Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2016, 07:38 AM

26,717 posts, read 26,782,723 times

Advertisements

The more I read, the more I think that the CBS accusation of Burke was for no other reason than to increase their television ratings.

"On Wednesday, January 8, 1997, in a quiet area of Boulder County, nine year old Burke Ramsey underwent a mandatory Colorado Department of Social Service Boulder Child Protection Team interview. Boulder detectives, Social services staff, attorneys for the prosecution, and Pat Burke (PR's lawyer), watched the inteview from behind a one way mirror. Patsy Ramsey was not allowed to watch the interview. The location for the interview had been chosen by BPD commander John Eller. Child psychologist, Dr. Suzanne Bernhard from Boulder, was chosen by the Boulder County Department of Social Services/Human Services. She interviewed Burke..... From the interview, included in the Human Services "Evaluation of the Child" reports: "From the interview, it is clear that Burke was not a witness to Jonbenet's death. He does not appear fearful at home. However, he seems somewhat disconnected and isolated in his family. According to Dr. Bernhard, it seems as though Burke has not begun to grieve his sister's death." "

- P. Woodward, We Have Your Daughter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2016, 07:46 AM

1,192 posts, read 2,481,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Those are random posters' interpretations of the true bill from another forum, no different than this one. We are not lawyers.

The Hollywood Reporter? Seriously? And more legal suppositions about what would happen to Burke if he had actually killed his sister? Come on.
From the article:
"The Hollywood Reporter asked Colorado attorney and legal consultant Lisa Polansky, who is featured in the show, about the legal trouble the family could be facing now if investigators reopen the case."

Like I said, I'm not saying it's true. She is supposedly an atty in Colorado, so I assume she knows more than I do. CBS evidently thought she was credible. Then again, I know you don't put much stock into the CBS docu-dramas, or whatever they were called. Maybe it will be of interest to others.

RE - the calls to the Dr.

Three calls in the span of about 30 minutes sounds like it was something pretty important. I think I would remember that.

Old 11-05-2016, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyLane2 View Post
I've read reports from the experts who report seeing healed over injuries in addition to the injuries inflicted on the day of her death. If those injuries had time to heal, they would have certainly been done days, perhaps even months, before.
More info on no prior sexual abuse found, from the A & E documentary (this has been posted before):

"From the autopsy: "The hymen itself is represented by a rim of mucosal tissue extending clockwise between the 2 and 10:00 positions."

Richard Krugman, a member of the DA's special team, openly disputed the rumor that the autopsy proved prior abuse - said not all kinds of sexual abuse left physical signs but that the concentric hymen described in the autopsy was "perfectly normal".
~~~~~~~~~~~

Quotes from A&E documentary:

Tracey to Dr. Beuf: JonBenet was brought to see you on 27 occasions. Does this number of visits strike you as excessive?

Dr. Beuf: No, I don't think it's excessive under the circumstances. I went through her chart and
summarized the types of visits she had in the office in the few years prior to her death. She was here three times for annual well-child visits, one time for stomach ache, one time for vaginitis, one time for a bruised nose from a fall at a local market, and 21 times for colds, sinusitis, ear infections, bronchitis, pneumonia, hay fever, and possible asthma. A pretty wide spectrum of generally allergy and respiratory system associated problems which are not uncommon with kids her age.

Tracey: So that number 27, one would expect that other children would have similar numbers of visits?

Dr. Beuf: Some more and in some cases less than others.

Tracey: In that kind of time frame?

Dr. Beuf: Yes.

Tracey: Did you see any signs of any kind of sexual or physical abuse of JonBenet Ramsey?

Dr. Beuf: I saw absolutely no signs of sexual abuse. I had no suspicion of it.

Man: Other media stories have suggested that vaginal inflamation released in the autopsy report suggests previous sexual abuse. This conclusion is not supported by the balance of medical opinion.

Dr. Thomas Henry: {Denver Medical Examiner} From what is noted in the autopsy report, there is no evidence of injury to the anus, there is no evidence of injury to the skin around the vagina, the labia.There is no indication of healed scars in any of those areas. There is no other indication from the autopsy report at all that there is any other previous injuries that have healed in that area.

Man: But the absence of physical evidence in itself is not conclusive. So is there any other evidence for the media's claim?"

Old 11-05-2016, 12:09 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,547,566 times
Quote:

The Hollywood Reporter? Seriously?
lol...seriously, you posted from Tamara Tattles.

Old 11-05-2016, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
lol...seriously, you posted from Tamara Tattles.
That's right; she's does great commentary on TV specials.

Old 11-05-2016, 03:12 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,547,566 times
Quote:
That's right; she's does great commentary on TV specials.
In other words Hollywood Reporter didn't say what you wanted to hear.

Old 11-05-2016, 04:21 PM

^^
Lisa Polansky, the attorney profiled in the Hollywood Reporter article, apparently practices criminal and juvenile defense; the article stated what Polansky mentioned about a child being considered under the “minimum age for criminal responsibility.”

When I see a credible source with evidence stating that Burke Ramsey committed this crime, maybe I’ll change my mind.

http://www.polanskylawfirm.com/attorney/

Old 11-05-2016, 04:28 PM

This article displays the 4-page Bode lab report for the DNA testing in 2008. Interesting. (Wish I could read a forensic case report.)
Decoding the DNA reports in the JonBenet Ramsey case | 9news.com

Old 11-05-2016, 08:03 PM

671 posts, read 1,118,201 times
Lifetime has managed to make the worst movie to date.. and I'm still going to watch the Patsy Ramsey victim or killer just because
I have pretty much changed over to the IDI side. No entry thru that window but possible that suitcase was involved.
Two questions some of you experts might answer where to look.
How much of that pineapple and milk was finished?
There was urine on the rug and her long johns; was there urine on those oversized underware?

Old 11-05-2016, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemming95 View Post
There was urine on the rug and her long johns; was there urine on those oversized underware?
Yes. There's a photo of it in the article from the Boulder Daily Camera, linked on post #2423 (and previously). Here's the image:
http://extras.mnginteractive.com/liv..._underwear.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime