Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2016, 07:30 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post

All this stuff is rehash, and the people claiming the whole argument hinges on one environmental observation are delusional while their positions are based on starting out with a theory and imagining things to fit that theory.
Yup, rehashings gonna happen though. New posters come to the thread with minimal info. I've no problem helping anyone get familiar; what I refuse to do is debate with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2016, 07:49 PM

1,087 posts, read 781,729 times
Can you imagine someone is capable of killing her own 6-year-old child in such a brutal fashion, and then calmly sitting down and wrote a ransom note trying to fool the police investigators?

Trump always said being white and being rich would make everything great again.

Old 09-27-2016, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
There was a poster here who was fairly involved with trying to solve this crime, Susan Bennett, who has her own forum and posted here under the screen name jameson last year. She posted this on one of the other Ramsey threads:
Ramseys met with jameson at her request one time. Did she see the bonus; did she ever see pay stubs? I doubt it.

She was so controversial at one point, Lin Wood stated in an interview his client would have no further contact with jameson / Susan Bennett.

Old 09-27-2016, 07:50 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,372,889 times
Quote:
Death of Innocence, Page 97 (from the previous acandyrose link):

"And after the Barnhills' dogs died, they really grew attached to Jacques. He probably spent as much time at their house as he did at ours. They had agreed to baby-sit him while we were in Charlevoix that Christmas."

Linda Wilcox Interview, Peter Boyles Radio Show

PETER BOYLES: "Jacque the dog, again, JonBenet's dog, but the dog was given to the people across the street. A lot of people have talked about where was the dog that night. The dog had been given to the neighbors because the neighbors quote, liked the dog and so the dog lived there. What can you tell us about the dog?"

LINDA WILCOX: "Well, first of all, Patsy didn't want a dog. And, she didn't want JonBenet to have a dog. This particular dog didn't get the potty training thing down very well, he tended to leave puddles. He was pretty much relegated to the wood floor at the bottom of the spiral staircase and out the side door off the patio. However, they had, John told Patsy to get JonBenet a dog. It was John's decision to get a dog and Patsy chose a Bichon. She got it from a pet store, and I came there one day, his name was Jacques, a little guy, cute little furball. Well, one day the dog went to the vet and came back. But the dog that went to the vet was smaller than the dog that left. I had said something to Patsy, the next week I walked in and I asked Patsy what happened to Jacques. She's like, "What?" And I said, this isn't Jacques. And she's like, SHHHH, don't tell anyone, no one else knows. Turns out the first dog had something wrong like some kind of liver disease or something and it was dying. It was a bad dog, so she called the pet store and made a switch before anyone knew.

The dog is secretly replaced by a look-alike dog. Weird.

Old 09-27-2016, 07:54 PM

189 posts, read 166,687 times
Quote:
There was a poster here who was fairly involved with trying to solve this crime, Susan Bennett, who has her own forum and posted here under the screen name jameson last year. She posted this on one of the other Ramsey threads:

"Not a Christmas bonus but a bonus for work done in 1995, a bonus received early in 1996 and noted on every pay stub following.

118 could have been anything, a date, a time, the killer's girlfriend's weight..... or the amount of the bonus listed on a paystub seen by the killer as he lurked in the house.

The note was written before the murder - after the killer would have no reason to write a note - - and even if he wanted to his adrenolin would have made it a far different note. Also, if he really expected to collect a ransom, or if the Ramseys were staging this - - the note would have asked for a lot more money. The family had millions."
Thanks for the reply. I have heard of Jameson, and a post by her somewhere else I think is probably where I saw it. Just to be clear, do I read it correctly that she is only stating the observation that any 1995 bonus amount (whatever it was) would have shown on all his paystubs, but that beyond that, there is no known, verified significance to the ransom amount?

It's an answer, but not an entirely satisfying one. Where did the bonus/ransom story come from? It may not be significant, but not knowing where a story like that comes from drives me nuts.

Incidently, not that it matters to anyone now, but the scenario that is currently leading me in a specific direction disagrees with her conclusion that the note had to have been written before the murder, if by murder she means the whole chain of events involving JBR on 12/25-6, but I haven't yet read exactly what scenario she supports so couldn't comment. I have to do much more research before I publicly get into detail on proposing theories and scenarios as opposed to just discussing individual pieces of evidence.

Old 09-27-2016, 08:15 PM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
Linda Wilcox Interview, Peter Boyles Radio Show
I saw that on the link. And Peter Boyles is a notorious Ramsey hater. Not sure who Linda Wilcox is, but she sounds as if she bears a grudge similar to Linda Hoffman-Pugh's against the Ramseys. Amazing how many of these people seemed to dislike the Ramseys because of their wealth.

Old 09-27-2016, 08:22 PM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meibomius View Post
I have heard of Jameson, and a post by her somewhere else I think is probably where I saw it. Just to be clear, do I read it correctly that she is only stating the observation that any 1995 bonus amount (whatever it was) would have shown on all his paystubs, but that beyond that, there is no known, verified significance to the ransom amount?
It doesn't sound as if there is.

She had a lot of information about this case on her forum, Webbsleuths, but she said that she had to take it down due to the grand jury investigation (or, virgode may know, if it was due to another legal issue). She posted some of it on this forum. She's not liked much by the RDI people, at least from what I've read when I search for info about this case.

Old 09-27-2016, 08:28 PM

189 posts, read 166,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Yup, rehashings gonna happen though. New posters come to the thread with minimal info. I've no problem helping anyone get familiar; what I refuse to do is debate with them.
I'm not looking for debates, although I did manage to get myself involved in one, which I quickly tried to end. I realize I'm new, but your reply assumed a lack of basic knowledge from what was meant to be a joke about the "no-footprints" crowd, of which there are still some around, though perhaps not many here (has BPD ever officially backed away from that position? It appears in some of the books people read). So far I have mostly asked simple, straightforward questions about subjects that get very little attention on any boards like this, so that I can continue to quietly get familiar and do my own research instead of asking a lot of basic stuff.

I did not intend to rehash or debate snow and footprints, and I'm sorry if my joke misled you. But once the subject of snow was discussed, I thought it might be worth mentioning, because I've never seen anyone else specifically address it in this way, that even if you concede snow on the ground (which is remotely possible, given the time the first exterior photos were taken, the no-footprints argument is still impossible. I haven't seen that particular counter-argument anywhere so far. If that annoys you, sorry.

I'm trying to assume nothing about you or anyone else here until I get to know them. I'd appreciate the same.

Old 09-27-2016, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meibomius View Post

I'm trying to assume nothing about you or anyone else here until I get to know them. I'd appreciate the same.

The assumptions are yours.

You're not the first poster coming on board with questions.

Old 09-27-2016, 09:03 PM

150 posts, read 180,923 times
Since Burke wasn't in bed until very late at night and possibly early morning (and in my opinion he didn't go to bed until 5 am when Patsy called the police), this supposed intruder hid out until after Burke came out from bed to play with toys and I'm extremely confused when the crime happened.

Since there wasn't any signs of a struggle in JonBenet's room, Burke didn't go to bed, when exactly did this intruder pop out from hiding? Seems highly unlikely. Then, given the Ramsey's weren't afraid at all of an intruder and in fact failed to search their entire house really tells me all I need to know. This intruder sure left little clues in so little time on Christmas night. Then, the Ramsey's crocodile tears in interviews really doesn't make sense. Patsy seemed unable to shed a tear about the whole situation. She tried to on the CNN interview but not a tear was shed.

So sad it must've been to have sociopaths as family members.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime