her life was taken yesterday, June 29, 2015, by an unknown assailant(s) in her home.Dr. Sievers was the primary family provider. I ask you and anyone you know to donate what you are able to help her family deal with the financial burdens they will be faced with, including the education of her two young daughters who are only 11 and 8.

Thank you and God Bless,

Lenka Spiska"

Last edited by virgode; 07-09-2015 at 04:36 PM..

Old 07-09-2015, 04:28 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
The request for money is a huge red flag. I get the feeling that this may have been a murder for hire situation. No evidence of that, just a feeling. It sounds like the police have some idea or clues based on things they have said. Hopefully they aren't just bluffing and the crime will be solved quickly.

Old 07-09-2015, 04:47 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The request for money is a huge red flag. I get the feeling that this may have been a murder for hire situation. No evidence of that, just a feeling. It sounds like the police have some idea or clues based on things they have said. Hopefully they aren't just bluffing and the crime will be solved quickly.
Who would open a GoFundMe account requesting that amount of money in Mark Sievers name? Pretty Bold. Is he saying this were done without his knowledge?

From what I understand, someone correct me if I'm wrong, only the person who opens the account can withdraw money.

Old 07-09-2015, 04:49 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times
Really who loves a beloved friend who was a doctor no less and goes on a website asking for money?...Something is not right...it's a different story when family of victims in the news can't afford the burial...but really strange for people on that economic level...

Old 07-09-2015, 05:15 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,647,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
she was also working with transgender people and had a side for a church so I can see the freedom from religion issue here in full force.
There's that "book" the sheriff was talking about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
She could have been taking a payout from a drug company and never writing scripts for their meds. Whatever it, was very volatile.
Another chapter of the book!

Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
Sheriff made statement about this crime being the stuff of books and movies. Sounds like a lot of very odd events have combined to create this murder compared to what the police usually deal with.
No kidding! Good grief, what a mess!

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-24-2015 at 12:27 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime