Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 04:13 PM

2,502 posts, read 2,070,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochili View Post
You are correct nickerman.
Dana Ewell, sister Tiffany, don't remember Mom's or Dad's name.
Wonder how those boys are all doing in prison?......

BTW Happened in my home town.

Mother, Gwen, Father, Dale.

Old 05-21-2016, 10:03 PM

5,574 posts, read 6,498,880 times
[quote=nickerman;44104344]how about 'LAPD-life on the beat'? I like it but I depend on captions because I can't understand what they say unless I turn the TV way up and then the neighbors get pissed off. I still watch it anyway because its mostly a visual experience and one can gain all the true meaning without their words.[/QUO

This is one show I didn't watch. The name just didn't interest me. True crime or weekly drama show?

Old 05-21-2016, 10:13 PM

5,574 posts, read 6,498,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Many of these programs are bought and aired by different networks/channels, and become 'new' to that channel, hence the 'new' listing. A big share of the new Justice Channel programs are re-runs from the old Court TV/True TV network.
Thanks for the explanation, but I still think it is misleading. It is a letdown to see a "new" episode of a favorite show only to realize you've seen it half a dozen times already, but on a different channel. Or, for those who are new to the true crime genre, to think they are watching a recent/new crime only to find out it aired a decade ago, making the crime shown older than they are (in some cases).

Old 05-24-2016, 11:09 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
Thanks for the explanation, but I still think it is misleading. It is a letdown to see a "new" episode of a favorite show only to realize you've seen it half a dozen times already, but on a different channel. Or, for those who are new to the true crime genre, to think they are watching a recent/new crime only to find out it aired a decade ago, making the crime shown older than they are (in some cases).
I agree, it's very misleading. When Court TV did it's makeover to that ridiculous True TV format, they dumped their most recent Forensic Files episodes over on HLN. Then a bit later they 'found' 100 'new' episodes, and promoted them as sort of 'lost episodes'. They were in fact just a group of the older ones that hadn't been shown for a while. It's just a typical network shell game that's common now.

Old 05-24-2016, 05:35 PM

280 posts, read 338,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochili View Post
I know which your speaking of. Barn, husband inside, kerosene lamp or container catches fire, right.
That one is a tough one.
Yes that's the case! Not sure of the episode name or the names of the people.

If I had to hazard a guess/form a layman's opinion based on the information presented, I'd say it was deliberate to be honest rather than it being an accident. There are just too many coincidences for it to be an accident, as a detective on a TV show once said - once a coincidence, twice is not a coincidence.

Old 05-25-2016, 11:10 AM

2,502 posts, read 2,070,474 times
One more thing abt this case that i remembered...the door locked. Right? So she was frantically trying to open the door, to go back for her husband, and there wasn't a key? or she just couldn't get the door opened.

Or so she said.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:57 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,771,044 times
there is more to some of these cases that is revealed. For instance last week was a show where a married lady that worked at Walmart was the amorous focus of a young black male that also worked at Walmart. He was much younger than she was and put his arm around her once at work etc. He ended up shooting her. But then in the middle of the show it said she went with a ride with him once and he pulled a BB gun out and stuck it in her ribs. It was also revealed that she was real paranoid of him but didn't tell anyone even the closes people to her. Why wouldn't she reveal her fear of that young black. Was she having sex with him? Just more to it since some of things didn't come together right.

Old 05-25-2016, 02:59 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,303,136 times
yes, great show. the first interesting true crime series. the episodes were chilling and to the point. the cold cases are always fascinating.

now I mostly watch ID which has a handful of excellent shows. paula zahn, unusual suspects, murder book are the three closest to forensic files.

Old 05-29-2016, 05:52 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe from dayton View Post
1) It's TV

2) They also use science to show that alternate theories posed are not possible

3) It's TV

Forensic scientists don't care "who done it" and generally know very little about the cases they are working on. The detectives can collaborate with a scientist about a theory, and the crime lab can help prove or disprove the theory presented.

Exactly.

I watch this show, but the re-enactments are hard to watch--mother and two daughters tossed alive into the ocean with cement blocks around their ankles, mom and baby murdered by perv in his parents' store, elderly widows beaten to death in their own homes...

I saw one just yesterday in which a young FL woman was grabbed as she was returning to her apartment after doing laundry. She was tortured, robbed, etc. by two guys while another one watched and plugged his ears so he wouldn't have to hear her screams and pleas for the 12 minutes it took two men to strangle her. After dumping the body, they all went out for breakfast.

One died on death row of cancer, one accomplice got life in prison, and the witness-accomplice got 15 yrs, reduced to five. Two yrs after his release, he was back in prison (for a sex offense), where he died at 37.

Old 05-30-2016, 05:38 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
I've watched every episode several times, so many times in fact that I'm actually bored with it! I love the show. It has been broadcasted under a few different names; Body of Evidence being the most recent I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime