Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2016, 02:55 PM

26,727 posts, read 26,812,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Why does Burke need to painted as a criminal in order understand the dynamics?
What "dynamics"?

It's logical to expect that any child who has murdered would likely go on to commit other criminal acts. And he committed none....nothing even remotely close to a misdemeanor, much less a felony. Nothing that would point to him being capable of this crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2016, 03:45 PM

1,177 posts, read 1,131,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I believe it was a baby book, not a photo album that belonged to him.
Why would school play pictures be in a baby book? Aren't those usually finished by the time a child is 2?

Old 10-16-2016, 03:56 PM

^^ Our kids' baby books went up to age 14. I actually stuck things in there from their high school years, but would imagine that everyone keeps them differently.

Old 10-16-2016, 04:00 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
What "dynamics"?

It's logical to expect that any child who has murdered would likely go on to commit other criminal acts. And he committed none....nothing even remotely close to a misdemeanor, much less a felony. Nothing that would point to him being capable of this crime.
What dynamic; opposing views and theories endlessly discussed in this thread by 99% of posters.

Burke Ramsey has serious issues, some pertaining to anger and family dynamics.
Is he or will he ever be a criminal; NO.

Old 10-16-2016, 04:03 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,492,874 times
Quote:
What "dynamics"?

By the ramsey's own admission, they kept Burke very close under their protection. In fact that's what they blame his odd behavior on now -- the fact that he was never socialized after the age of 9. Keep him close under strict supervision, send him to a good shrink, and hope for the best. Anger issues are highly treatable AFAIK, and in my opinion that's what this was. This wasn't a diabolical 9 year old's murder plot IMO. He lost his temper and whacked her without meaning to do real harm.

There are plenty of kids who commit terrible crimes who never re-offend and who grow up to be nice adults. I knew one in junior high who killed his stepfather. He went to juvie till he was 18 and never had any problems after that.

Old 10-16-2016, 04:20 PM

Quote:
I disagree. I believe that he was more honest than that.

"In spite of the continuing problems with the Boulder Police department, Smit supported them publicly in July of 1998. When John Ramsey was interrogated again on the prosecution side with Michael Kane and Lou Smit present, Smit told John that he understood John’s concerns about his family being targeted. He also, however, stood up for the police department, telling John, 'I know there’s been a lot of focus on you, but I looked at every one of those reports. There’s been a lot of (police) work done in other ways. And I know from your perspective it doesn’t seem like that, but they’ve done a lot of work.'

Two months later, however, Smit resigned from the Boulder DA’s office, with a public letter saying that the case was focused in the wrong direction – on the Ramseys."
-excerpt from Woodward’s book, We Have Your Daughter
Believe what you wish.

Old 10-16-2016, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eevee17 View Post
Why would school play pictures be in a baby book? Aren't those usually finished by the time a child is 2?
Did you watch the video interrogation of Patsy and John on handwriting in the album in JB111? May also be posted in this thread.

Calling it a baby books diversion. It doesn't change what it is, or the fact parents denied recognizing handwriting.

Old 10-16-2016, 04:45 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
Originally Posted by in_newengland
I did read somewhere that Burke was being treated for rage by a psychiatrist. So if Burke whacked her and then dragged her down into the basement to have some more sick fun with her.

Do you have an explanation for why BR has never demonstrated any criminal behavior in the ensuing 20 years? One does not kill his sibling in a murderous rage when he is 9 years old and then go back into society and function like a normal individual.

As others have said, there are plenty of people who kill one person and then never do wrong again. We had a famous example of that here in Massachusetts: Lizzie Borden. "Took an axe and gave her father 40 whacks." Many years later she confessed to a few friends, who immediately distanced themselves from her. She never did anything wrong again and was interested in nature and other quiet, non aggressive pursuits.

In Burke's case, he, like Lizzie, got rid of the person who was causing the anger. Done. Also he may have gotten professional help and his parents probably kept an eye on him.

Quote:
I have wondered why there were no tear drops found on that note? Wouldn't she have been sobbing while she wrote it? If I wrote a letter under those circumstances, the words would have been blurred with tears and the paper would have been wrinkled from being wet from tear drops.

Jameson brought up that same thing a couple of times on one of the other threads

I didn't know about that, thanks. That rn should have been a mess.

Old 10-16-2016, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post

Quote:
[i]I have wondered why there were no tear drops found on that note? Wouldn't she have been sobbing while she wrote it? If I wrote a letter under those circumstances, the words would have been blurred with tears and the paper would have been wrinkled from being wet
Numerous pages are said to be missing from the ransom note pad; only one was found in their waste can. We could assume the rn was rewritten more than once?? Just throwing it out there....

Old 10-16-2016, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
there are plenty of people who kill one person and then never do wrong again. We had a famous example of that here in Massachusetts: Lizzie Borden. "Took an axe and gave her father 40 whacks."
Lizzie Borden was 32 years old when she killed her father and stepmother (and apparently had a huge motive). Not quite the same thing as a 9 year old with no history of problems with his little sister.

Quote:
In Burke's case, he, like Lizzie, got rid of the person who was causing the anger. Done.
I'd like to find something about this rage or anger that he had toward JBR. I've never read anything about this, and I've looked, since it's been brought up so much recently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime