Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2016, 06:19 PM

26,712 posts, read 26,776,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Does CBS have some sound evidence that they are holding back? Maybe it's in the two lost hours that were never aired?
It sounds as if they cut it back for viewership reasons (and thus $).

"Producers and network executives subsequently came to the decision that, given the material gathered, the project would make more sense as a tighter, two-part, four-hour miniseries than as a more languid six hours spread out over three parts. The move frees up valuable real estate in the fall schedule as CBS looks to launch its new primetime season."
CBS Scales Back JonBenet Ramsey Miniseries Plans | Variety

Quote:
as usual, this doesn't make sense. Who has the upper hand here? JR for knowingly letting Burke admit to being downstairs in the night? Is that a trick of some sort? Or CBS for setting themselves up for a lawsuit?
Who knows if maybe the lawsuit is so that Wood can finally get all the evidence tried in a court of law? No more secrets. The truth would have to come out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2016, 06:37 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
I wonder if she never had patrol experience? Because by all accounts, she certainly didn't act like she had any authority.
Linda Arndt was a glorified meter maid.

Old 10-07-2016, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meibomius View Post
The evidence of the cord on one wrist indicates that if her hands were tied, the cord on both wrists would have been over her sleeves....
I still don't think her arms were tied over her head while she was alive, but ended up that way due to rigor mortis.

More from Det Arndt:

"The only police officer in the Ramsey home when the 6-year-old beauty queen’s body was found, she describes in a five-part interview with ABCNEWS’s Good Morning America the way JonBenet’s father, John Ramsey, carried his daughter’s body up the stairs from the basement where he found her.

He carried her “away and out from his body,” she says. Arndt could tell from where she was standing that JonBenet was dead.

“There was no doubt,” she says. “She had rigor mortis. Her arms were rigid right above her head with no support.”

Old 10-07-2016, 06:56 PM

189 posts, read 166,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
Well, we can definitely agree to disagree on this. Again, any criminal who commits a heinous crime like the death of a child would know that the parents/LE would do everything they could to find the culprit; especially in the case of the Ramsey's, given that this was a wealthy & influential family. So, removing any & all evidence from the crime scene would have been paramount in their mind(s). Also again, the ransom note would definitely provide at least some evidence against them. They would have been far better off getting out of the house without leaving any kind of note behind, thereby leaving no clues as to their identity. You don't agree?! Fine.
It seems to me you've missed the point, though I acknowledge the wisdom of just agreeing to disagree on it. So, I won't belabor it, except to just quickly reiterate that a person who has just committed or witnessed a brutal, violent, unexpected/unplanned act such as killing a child would likely be panicking to one extent or another, just as a parent learning their child had been kidnapped or murdered would likely be in shock, and in neither situation can that person be expected to think or act logically. Expecting logical, rational thinking in either situation is illogical and irrational, in my opinion.
Quote:
Going along with this, I also disagree that the handwriting "experts" - or rather, "so-called" handwriting experts" proved that PR didn't write the RN. Handwriting analysis isn't an exact science. Anyone looking at the handwriting in the RN & PR's handwriting can see the obvious similarities.
So, you know better than the disinterested, trained certified experts?I suspect that experts whose conclusions agree with your belief (such as Hoffman's in the Wolf case) you are willing to accept their expertise and insight, whereas those whose conclusions don't fit in with your belief, whose conclusions you easily dismiss. We are all susceptible to that, and is something we should be on the lookout for, IMO.
Quote:
Plus, as I also mentioned before, if PR didn't write the RN - why did she refuse to admit that she wrote underneath the family pictures - when it's extremely obvious that she did?! Very suspicious.
I have read that some say the writing on the photos in question is actually Burke's, not Patsy's. This is not an area I have studied, but I have seen it said.

Old 10-07-2016, 07:08 PM

Quote:
From Foreign Faction: Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet? by A. James Kolar
Just found the letter that Kolar included in his book, above, which Mary Keenan Lacy sent him when he resigned from the Boulder DA's office, and later became the chief of the Telluride Marshall's office in 2012.

"You requested in your communication of January 5th that your presentation be shared with certain entities in Law Enforcement. It will not be shared with them. We will not be part of this mockery you are trying to market. We take our jobs and our role with regard to this case seriously. When and if we have a serious suspect based upon substantial evidence, we will work closely with all appropriate agencies. This is not that time.

I am requesting that you return forthwith any and all information you obtained while under the employment of the Boulder District Attorney’s Office as it applies to the Ramsey investigation. You were not granted permission to remove any such information from this office. This includes all reports, documents, photographs, CD’s or other materials and anything prepared using such documents.

Finally, I need to remind you that as of the date of your resignation from the Boulder District Attorney’s Office, you are no longer protected by any immunity from civil litigation based on your conduct as an investigator. I recommend that you discuss your unauthorized activities with the City of Telluride’s Risk Management Office to determine what, if any, liability your current employer might have as a result of your activities.

Mary T. Lacy
District Attorney
Twentieth Judicial District

cc: Attorney General John Suthers
Deputy Attorney General Jeanne Smith"

Old 10-07-2016, 07:17 PM

189 posts, read 166,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eevee17 View Post
I'd like a site for the "invited Patsy to say good bye".
My memory was correct, it was Arndt herself.
https://youtu.be/-Aly2fPK-XE?t=8m19s
Personally, I don’t think we can trust a single thing she says, she’s both so deeply in total “cover my a**" mode and she also admits she’d made up her mind before she even started to investigate that she aleady knew exactly what had happened (heck, she’d likely pretty much made up her mind before she even arrived at the house, since Reichenbach briefed her that “something isn’t right.”) But when she admits to her own incompetence and mistakes, I'm quite willing to take her at her word. How she ever got to be a detective is beyond me.

Old 10-07-2016, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Just found the letter that Kolar included in his book, above, which Mary Keenan Lacy sent him when he resigned from the Boulder DA's office, and later became the chief of the Telluride Marshall's office in 2012.
James Kolar wasn't singled out, its police department investigative procedure. Steve Thomas and Lou Smit underwent the very same before leaving.

Old 10-07-2016, 07:20 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eevee17 View Post
I think this was it. Even on the online tv guide, it said the last part was airing the week after the part. I wonder what said. I know in the promos they CLAIMED they would name a killer. Why aren't the other being sued? I can see Lee, the Simpson DNA guy, not being charged as he didn't seem to buy the Burke theory. Spitz wasn't the only blaming Burke. I wonder why he's being sued.
“It’s the boy who did it, whether he was jealous or mentally unfit or something. I don’t know the why, I’m not a psychiatrist, but what I am sure about is what I know about him..."

JonBenet Ramsey

Spitz came right out and said this on a CBS radio program. He said Burke did it.

Later on, there are plans to sue CBS itself.

Yes, it's about money from JR's part but WHY did he let BURKE admit that part about being up during the night of the killing? huh? Was that to lure people into saying BDI so he could sue them?

And maybe you're right, CA4Now, about CBS just not wanting to use up air time on a 3 part show but that was a dumb move on their part if it's true. People were waiting with baited breath to see the last two hours. They didn't have to dumb it down.

Old 10-07-2016, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
James Kolar wasn't singled out, its police department investigative procedure. Steve Thomas and Lou Smit underwent the very same before leaving.
But at least Thomas had to own up to his falsehoods. Kolar seems to have gotten off, and people actually believe that half of what he wrote in his book was true.

I don't think Smit lied. The more I read about him, the more I think that he was honest, just naive. He suspected the Ramseys in the beginning, but said that he had to follow the evidence.

Old 10-07-2016, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
[i]

Yes, it's about money from JR's part but WHY did he let BURKE admit that part about being up during the night of the killing? huh? Was that to lure people into saying BDI so he could sue them?
Bingo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime