Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 05:17 AM

1,562 posts, read 1,490,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charisb View Post
Do you mean the bathmat? The prosecution provided pretty strong evidence that the print was Sollecito. The defense provided compelling evidence that it was Guede's.
It is pretty difficult to find non-biased sources on the internet. I think this BBC article does a reasonable job of presenting both sides of multiple arguments about the case: Amanda Knox appeal: Reviewing the murder case evidence - BBC News.
The Marasca report is, of course, a definitive source. Section 9.4 is particularly important, I think: http://www.amandaknoxcase.com/wp-con...ons-Report.pdf.
I'm talking about the bloody shoeprints that lead from Meredith's room to the front door. I think everyone agrees that these were left by Guede when he fled the house. The prints do not indicate that he stopped/turned around outside the bedroom in order to lock the door, but everyone agrees that the bedroom door was locked when police arrived. So when/how did the door get locked?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2016, 05:58 AM

1,106 posts, read 1,162,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mysterious Benefactor View Post
I'm talking about the bloody shoeprints that lead from Meredith's room to the front door. I think everyone agrees that these were left by Guede when he fled the house. The prints do not indicate that he stopped/turned around outside the bedroom in order to lock the door, but everyone agrees that the bedroom door was locked when police arrived. So when/how did the door get locked?
Ah, yes. If I recall correctly, Meredith's keys were missing, and you needed the keys to get out the front door. So it seems likely that Guede locked her room with the keys. I will say that it seems strange that he bothered with the bedroom door given the mountains of evidence he left behind; maybe he was in the habit of locking doors behind him.

Old 09-27-2016, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Ah, yes. If I recall correctly, Meredith's keys were missing, and you needed the keys to get out the front door. So it seems likely that Guede locked her room with the keys. I will say that it seems strange that he bothered with the bedroom door given the mountains of evidence he left behind; maybe he was in the habit of locking doors behind him.
Well, you'll have to pardon my skepticism, but it's just not plausible to think that he not only took the time to lock the bedroom door while fleeing a murder scene, but also apparently stopped/froze mid-stride, without moving his feet, in order to do so. If he locked the door on his way out, that's what we have to believe, isn't it?

Old 09-27-2016, 09:04 AM

3,137 posts, read 2,705,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
It's obvious that RG's whole story about knowing MK, etc. was a crock of garbage. He was just making the whole thing up to justify why he was there that night. I believe he broke into the house with the intent of robbing the home, ran into MK (who he wasn't necessarily expecting) and the crime occured.

RG had already been known to break into homes prior to the MK crime.
I also believe RG wanted to have sex with Meredith, and she probably refused him.

Old 09-27-2016, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
There's no evidence that AK and/or RS bought any bleach:

Lies & Misinformation
Sorry, but yes, Raffaele did have two bottles of bleach in his apartment that were recovered by the postal police. So that's evidence that they bought bleach. (Not just one bottle....but two).

The lies and misinformation site you posted was likely created by Amanda Knox's PR people.

This site has a lot more factual information:

Problems With The Alibi - The Murder of Meredith Kercher

Old 09-27-2016, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post
Sorry, but yes, Raffaele did have two bottles of bleach in his apartment that were recovered by the postal police. So that's evidence that they bought bleach. (Not just one bottle....but two).

The lies and misinformation site you posted was likely created by Amanda Knox's PR people.

This site has a lot more factual information:

Problems With The Alibi - The Murder of Meredith Kercher
The problem is that your source is as anti-Amanda as the other source is pro-Amanda.
Given all the ridiculous propaganda about this case that is out there, and the inadequate job done by the Italian police, investigators, and prosecution, it is difficult to get some of the real facts about this case.
I am just happy that in this instance, justice was served, and a killer is behind bars.

Old 09-27-2016, 03:12 PM

I have read 3 books about this case. They did have bleach. There is even testimony in the court records that she purchased something the morning after the crime; a shop owner recognized Amanda Knox in his store buying cleaning products, although he doesn't know specifically if it was bleach that she bought. It seems odd that she would be up early in the morning to buy cleaning products.

I also think its interesting they have no real alibi for what they did the evening of the murder. Just wildly conflicting stories and that is all.

Old 09-27-2016, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post
I have read 3 books about this case. They did have bleach. There is even testimony in the court records that she purchased something the morning after the crime; a shop owner recognized Amanda Knox in his store buying cleaning products, although he doesn't know specifically if it was bleach that she bought. It seems odd that she would be up early in the morning to buy cleaning products.

I also think its interesting they have no real alibi for what they did the evening of the murder. Just wildly conflicting stories and that is all.
There is no evidence they bought bleach that morning. I have never seen this in the court records.
Receipts for pizza were found, and there were receipts for bleach from before the crime. A police officer said Sollecito's room smelled like bleach, which is meaningless, especially since a cleaner had just come in. he also had bleach under his sink, but so do many people.
If you have an actual source that shows the receipts for bleach that morning I would love to see it. Anyone can write a book saying whatever they want.
This case has almost as much information out there as the Ramsey case.

Old 09-27-2016, 06:44 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,173,857 times
Quote:
There is no evidence they bought bleach that morning. I have never seen this in the court records. Receipts for pizza were found, and there were receipts for bleach from before the crime. A police officer said Sollecito's room smelled like bleach, which is meaningless, especially since a cleaner had just come in. he also had bleach under his sink, but so do many people.

If you have an actual source that shows the receipts for bleach that morning I would love to see it. Anyone can write a book saying whatever they want.
Agreed. The question is not whether they had bleach prior to the crime (as many people do, for cleaning) but whether or not they bought bleach the morning after the crime - and, there is no evidence that this happened.

In any case, looking forward to the Netflix doc. this Friday (9/30).

Last edited by The Big Lebowski Dude; 09-27-2016 at 07:56 PM..

Old 09-27-2016, 07:50 PM

Quote:
The problem is that your source is as anti-Amanda as the other source is pro-Amanda.
Given all the ridiculous propaganda about this case that is out there, and the inadequate job done by the Italian police, investigators, and prosecution, it is difficult to get some of the real facts about this case.
I am just happy that in this instance, justice was served, and a killer is behind bars.
Well, Guede was given only a 16-year sentence for taking Meredith's life. You and I may just have fundamentally different ideas on what "justice" means.

I'll agree though that there's a great deal of propaganda out there, from both sides, and this is probably the most partisan case I've ever seen. One website will totally convince you of her innocence and the next of her certain guilt. The choice given seems to be pretty absolute: Amanda was either complicit in killing Meredith or she's totally innocent. I fall somewhere in between. I don't necessarily think Knox helped kill Meredith, but at the very least, based on the evidence I've seen, it appears she knew a lot more than she claimed.

Somebody locked that bedroom door. We know it wasn't Guede, because his bloody shoeprints run straight from the bedroom through the front door. That raises a serious question in my mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime