Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2016, 08:52 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,484,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I was just reading in some magazine that there will be a tv program about this mystery in the fall.

Also, I think a program on Sept 12th with the brother finally opening up.

But I have no idea what channel/s these will be on and I rather doubt that any new information will be revealed. Still, if we can find out where and what channels, many of us would probably like to see this.
The one on the 12th is Dr Phil which airs on different stations and times in each market.

CBS will air a 6-parter starting Sept 18. The article says 8:30 Eastern so I guess it will be a half hour show? I dunno. I plan to watch this one. They will reconstruct the crime scene and the original "investigators" will be on with new experts to see what the evidence looks like with modern forensics.

I'm not sure if I'll watch the Dr Phil show with Burke or not. I hate the quack and can't stand watching him.

Old 08-18-2016, 12:09 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,659,091 times
I didn't even know Dr Phil was still on tv--but I'm going to look and see what time it's on. I'd like to see Burke and hear what he has to say. Also, the article said something about a lawsuit.

Marking the 12th and the 18th on my calendar, thank you.

Old 08-18-2016, 01:40 PM

24,097 posts, read 32,437,200 times
I've been following this case for 20 years. I am excited that it is about to be re-examined by the media.

As I have stated here before, I have always thought it was an "inside job" and that the "War and Peace of Ransom Notes", as it's been called, was penned by Patsy. That doesn't mean that she directly killed JonBenet, but she and her husband certainly know what happened, and are in some way, responsible.

I have several theories, and all involve the parents. Again, they may or may not have actually killed her, but they are ultimately complicit in her death.

No strange outsider broke into the Ramsey home on Christmas night, without a ransom note, and took their sweet time writing a long note, found their way around a huge house, with a Byzantine basement, with out leaving foot prints in the snow. Another thing, kidnappers generally TAKE the child.
After the ransom is payed they return the child - sometimes dead.

The Ramsey's always came across as cold and arrogant. They thought of themselves as "above the law" and thought they would be treated with kid gloves by Boulder police.

Unfortunately, they were right. The investigation was bungled from day one.
The Ramseys did their best to contaminate the crime scene with all manner of visitors, and John Ramsey took control over who was allowed to come into the house, not the police.

Standard crime scene procedure was not followed.

It is my deepest hope that the truth will come out.

They got away with murder.

Old 08-18-2016, 01:46 PM

24,097 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I didn't even know Dr Phil was still on tv--but I'm going to look and see what time it's on. I'd like to see Burke and hear what he has to say. Also, the article said something about a lawsuit.

Marking the 12th and the 18th on my calendar, thank you.
I didn't know he was still on TV either. However, I do want to hear what Burke has to say. He may tow the family line, but he could surprise us.

Marking my calendar for everything related to this tragic, but fascinating story.

Old 08-18-2016, 04:35 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,177,342 times
Sheena I think your wrong on every single thing you wrote.. Why would a parent want a daughter sexually assaulted tazered and strangled with a garrote??? That's my main question to you.

I will also be watching the shows with a totally different opinion then yours.

Old 08-18-2016, 05:36 PM

68 posts, read 105,312 times
Burke's primary motivation in granting the Dr. Phil interview appears to be damage control, to counteract the 6-hour CBS special "The Case of JonBenet Ramsey" that is set to air on September 18. The idea that he is doing this in order to "help find the real killer" is plainly absurd, since he has repeatedly refused to talk to the police every time they asked for the past several years.

Check out the CBS trailer. 3 minute trailer, and you can tell where they're going with this.

[VIDEO] JonBenet Ramsey CBS Series Trailer — Who Killed Her? | TVLine

Old 08-18-2016, 05:50 PM

68 posts, read 105,312 times
Dr. Phil said yesterday that Burke has a "unique personality".

Odd choice of words, IMO.

Old 08-18-2016, 06:17 PM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
I think your wrong on every single thing you wrote.. Why would a parent want a daughter sexually assaulted tazered and strangled with a garrote??? That's my main question to you.
Exactly.

And looking at that video clip, it doesn't appear as if the show will be anything but media hype, unfortunately. e.g. The 911 call with whoever the man is saying, "I can use voice reduction and I can recognize that voice." (Supposedly Burke's.) Right. http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/16/entert...y-cbs-trailer/

Old 08-18-2016, 06:39 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,647,422 times
Quote:
Sheena I think your wrong on every single thing you wrote.. Why would a parent want a daughter sexually assaulted tazered and strangled with a garrote??? That's my main question to you.

In my 54 years here on earth I have learned that there are many sicko parents out there...and yes some live in million dollar homes and look to the outside world as pillars of society...they get away with it because fools give them a pass...wolves in sheep's clothing...since the beginning of time...

Old 08-18-2016, 06:46 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,659,091 times
Quote:

I think the parents must have known who did it. I think they were trying to protect someone but other than that, I have no idea. I used to think they were trying to protect a close friend or family member. Or maybe they had been allowing someone to have immoral access to the child--why, I wouldn't know.

I used to think that maybe some friend or family member had hidden in their house after their Christmas party and just stayed around.

I still think they may have been trying to protect their own reputation. They must have been guilty of something--like allowing the child to hang around with the adult who murdered her or giving some evil person sexual access to her or SOMETHING that would make them look bad if it were ever discovered.

Patsy wrote the note. Weren't those close friends totally disgusted with them and didn't they break off the friendship. That tells us something--but what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime