Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 10:58 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,109,513 times

Advertisements

I saw a story on 60 Minutes many years ago about a 16 year old boy that killed his Father. His Father was a cop who had been horribly abusive to his family for years, The kid shot and killed him, and got a life sentence. The Judge should be the one doing time instead of the young man. I don't remember his name, but it happened in Wyoming.

Old 09-01-2016, 11:40 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,770,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
I saw a story on 60 Minutes many years ago about a 16 year old boy that killed his Father. His Father was a cop who had been horribly abusive to his family for years, The kid shot and killed him, and got a life sentence. The Judge should be the one doing time instead of the young man. I don't remember his name, but it happened in Wyoming.
It is hard to judge what happened and the reason he killed his father because it is too simplistic an evaluation of events. If one went deeper into the killing it would take a whole chapter of a book to explain what happened and then a person would never understand the deeper feelings that the people in the situation felt.

Old 09-01-2016, 01:10 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,559,745 times
Quote:
Was it Richie Gonzales? His stepfather was an IRS agent and he was a complete bully to everyone in his family.

Link: On a Windswept Wyoming Prairie An Abused Son Kills a Father to Bring Peace to a Family : People.com

Old 09-02-2016, 05:56 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,109,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Was it Richie Gonzales? His stepfather was an IRS agent and he was a complete bully to everyone in his family.

Link: On a Windswept Wyoming Prairie An Abused Son Kills a Father to Bring Peace to a Family : People.com
Correct, my mistake on the Father. This was just plain wrong.

Old 09-03-2016, 03:44 PM

427 posts, read 439,970 times
I am prepared to be pelted with eggs, but the muderer I feel the sorriest for is Andrea Yates. I believe she was psychotic at the time she murdered her children. Regaining her sanity only means she has to live with and face the horrors of her children's deaths.

Old 09-03-2016, 03:47 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,328,014 times
Victims of domestic violence somewhat.
People who kill their kids' molesters -100%.

Old 09-17-2016, 04:14 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,027,985 times
Francine Hughes.

Burn, Baby, Burn.

Old 09-18-2016, 08:12 AM

649 posts, read 569,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteyC View Post
I am prepared to be pelted with eggs, but the muderer I feel the sorriest for is Andrea Yates. I believe she was psychotic at the time she murdered her children. Regaining her sanity only means she has to live with and face the horrors of her children's deaths.
I absolutely agree with you. Andrea was an extremely sick woman and out of her mind when she killed her children. I have a book on the case and it's really disturbing that she was left alone with the kids in the first place. Rusty Yates loved his wife and children but he failed them. I don't believe that Andrea would have ever have hurt her children if she weren't mentally ill and I feel bad that she wasn't given the proper treatment for her illness. She's not an evil person but a sick person who needed help. It's such a sad case.

I'd like to add Aileen Wuornos to the list. I'm not excusing what she did but she's another woman that was mentally ill and she also had a tragic childhood. If anyone has seen the documentary Aileen you understand how awful her early life was and can see how she ended up hating men the way she did. What she did isn't right or excusable but I do feel sympathy for her.

Old 09-18-2016, 01:36 PM

339 posts, read 695,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Francine Hughes.

Yes, I agree with you. I can empathize with Francine Hughes..She also went on to get her LPN license and re-marry after all the legal issues/trial was behind her.. However, from things I've read, her life has not been easy since that incident, mainly concerning her children/ child-rearing after the trial. All the abuse that was suffered and witnessed as well as the "burning bed" and the trial has left its mark on all of them.

So sorry Francine could not get the assistance she sought from family and other agencies before the "bed burned" but I do empathize with her...I do believe she would have ended up in her grave due to the abuse if things had continued the way it was going.

Old 09-20-2016, 08:22 AM

24,093 posts, read 32,431,870 times
Quote:
YES! I felt and feel sorry for that kid also. And, unfortunately, I can't think of his name either.

Basically, I feel sorry for any kid who has put up with relentless abuse for years and then snaps and kills their abuser.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.