Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2016, 11:31 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,127,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
I watched up to the 4th episode of the OJ: Made in America series. I never knew the extent of the wife battering he had done. Horribly tragic. Never knew about Shapiro's loathing for 2 of the other lawyers, F Lee Bailey and J. Cochran.

A bombshell for me--one of the jurors, after being asked by the interviewer, "Was the verdict reached in response to the Rodney King" event said "Yes".He further questioned her. She said, "About 90 % of us reached the verdict (not verbatim) because of the Rodney King beating in LA. I was quite shocked and still am. 1st episode went over the background of the racial tensions in LA in earlier years, none of which I knew about, not living in the West and being too young.

Never remembered the extent that Cochran, in his summation, blamed Furhman and racial inequality for OJ's "set up." Quite interesting and after years gone by, not quite as emotional as it was in 94.
O.J is a bad guy overall who was abusive to his wife. He even made light of it in an exercise video he had done, it involved punch like motions and he said "don't get too close to the wife while doing this" and had a snide look on his face. He's an angry violent man who sadly who had a lot of influence and could have done a lot of good had he taken a different path.

Any confession would be in his old age, at the end moments of his life if hes able. Wont happen now though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2016, 02:36 PM

93 posts, read 73,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvillebuckeye View Post
Watching the OJ: Made America documentary it has become clear to me from listening to two of the jurors that they admit they didn't really care about evidence and they too were clearly focused on race and this being a way to get back at the LAPD. By the end of the trial nobody really cared if he was guilty or not. They only cared about sticking it to the LAPD.

There is a special place in hell for johnny cochrane (which he may very well be there right now for all I know)
I remember during the trial how smarmy Johnny was. Like he just thought he was so smart. I love how he would avoid answering if he thought OJ did it even after it was over. What a joke. Speaking of jokes, the older juror seemed like every tacky black joke rolled into a human being. I think how she was laughing and jiving until they brought up Vegas, then it was it all serious. I think Made In America was mostly boring imo. For anyone who followed the case, there was little to learn. I learned more about OJ and how he basically cheated the Goldmans out of their settlement. I was always curious as how he hid his money.

Old 06-19-2016, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
I watched up to the 4th episode of the OJ: Made in America series. I never knew the extent of the wife battering he had done. Horribly tragic. Never knew about Shapiro's loathing for 2 of the other lawyers, F Lee Bailey and J. Cochran.

A bombshell for me--one of the jurors, after being asked by the interviewer, "Was the verdict reached in response to the Rodney King" event said "Yes".He further questioned her. She said, "About 90 % of us reached the verdict (not verbatim) because of the Rodney King beating in LA. I was quite shocked and still am. 1st episode went over the background of the racial tensions in LA in earlier years, none of which I knew about, not living in the West and being too young.

Never remembered the extent that Cochran, in his summation, blamed Furhman and racial inequality for OJ's "set up." Quite interesting and after years gone by, not quite as emotional as it was in 94.

One thing that always got me was people knew of Furhman's racism, but they never put his partner (I think Brad Roberts was his name) on the stand instead. I know Furhman has history with the domestic violence, but I think they should have let the rest of the testimony to Roberts.

Old 06-19-2016, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
O.J is a bad guy overall who was abusive to his wife. He even made light of it in an exercise video he had done, it involved punch like motions and he said "don't get too close to the wife while doing this" and had a snide look on his face. He's an angry violent man who sadly who had a lot of influence and could have done a lot of good had he taken a different path.

Any confession would be in his old age, at the end moments of his life if hes able. Wont happen now though.
If he runs out of cash, he might. Look at the click he was with when he did his Vegas robbery. Despite his ego, he really has nothing to lose. The only good thing about this robbery, was it shows his true nature. He is very willing to kill for what he wants.

Old 06-19-2016, 02:46 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,648,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Was this interview done recently, or right after the trial? I can't remember any of the jurors talking at the time, but like you said, this happened a long time ago.
Recently. All the main players interviewed looked 20 years older than then so it had to be this year or last year. I had never seen the one juror shown anywhere before this show.

Old 06-19-2016, 02:55 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,648,992 times
I wonder if Nicole's family knew how bad the domestic violence was. There can be much denial going on w/ these matters. I know the one sister Denise was a strong advocate for her sister after she died. The younger sister I don't remember much. I remember her parents more were in the "background" than Denise, too.

Old 06-19-2016, 04:16 PM

26,720 posts, read 26,787,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
O.J is a bad guy overall who was abusive to his wife. He's an angry violent man who sadly who had a lot of influence and could have done a lot of good had he taken a different path.
Agreed.

"According to his wife and Simpson's own account, police went to their Rockingham Avenue home eight times to intervene in domestic disputes.

As Simpson stood on his front lawn that night and was told by an officer he was being arrested, he yelled back, 'The police have been out here eight times before and you're going to arrest me for this? This is a family matter. Why do you want to make a big deal of it? We can handle it.' "

Simpson Had Wife-beating History:http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1...-wife-batterer

Old 07-09-2016, 10:01 PM

431 posts, read 98,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDaisy View Post
If he runs out of cash, he might. Look at the click he was with when he did his Vegas robbery. Despite his ego, he really has nothing to lose. The only good thing about this robbery, was it shows his true nature. He is very willing to kill for what he wants.
Precisely! He has already charges with armed robbery & kidnapping, as well as other crimes. He's still in prison for 8 of 33 years. He won't have a chance of parole. He isn't eligible parole until when he dies in prison. That's for sure. Right, he won't get another chance. He will never leave from prison.

Old 07-10-2016, 12:26 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,705,870 times
the way this could have all been over is if vanatter or whichever detective got to oj first, could have gotten him to confess by lying and saying there's a videotape surveillance video that's crystal clear of him doing the crime, would oj have been smart enough to know the guy was bluffing under such heavy duress? im thinking not, he would have spilled the beans.

Old 07-10-2016, 10:56 PM

8,886 posts, read 5,366,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDaisy View Post
I learned more about OJ and how he basically cheated the Goldmans out of their settlement. I was always curious as how he hid his money.
How exactly did he cheat the Goldmans out of money? The only thing I ever heard was that he chose not to work because anything he earned would go to the settlement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime