Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 05:45 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,647,100 times

Advertisements

Pastor Davey Blackburn shares tribute to pregnant wife Amanda who was shot dead | Daily Mail Online

I hope I'm wrong, but something feels fishy about this. Does he seem to talk a lot, or is it just me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2015, 01:06 PM

Suspect in Indiana Pastor's Wife's Murder Caught on Video, Police Say - ABC News

Looks like I'm wrong. I should learn to be more prudent before jumping to immediate conclusions.

Old 11-13-2015, 01:10 PM

432 posts, read 523,314 times
You would be right 99.9% of the time. Especially if the man involved has a good alibi.

Old 11-13-2015, 01:53 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,489,451 times
Doesn't mean he didn't hire someone.

Maybe the husband knew the neighbors would be gone so he had the guys burglarize that house to throw everyone off the track. Then they were to wait there until they saw him leave and then go kill his wife.

You never know! But it's possible.

BTW I couldn't find a video of him talking. Or are you referring to his statements in the printed story?

Old 11-13-2015, 02:35 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,552,612 times
Only a 10% chance she was killed by someone she didn't know.

Old 11-13-2015, 03:31 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,552,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
Suspect in Indiana Pastor's Wife's Murder Caught on Video, Police Say - ABC News

Looks like I'm wrong. I should learn to be more prudent before jumping to immediate conclusions.
Saw your update after posting....

How was it determined she was trying to defend the baby?

First Link:
]She was trying to defend her son from a burglar when shot, police said Her husband, Resonate Church pastor Davey Blackburn, found his wife wounded at 8.30am Tuesday after returning from the gym

Second Link:
Converse said that the Blackburns' dog greeted investigators when they arrived at the home, and the couple's young son had been in the house at the time of the incident, though he was upstairs in his crib.

Old 11-13-2015, 04:12 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,682,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Only a 10% chance she was killed by someone she didn't know.
Not in that neighborhood.

Old 11-13-2015, 04:26 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,091,366 times
Maybe it is my natural skepticism, but something seems off about this. I really cannot say what it is, but it just feels off.

Old 11-13-2015, 04:29 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,758,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
Maybe it is my natural skepticism, but something seems off about this. I really cannot say what it is, but it just feels off.
Based on the other posts in this discussion, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person who agrees with you on that.

Old 11-13-2015, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
BTW I couldn't find a video of him talking. Or are you referring to his statements in the printed story?
Sorry; yes, from the printed statement he released -- the first link, which he posted on "Facebook." Seems kind of long-winded, and phrases like "laugh together," "celebration service," "hopeful and confident," "good things will come of this" seem out of place:

Quote:
Services at the church will take place on Sunday as usual, but Davey Blackburn said that the community will gather at 5pm at Traders Point Christian Church to celebrate his wife’s life. "We are going to worship, share the gospel through sharing Amanda’s story, laugh together and cry together. Her heart would be that you invite as many people as possible to this celebration service that do not know the Lord," he wrote on Facebook.

"Davey Blackburn posted a statement on his church's website thanking everyone for the support.
The statement read: 'It's impossible to communicate all the emotions my heart has been forced to process. My wife was such a beautiful, gracious, loving woman of God.
'I have not only lost my ministry partner and support but also my very best friend. There is no way to prepare yourself for circumstances like these.
'As deeply as I am hurting I am hopeful and confident that good things will come of this. I rest in the truth of Romans 8:28 that God works all things together for the good of those who love Him and who are called according to His purpose.
'Thank you for understanding my desire to take these next few days to continue to grieve for Amanda Grace.

It doesn't say how long they were married, but it couldn't have been long; before they married, they had a "long-distance relationship" and supposedly remained celibate during that time. And they had another kid on the way.

His face gives me the creeps for some reason. Sort of reminds me of Scott Peterson.

I don't feel right about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime