Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2016, 07:58 AM

1,192 posts, read 2,482,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Is there a transcript of this interview? I can't find it anywhere, and it would be interesting to read it. .
Bad word choice on my part - I should have said from reading about BR's initial interview...

According to Kolar, there is a transcript of the recording. Interview was done by Det Fred Patterson, 1500 hours, December 26th, 1996 at the Whites' house. I have to wonder who it was that identified herself as BR's grandmother, gave the police permission for the interview, and heard the whole thing. BTW, some of BR's side of the story of what happened the night before doesn't match up with PR and JR's versions. I guess the R's weren't counting on Patterson having the forethought to get to Burke before they had time to coach him on the party line.

Quote:
That's in the transcripts. According to one of the interviews with PR, it was an accident; JBR came up behind BR, and BR didn't know she was there when he took the swing. It was a child's plastic golf club.
Just because PR said that, doesn't necessarily make it true. She also went on to say that she jumped off the porch, grabbed JBR, and "slammed ice on it."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2016, 08:26 AM

26,727 posts, read 26,806,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyLane2 View Post
According to Kolar, there is a transcript of the recording. I have to wonder who it was that identified herself as BR's grandmother, gave the police permission for the interview
Yes, it would be interesting to find out from the BPD about this fictitious grandmother. (Of course, we never will.)

Quote:
I guess the R's weren't counting on Patterson having the forethought to get to Burke before they had time to coach him on the party line.
Apparently it doesn't matter that what Patterson did was against the law.

The party line is a myth. When the FBI examined the 911 tape, they found that there was no one else on the tape.

Quote:
Just because PR said that, doesn't necessarily make it true.
But you think Kolar was telling the truth in his book?

Quote:
She also went on to say that she jumped off the porch, grabbed JBR, and "slammed ice on it."
Why wouldn't a mother put ice on her kid's injury before medical help was sought?

Old 11-11-2016, 11:04 AM

1,192 posts, read 2,482,881 times
Quote:
Yes, it would be interesting to find out from the BPD about this fictitious grandmother. (Of course, we never will.)
Whoever it was, it makes me think that the Whites heard or were told what Burke said. I wish they would just speak up.

Quote:
But you think Kolar was telling the truth in his book?
I do. I think he was just reading all the facts from actual documents, which he had a lot more access to than I do, and putting forward a theory of what he thinks happened. He, in my opinion, has no reason to lie. The Ramseys, on the other hand, had a reason to lie. They were protecting their child, Burke.

Quote:
Why wouldn't a mother put ice on her kid's injury before medical help was sought?
She would. That's just an odd choice of words. More of the overly dramatic PR, just like the ransom note.

Old 11-11-2016, 11:36 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:

The party line is a myth. When the FBI examined the 911 tape, they found that there was no one else on the tape.
Why can conversation be heard when the tapes enhanced; clearly a man, women and a child?

And 911 operator was under gag order?

Old 11-11-2016, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyLane2 View Post
Whoever it was, it makes me think that the Whites heard or were told what Burke said. I wish they would just speak up.
The grandmother stories fabricated by BPD. I think Whites remained quiet for trial that never came about, but its 20yrs. Was it Dr Phil or the CBS special they were asked to interview? Maybe they're holding out for a book deal? Now theres a book I'd like to read.

Old 11-11-2016, 12:39 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times
Quote:
It would be fairly difficult to "turn on each other" when neither did it, hmm?

Follow the evidence. There is not one piece pointing to any of the Ramseys committing this crime.
Ok

Old 11-11-2016, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Why can conversation be heard when the tapes enhanced; clearly a man, women and a child?

And 911 operator was under gag order?
Go back to JBII and III....lots of information there discrediting the 911 "enhanced tape."

Here's one from jameson on JB II:

"We already spoke on this thread about Seraph and how they were hired to write a report supporting a certain theory - a report designed to be used - - NEVER in a courtroom but in an interview (or interrogation).

I believe Aerospace Corporation in Los Angeles was hired to do the same - - this time to write a report saying Burke's voice was on the 911 tape. Thomas wrote that the 911 call had been examined by the FBI and US Secret Service. Neither of them could "lift anything from the background on the tape." THEN, amazingly enough, they contacted this firm - - and - - can you believe it -- they COULD! The wrote a report that had John in conversation with Burke. Police would leak this and help turn the public away from the Ramseys."

Old 11-11-2016, 01:19 PM

More on the "enhanced" 911 tape, from JB III:

"After the tape was released on the TODAY show, Dateline did a more in depth report, then Larry King devoted an hour to the story. An excerpt:

LARRY KING: Steve Thomas, who appeared on this show with the Ramseys accused Patsy of being the murderer. He was the one that claimed JonBenét's brother, Burke, could be heard at the end of the 911 tape.

WOOD: Absolutely, and that information was leaked out from the Boulder Police Department in September of 1998. Again, allegedly the smoking gun, the objective proof that the Ramseys were lying. Well, in fact, that conversation is not on that tape. It's been enhanced by the FBI, the Secret Service, they found nothing. I gave it to one of the rival networks, NBC News. They hired two independent experts. They tested it. There absolutely is no voice on there discernible that belongs to Burke or John or Patsy.

KING: We had Patsy being interrogated by investigators about the 911 call and whether or not she talked to anyone else at the end of the call. Let's listen to that from 1998.

(BEGIN VIDEO TAPE)

TOM HANEY: Was there any conversation immediately following your last words to the dispatcher?

P. RAMSEY: I don't remember. I was out of my mind. My child was missing. I was trying to convey that to the person on the other end of the line. OK? I don't remember. If you have it on tape and would like me to hear it, I'll listen to it and see if that jogs my memory.

HANEY: It is on tape.

P. RAMSEY: OK. All right. Well, if you've got the tape and we can play it then I'll try and help you.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

KING: And you enhanced the tape, and there was no conversation.

WOOD: The test shows that there was no conversation. And you noticed that when Patsy said, "Play the tape, I'll listen. Maybe it will jog my memory." They don't play the tape.

KING: Where did they get the idea from?"

Old 11-11-2016, 07:05 PM

Quote:
More on the "enhanced" 911 tape, from JB III:

"After the tape was released on the TODAY show, Dateline did a more in depth report, then Larry King devoted an hour to the story. An excerpt:

LARRY KING: Steve Thomas, who appeared on this show with the Ramseys accused Patsy of being the murderer. He was the one that claimed JonBenét's brother, Burke, could be heard at the end of the 911 tape.

WOOD: Absolutely, and that information was leaked out from the Boulder Police Department in September of 1998. Again, allegedly the smoking gun, the objective proof that the Ramseys were lying. Well, in fact, that conversation is not on that tape. It's been enhanced by the FBI, the Secret Service, they found nothing. I gave it to one of the rival networks, NBC News. They hired two independent experts. They tested it. There absolutely is no voice on there discernible that belongs to Burke or John or Patsy.

KING: We had Patsy being interrogated by investigators about the 911 call and whether or not she talked to anyone else at the end of the call. Let's listen to that from 1998.

(BEGIN VIDEO TAPE)

TOM HANEY: Was there any conversation immediately following your last words to the dispatcher?

P. RAMSEY: I don't remember. I was out of my mind. My child was missing. I was trying to convey that to the person on the other end of the line. OK? I don't remember. If you have it on tape and would like me to hear it, I'll listen to it and see if that jogs my memory.

HANEY: It is on tape.

P. RAMSEY: OK. All right. Well, if you've got the tape and we can play it then I'll try and help you.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

KING: And you enhanced the tape, and there was no conversation.

WOOD: The test shows that there was no conversation. And you noticed that when Patsy said, "Play the tape, I'll listen. Maybe it will jog my memory." They don't play the tape.

KING: Where did they get the idea from?"

I would expect Patsy to respond in the manner she did, Lin Wood had a copy of the tape and prepped her beforehand.

Old 11-11-2016, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Lin Wood had a copy of the tape
Maybe he heard what we did...which is nothing. See post #553. (And why did Aerospace Corporation decline to release their report on this "enhanced" tape?)

Another bungled attempt by the BPD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime