Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 11:37 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,427,003 times

Advertisements

This was rerun on Dateline last night, and apparently 48 hours did a show a few months back which I missed.

Sheila claimed a psychic vision told her where her friend lay dead. I sorta was torn because I think some people do have psychic episodes, especially about people they love.

But then it was revealed that she had taken her sons to the spot before they called the police, and she failed to tell police they'd already been there. That kind of sealed this for me. Why lie about that?

Here's the 48 hours show which I'm off to watch right now. I can't find the Dateline coverage online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_DYwL9B1Yk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2016, 01:17 PM

12,999 posts, read 18,815,662 times
Psychic, no. Psycho, probably.

Old 01-24-2016, 01:28 PM

True! She's a pretty convincing liar, and good psychos are usually good liars.

BTW, I was confused. I watched the rerun on 48 Hours last night, not Dateline. I don't think Dateline has done this story.

Old 01-24-2016, 02:14 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,795,893 times
OP- Thanks for posting this. I'll watch it later tonight. My first impression was that Kelly was into something darker ( she has a dark side, I believe) and I started watching this ( the first few minutes) and this lady that's talking said the word "black". So, I will watch it later and give you my observations ( for what they are worth) I hadn't heard of this case.

By dark, I meant she had secrets ( I mean, everyone does) but this was behind closed doors kind of secrets. She had to be right and things had to be her way.

Alright, so I got to the part where the guy said everyone called Kelly- Sarg.. so I'm on it.

Old 01-24-2016, 02:58 PM

I am about 26 minutes into this and Sheila didn't kill her. I'm now to the part where her mother is on the phone with police saying she as confessed and this is complete crap. She had no reason to kill her. I do find it odd that her roommate calls the cops two hours into this.. but I am a real skeptic. Also with premonitions like this... they are so personal, a person is lead to believe they are responsible because the energy that surrounds this type of premonition is really SUPER heavy to where you can't breathe type of heavy. It's an open and shut case for the cops with absolutely no effort. Case closed and no one cares.

Kelly's ex-husband had more to lose than Sheila did. There is no physical evidence and I agree with Sheila's lawyer. It's complete bunk.

Old 01-24-2016, 03:13 PM

Also there is no way she (Sheila) could have lifted a body into the car. She doesn't have that kind of muscle mass. She's tall but thin. ( I will watch to the end, and maybe someone else will post) but there are a lot of holes here.

Old 01-24-2016, 06:40 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,634,043 times
Whew! I think Sheila is scary-crazy. And her mother made me sick, "cheering her on."

Old 01-25-2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
Also there is no way she (Sheila) could have lifted a body into the car. She doesn't have that kind of muscle mass. She's tall but thin. ( I will watch to the end, and maybe someone else will post) but there are a lot of holes here.
I'm tall and thin and could lift a body into a car. I've moved a couch from one apt to another by myself without a dolly. I've moved tons of large, awkward, heavy stuff in my lifetime. I'm not all that strong, but we single ladies discover that when there's no one to help, we can figure out how to get the job done.

Why would Sheila's mom lie about her confessing to a murder? She was panicked in the moment and was just doing the right thing, telling the 911 operator the truth without thinking ahead about what the consequences would be. Later, she back tracked because she loves her daughter and is trying to protect her. But at the time she made that 911 call, I truly believe she knew her daughter had done it.

Old 01-25-2016, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
I'm tall and thin and could lift a body into a car. I've moved a couch from one apt to another by myself without a dolly. I've moved tons of large, awkward, heavy stuff in my lifetime. I'm not all that strong, but we single ladies discover that when there's no one to help, we can figure out how to get the job done.

Why would Sheila's mom lie about her confessing to a murder? She was panicked in the moment and was just doing the right thing, telling the 911 operator the truth without thinking ahead about what the consequences would be. Later, she back tracked because she loves her daughter and is trying to protect her. But at the time she made that 911 call, I truly believe she knew her daughter had done it.
Well, hard to explain but the mother has no third eye - so to speak. She is one to act in a taught behavior before doing what she thinks is right. She had no brain action in this and just walked to the phone and started some type of repeating job that she knew nothing about. It's like, her legs went first-- her arms picked up the phone and her brain was still in the room. I'd have to listen to the 911 call again but she sounds like she's more concerned on fixing her daughter with her words, on the phone, which she couldn't do because her daughter had been hospitalized three times ( seen by professionals) so she was coming into this situation again, at her wits end.

I totally understand about the couches. I can lift a few of those too but dead weight is something else. I can also say I've had a few premonitions but never about specific location ( except once) and I couldn't see the name of the street and I surely couldn't see what was going on, I just knew it was urgent and I couldn't do anything about it. A true premonition ( I believe) requires others to help you interpret it or I can say not everything is crystal clear. In another type of ( fast) premonition- things that are seen as crystal clear, don't come with drama. One knows and it is known- end of story.

I'd have to think about it before I could go into a lot o depth or revisit what she think she saw because if she and Kelly only ( as friends) saw each other once every 4-5 years, there couldn't be this kind of connection. Not of course, unless they were lovers. ( which I don't see) I saw the autopsy blows on paper and I am under the impression that Sheila doesn't have this kind of strength.

Ill write more to this as it comes to me really, if it does. I can see where the jury would think she was acting during a black-out as well as a psychologist would come that conclusion.

It's a tough call really. Another thing is, premonitions don't last all night long. The jury could be right on this one, but I don't see the physical strength here. I can see it if were two people... honestly.

Also ( if it were me) I would discount the neighbors sighting of Sheila in the driveway that night. I think he's lying. Edit: not really lying but I don't think he saw who was in the car.

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 01-25-2016 at 12:38 PM..

Old 01-25-2016, 01:20 PM

Walmart would have the footage if Sheila was there for four hours. Wasn't discussed and this was 6 years ago ( 2010 , I think- not in a position right now to look it up)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime