Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2016, 07:43 AM

26,726 posts, read 26,798,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
What difference does length of time writing the ransom letter make to the case?
Huge! They needed a lot of time to compose and write that RN, as well as come up with that ransom amount figure. And if they had already killed her, there is no way they would have rambled along for 2 1/2 pages, with silly references to movie lines and foreign factions, if she were lying DEAD in the basement.

And if the parents wrote this, they could never have been this dispassionate in a ransom note....after they had just killed their own child, accidentally or not. Neither one of these people fell into the Susan Smith or Andrea Yates category.

Quote:
Has your opinion on the 911 call changed at all since the CBS show? O' thats right you didn't watch it....just a frame up, right. Sigh....
I watched parts of that, which were so convoluted that it's not to be believed, IMO. And I listened to the "enhanced" call. I think I posted that I couldn't hear anything remotely close to what the "experts" heard.

And I still think jameson's post on the "enhanced" 911 call was very accurate. I'll have to see if I can find it on one of these threads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2016, 08:52 AM

3,529 posts, read 3,731,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
And the flashlight....I don't think that he or PR lied about it. They just didn't recognize it. I read on another forum that they couldn't identify it because they were shown a photo of it after the crime lab had processed it for fingerprints, and the chemicals used in the processing turned the aluminum surface of the light a mottled color. Also, that the anodized aluminum casing was not damaged. There is speculation that a 12 inch long object like this could not have produced the velocity needed to crush JB's skull and split it in two.
Yeah, I question this as well. The flashlight could've simply been used to navigate the basement to put the body in the wine cellar, so the motive to wipe it down would be the same. To leave the murder weapon out in the open seems odd.

It's 2016, and I'd prefer to get better science measurements on the flashlight matching up to the head wound. Get some firm to do the physics on it. I'm sure a photo of the head wound exists, so they can scan it into a computer and run a model to approximate the angle and size of the head injury. Then take the flashlight's dimensions and run the algorithm on that to see if it truly matches the size of the wound, and in relation to the velocity needed to recreate the damage caused. Or maybe that's too "CSI" or something.

Old 10-07-2016, 08:53 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,552,612 times
Quote:
He's probably on the autism spectrum. He obviously suffered a great deal emotionally, and probably psychologically, after his sister's murder.
Progress..lol. You've denied the autism spectrum in countless posts for three threads.

Burkes smearing of feces on walls and boxes of chocolates show psychological disturbances well before JonBenets death....

Old 10-07-2016, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Progress..lol. You've denied the autism spectrum in countless posts for three threads.
Sorry, virgode; I had not seen any videos of BR as an adult until the recent Dr Phil interview, which changed my mind. I also used to believe that the Ramseys killed their daughter....the evidence has led me to other conclusions.

Quote:
Burkes smearing of feces on walls and boxes of chocolates show psychological disturbances well before JonBenets death....
Now THAT I don't believe.

Didn't that story get started by Judith Phillips, the Ramsey "friend" and JB's pageant photographer? The one who sold her photographs of JB to the tabloid magazine?

Old 10-07-2016, 09:25 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,099,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
First time poster in this thread & ANY of the JonBenet threads, ever.

Please forgive if I don't have the same grasp on the investigation as the rest of you do. Honestly; I feel like the multiple conflicting details of the family are very distracting & lead ... nowhere.

"It takes one to know one."

I think thats why anything Karr said ended up being spot on. He was of the same mind of the killer.

He should have been wined & dined by the FBI for the sake of the profile insight.

I think there was a sexual motive for this. The garrot (I think) was used for erotic asphyxiation.

I don't think the train tracks would have provided any advantage to killing/sexual abuse at all.

I think she was stunned into quiet submission, sexualized & then killed with a blow to the head.

I think they wasted valuable time waiting for a "ransom call". The ransom note worked as intended; as a time buyer.

Why would you want to buy time? To get the heck out of Boulder...I wonder if anyone ever scanned through passenger lists of flights that left the state of Colorado prior to 10 am?
Quote:
Thank you! It was my first "try"!

I'm going to stand by what I said about Karr right now. Yes; he's a kook & yes he was attention -seeking.

BUT. He was given some serious thought by investigators up to a certain point because he "filled in some blanks".

I think he was "getting off" on each & every detail that was known about the sequence of events. He was capable of doing what NONE of us (I would hope) can do. All those certain spots in this story where OUR brains have to "shut the door" on the mental images because they are gross & morbid & horrific ...his brain is saying "And then ...? More! And then ...?"

He can "go" where we can't. I feel like he should have been "entertained". ESPECIALLY after he was ruled out as a suspect ...that guy was a virtual keyholder for the deranged brain of whoever did this. Personally I feel like all that crap about an accomplice was him interjecting himself "in spirit" as an observer to the crime. Wishful thinking on his part.

In one of those documentaries J. Ramsey said they may have had up to 2,000 people in & out of the house in the days prior to the murder? Thats why I said what I did about the ransom note being used to buy time. Holidays are chaotic ... anybody could have snagged a pad of paper from the house & a pen, then when the cops were busy watching & waiting for a phone call they were leaving Colorado.

Passenger lists, anyone who quit their job, moved out of a residence ... any one with that "M.O." should have been cross-referenced against the list of individuals who had entered the Ramsey home during the holidays.

I based my thought process on two significant life experiences of my own that led me away from suspecting the family.

The first was when I watched one of the documentaries in which a Boulder detective described something that P. Ramsey did when they handed her the body of JonBenet (why oh why would they do that for evidence sake?).

He said she screamed but not JUST a scream; it was more like a howl ...

I'm a mother who has had to bury a child. When I first held her lifeless body I did that too. The sound of my own shriek will haunt me until my own dying day. It is a sound like no other.

The only time I have heard it since then was while working as an RN, from mothers who had just been told "There was nothing else we could do; we are so sorry ..."

It's an almost unearthly sound. Certainly not a sound anyone could fake. It's the sound of a mother's soul being ripped apart.

That was real.

The second was the small fingernail marks on JonBenet's neck at the garrotte site. There were MANY marks on the evidence photos.

Dead people can't claw at their own necks.

I was strangled to unconsiousness once during a DV incident ... it happens fast. Not like the dramatic scenes on TV where there is alot of pleading & fighting & gasping. You just ... go out ... & it happens FAST. I remember putting my hands up over his ... & thats all.

Whoever put that around her neck used it to "toy" with her. He made it uncomfortable enough for his own pleasure of seeing her struggle & then would ease up .... & then do it again; enough times for her to have been able to claw at it with her own hands.

Thats all I have right now. I'm finding I have to take this thread in "doses". For some reason it takes alot out of me!

Wow! Take a break from this thread & it can REALLY get away from you!

Can somebody answer a question I have had?

When JR found JonBenet's body ... Was that the FIRST time the house had been searched?

Or; the first time the basement had been searched?

You see; while I have absolutely NO training in forensics (although it's been a huge interest) I have a small personal stake in seeing this crime solved:

The Ramsey house is about 5 blocks from my grandmothers house. My grandma died in 2006 but my uncle still lives there. He's lived there his entire life (is in his 60's now) & took care of my grandma until the day she died.

My uncle filed a lawsuit in 1999 against John & Patsy Ramsey AND the National Enquirer after they implicated him in the murder of JonBenet.

They "smeared" him; called him a pedophile & a drug addict.

He was very close to my grandma & it hurt her badly to see the family name used like that by the media.

I love my uncle; he is a gentle & VERY talented person. He's done some crazy things but he is not a pedophile. I would love to see this case solved; both for justice for JonBenet & to bring some peace to my uncle.

I know the NE approached him several times & literally waved stacks of $100 bills in front of his face to "shut him up". I'm not sure if he actually ever accepted a dime.

The lawsuit was eventually dismissed.

Old 10-07-2016, 09:27 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times
Quote:

He's probably on the autism spectrum. He obviously suffered a great deal emotionally, and probably psychologically, after his sister's murder.
Yes, and I AM NOT autistic! That's the whole point of my post.

If autistic people acted exactly the same as 'normal' people then they wouldn't be autistic, would they?

Old 10-07-2016, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Yes, and I AM NOT autistic! That's the whole point of my post.

If autistic people acted exactly the same as 'normal' people then they wouldn't be autistic, would they?
What does this have to do with murdering someone?

Old 10-07-2016, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Sorry, virgode. I had not seen any videos of BR as an adult until the recent Dr Phil interview, which changed my mind. I also used to believe that the Ramseys killed their daughter....the evidence has led me to other conclusions.

Now THAT I don't believe.
Someone Ramseys knew leaked out autism spectrum years ago; Ramsey camp have always denied it. I grew up with a sibling on the spectrum; know what they"re capable of doing.

You can bet the issue of scats documented in police files. Hopefully, its included in the self proclaimed 'unbiased' book ( taken from police files ), written by Paula Woodward.

Old 10-07-2016, 09:36 AM

Quote:
When JR found JonBenet's body ... Was that the FIRST time the house had been searched? Or; the first time the basement had been searched?
Officer Rick French searched the basement sometime just after 6 a.m. that morning. However, he did not open the door to the wine cellar, since he and his partner were looking for points of entry to the home.

Quote:
My uncle filed a lawsuit in 1999 against John & Patsy Ramsey AND the National Enquirer after they implicated him in the murder of JonBenet. They "smeared" him; called him a pedophile & a drug addict.
How horrible.

Old 10-07-2016, 10:08 AM

Quote:

Can somebody answer a question I have had?

When JR found JonBenet's body ... Was that the FIRST time
John Ramsey said he checked the basement before police arrived, a chair blocked the main entrance door to the train room. Didn't check wine cellar...or so he said.

Officer French checked the basement after his arrival to Ramseys home. Didn't check the wine cellar.

Fleet White ( Ramsey family friend ) check basement...including the wine cellar room, he couldn't find the light switch and didn't see her body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime