Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 06:49 PM

820 posts, read 971,538 times

Advertisements

I was sitting in my bedroom watching TV this afternoon when I heard a bunch of guys screaming and yelling outside. I heard a guy (who was a cop) yelling, "Open the door! Open the door now!". I thought it was just a bunch of people messing around and being hooligans, so I didn't look out the window. But later I happened to be by the window and saw a whole bunch of cops, some in uniform and some undercover, in front of the townhouse directly across the street from mine, and the resident of that townhouse was sitting on the curb being questioned. There were cops going in and out of the house, a man with a briefcase at the scene, and 2 detectives. I also saw a large police truck and men in blue T shirts and khaki pants as well. While some cops were inside the house, others were standing by the front steps surrounding the house. My car was parked in the spot directly in front of that house, and I eventually went out to ask what was going on, and the cop I asked wouldn't tell me and told me to go back inside my house. After about an hour and a half, the cops handcuffed the guy, put him in the car, and drove off. I am still very curious as to what this incident possibly was. I live in pretty much the safest town in my state also. Based on my details, do you think this sounds like this guy was caught dealing drugs out of his house or do you think it sounds like something else? If not a drug bust, what do you think it possibly could have been? If it helps I was watching discreetly from my window before and after I went outside. And the detectives stuck around for a few minutes after everyone else left. There was also a woman at the scene, but she was not arrested, so she was either the guy's girlfriend, friend, sister/cousin, or just a bystander. She also left after a while

Last edited by xxblue100; 07-07-2015 at 06:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2015, 09:03 PM

4,761 posts, read 14,280,752 times
The police log should be public information. May want to go to the police department ask to see it. These things are also in some newspapers.

Here is state by state info...

http://www.rcfp.org/rcfp/orders/docs/POLICE.pdf

Old 07-07-2015, 10:57 PM

8,326 posts, read 6,419,063 times
In LA a police helicopter circles endlessly while their doing what their after. The helicopter is the unoffical bird of Los Angeles.

Old 07-07-2015, 11:04 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
What does this have to do with automotive?

Whatever happened should be public record at some point and if it was exciting enough it could make the news.

Old 07-07-2015, 11:12 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,646,091 times
Sounds like drugs to me. Was the man sloppily dressed or skinny? What about the woman?

Did you see them taking things out of the house?

Was a fire truck there?

Old 07-07-2015, 11:13 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
Sounds like the guy had a warrant out on him for a serious crime he had committed.

Old 07-08-2015, 07:09 AM

There was a large police truck there but no fire truck. The guy was sloppily dressed and skinny. Didn't see things taken out of the house. The woman was heavy set and nicely dressed.

Old 07-08-2015, 01:55 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,753,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynnetman View Post
There was a large police truck there but no fire truck. The guy was sloppily dressed and skinny. Didn't see things taken out of the house. The woman was heavy set and nicely dressed.
What was going on at the place in the days or weeks before the fuzz showed up? Drug dealers have people in and out of the house constantly, almost 24 hours a day, picking things up and dropping things off. The visitors are unlikely to look like accountants or bankers. Were there foul odors drifting out the windows? In that case they could be manufacturing meth or something similar. But if none of that is going on, there could be a lot of other possibilities. They may have just been harboring a fugitive or running an Internet scam or something.

Old 07-08-2015, 07:32 PM

My mother said she saw young people going in and out of that house all the time prior to the arrest. I never saw anything though

Old 07-08-2015, 07:46 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,646,091 times
Drugs, I bet, with that kind of 24-hour traffic.

Does anyone know if people come and go more often if it's meth or crack or heroin or some other drug? Why the frequency?

Renters next door to me once got arrested, and they put the house on lockdown. They searched everywhere and took out lots of boxes. I never knew what drug it was, but the people were all twerky and skinny, with spots on their unusually pale faces. They also had LOTS of trash every trash pick-up day; it was nearly overloaded each time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime