Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 12:18 PM

42,851 posts, read 26,259,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
Great read. I seen this story on gma this morning. Btw. An insanity defense just may work. He was losing it big time. Jmo. But he still needs to be locked up for life before he kills next time. Jmo
I think he blew his chance of an insanity defense by sending all those emails to the media, he acknowledged in them that he knew what he did and he knew it was wrong. The insanity defense in California requires: "Did not understand the nature of your criminal act, OR Did not understand that what you were doing was morally wrong" He should have quit while he was ahead, I think those emails did him in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2015, 12:43 PM

158 posts, read 200,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I think he blew his chance of an insanity defense by sending all those emails to the media, he acknowledged in them that he knew what he did and he knew it was wrong. The insanity defense in California requires: "Did not understand the nature of your criminal act, OR Did not understand that what you were doing was morally wrong" He should have quit while he was ahead, I think those emails did him in.
Speaking of emails. He told the cops that the kidnapping was not a hoax. I wonder if he felt bad for her. Or if he just wanted to get pursued by the law. Lol. Who does that when the coast is clear. Jmo.

Old 07-15-2015, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
Speaking of emails. He told the cops that the kidnapping was not a hoax. I wonder if he felt bad for her. Or if he just wanted to get pursued by the law. Lol. Who does that when the coast is clear. Jmo.
yep, and that ^ is one of the reasons the cops thought it was the victim or the victim's boyfriend sending the emails I have no idea if the guy felt bad or maybe sending those emails was as exciting to him as the act itself. People like him are the scariest predators of all because they aren't committing crimes for money, or to seek revenge, they are playing out some kind of plot they dreamed up in their crazy head and no one knows what they will do next.

Old 07-15-2015, 01:01 PM

158 posts, read 200,233 times
She was holding her boyfriends hand fairly tight on the news conference. The lead detective needs to resign. They treated her story like she was a hooker. Very sad indeed.

Old 07-15-2015, 02:01 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,758,516 times
This reminds me of a couple of other cases I've read about recently, in Lee Butcher's At The Hands Of A Stranger and Johnny France's Incident at Big Sky. Just total weirdness. The perps in each case were seriously not thinking straight.

Old 07-15-2015, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
This reminds me of a couple of other cases I've read about recently, in Lee Butcher's At The Hands Of A Stranger and Johnny France's Incident at Big Sky. Just total weirdness. The perps in each case were seriously not thinking straight.
Reads like a novel doesn't it?

Old 07-15-2015, 04:38 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,678,036 times
When people hear outlandish stories, they assume it is bogus. But there are stories out there that are indeed true and make your head spin.

Old 07-18-2015, 10:12 AM

Matthew Muller gives jailhouse interview,
"Muller told Goodrich, “I want to focus on the victims…I do feel very bad for Denise and other victims out there.”
Goodrich asked Muller what he thought when police said Huskins and her boyfriend Aaron Quinn made the kidnapping story up. He put his head down and quietly said, “that should never have happened to her.”
Muller also told Goodrich that he suffers from bipolar disorder, ranging from being hyper-focused, a high achiever and extremely productive to suicidal tendencies, paranoia, and psychosis.
He said, “Bipolar disorder has many different stages and levels. I don’t want anyone to fear someone who has depression or mental illness. Mine is extreme.” Muller also told Goodrich he was relieved to be in jail and in a controlled environment. He said if he were to have a breakdown, nothing bad would happen to him or anyone else."

Suspect In Bizarre Vallejo Kidnapping Talks To KPIX 5 In Jailhouse Interview « CBS San Francisco

Old 03-17-2017, 08:20 AM

26,726 posts, read 26,798,919 times
Muller is sentenced to 40 years for this crime.

Harvard-educated former attorney sentenced to 40 years in prison for bizarre Vallejo kidnapping - LA Times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime