Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 03:02 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,650,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
How exactly did he cheat the Goldmans out of money? The only thing I ever heard was that he chose not to work because anything he earned would go to the settlement.
I think he hid profits from the sale of his memorabilia and other cash transactions...not sure it was a significant dollar amount...but I don't think that was the intent of the lawsuit...more about some measure of punishment of OJ!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2016, 03:35 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,254,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
thanks for that document. My full brain is fine. Or so my doctor says!

Hasn't changed my view.

You are correct, the prosecution did not prove properly so a not guilty was rendered, which is not proof of innocence.
The prosecution proved it. The jury was tainted.

I watched as much of the trial as I could as it happened and I knew at the time that OJ didn't really identify with black people and didn't consider himself one of them. On the Made in America series when he was quoted as saying "What are all these (N-words) doing here?" when Al Cowlings drove him to his house after the slow speed Bronco chase. And he had no pictures of black people in his house and his attorneys put pictures of black people on the walls and decorated the house more as a "black person's house" than a "white person's house" before the jury visited. I just think it's interesting that black jurors were convinced to acquit him even though OJ really thought (and still thinks, I'm sure) that he was better than other black people.

Old 07-13-2016, 06:02 PM

932 posts, read 899,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
Precisely! He has already charges with armed robbery & kidnapping, as well as other crimes. He's still in prison for 8 of 33 years. He won't have a chance of parole. He isn't eligible parole until when he dies in prison. That's for sure. Right, he won't get another chance. He will never leave from prison.
Uh they already said he will be granted parole and leaving prison next year

Old 07-13-2016, 10:52 PM

44,625 posts, read 61,603,272 times
He is eligible for parole in 2017 if he's deemed a god boy and stays out of trouble. He is not guaranteed parole, just a chance to be reviewed by the parole board. Anything can happen between now and then.

Old 08-21-2016, 07:17 PM

1,177 posts, read 1,131,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvillebuckeye View Post
Watching the OJ: Made America documentary it has become clear to me from listening to two of the jurors that they admit they didn't really care about evidence and they too were clearly focused on race and this being a way to get back at the LAPD. By the end of the trial nobody really cared if he was guilty or not. They only cared about sticking it to the LAPD.

There is a special place in hell for johnny cochrane (which he may very well be there right now for all I know)
From watching Made In America and American Crime Story (I know fiction), I was very surprised there wasn't a new trial for a lot of reasons. I think if people thought he was guilty, even the white jurors, they just wanted to leave. If enough people said not guilty, the black "let's get the LAPD" jurors would have voted not guilty. I don't blame them. I would have wanted to go home, too. It took them two hours to get a verdict.

Old 08-21-2016, 07:30 PM

1,177 posts, read 1,131,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
He is eligible for parole in 2017 if he's deemed a god boy and stays out of trouble. He is not guaranteed parole, just a chance to be reviewed by the parole board. Anything can happen between now and then.
I would think they would deny him. Let's be real. He was never on trial for armed robbery (which he did). He was on trial for getting away with murder almost two decades earlier. They will deny him prole.

Old 08-22-2016, 09:38 AM

4 posts, read 2,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
Confession only after he is no longer in jail. Parole is possible in 2017.
I was wondering about this.

Think they will actually parole him?

Old 08-22-2016, 07:03 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egoista View Post
I was wondering about this.

Think they will actually parole him?
They've denied it every other time. You really don't want to go to prison in Nevada.

Old 08-22-2016, 07:04 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by key2success View Post
Uh they already said he will be granted parole and leaving prison next year
Who is "they"?

Old 09-10-2016, 12:27 AM

997 posts, read 936,910 times
I don't think anybody could say that he will be released. 'They' can say anything and 'They' often do.

There are facts and even if they were obscured during the criminal trial, he killed or didn't kill. There is only one truth.

If he did confess, that would be a non-news story. Who cares anymore? There is no mystery and there is nothing compelling about O.J.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime