Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2016, 11:37 AM

2,648 posts, read 2,313,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRG Dallas View Post
What was it that the Whites would have likely testified to? I saw one program where someone tried to interview them on the street and my recollection was they said something like "We'd like to talk, but can't (or shouldn't). I tried to find this online and wasn't successful. It sounds like the Whites were suspicious of the Ramsey's involvement.

TIA
You're not crazy. I recall seeing the same interview and how odd I felt Whites response was and that's why I remember it.

They could have easily said 'no comment' and I wouldn't have thought anything of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2016, 12:34 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
It may not have been. From what I've read, not separating the parents was the fault of the BPD, not the DA's responsibility. Just another example of Clemente being non-factual, and if he was an example of a typical FBI profiler on this case, no wonder things became more mixed up.
Blame shifting continues. I'm assuming initial questioning?? We know LE were told to go easy on the Ramseys, coming thru chain of command, chief of police- DAs office. Going easy can be interpretated a couple ways.

The 26th LE noted Ramseys, for the most part stayed separated in different rms. If Ramseys had their way JonBenet would've been left under the Christmas tree while they headed for Atlanta. I dont recall reading much on initial questioning, with exception to Steve Thomas on JRs original statement of reading a bedtime story to JonBenet, ( later changing ) and disagreement on LEs report of Ramseys dragging their feet on formal questioning for several months ( 1997 )denied by JR & PR.

Old 12-21-2016, 06:19 PM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyLane2 View Post
- For Fleet - Do you believe the body was in the wine cellar when you first checked, but due to the lighting, you just couldn't see it? If you're certain that the body was not there when you first checked, how do you think it got there for JR's later discovery? Do you believe JR could have seen the body without turning on the light?
FW thought the body was not there when he first went into the basement around 6:15 a.m.?

Old 12-21-2016, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Something else that bothers me is something that I read about but can't remember all the details right now. Something to the effect of FW bursting in on a meeting that JR/PR/Both? were having with ??? (want to say Father Hoverstock or G. Stine) and FW telling JR that he was going to have to tell because his (FW's) family was being targeted. Is that clear as mud ?
From earlier on this thread:

Quote:
part of Det. Haney's 1998 interview w/ PR that jameson posted before:

Patsy: But then the other time that was really frightening to me is, we had come back to Colorado and John and I were in Father Rol's office, in the church, and my dad was sitting out in the little waiting area. And Father Rol and John and I were praying, and Fleet White burst into the door, burst into the office. And he is just, his eyes are just wild. ....... and he got down on his knees, and looked like -- and had a business card in his hand, and he was leaning over to my husband saying, "you know what this is, John, you know what this means, John, you know what I am going to have to do with this, John, I am going to have to handle this my way, John." I mean he was just on and on and on. And I said, "Fleet, Fleet, what is it?" And he handed me this business card and it was a business card from some journalist or something, and it had a note on the back. And it said, I don't know exactly word for word, but something to the effect of, you know, Mr. White, there has been some question as to whether it was you or John Ramsey who removed the tape from JonBenet's mouth. You know. And about the sequence of the basement discovery. Because we had been talking about this. Well, he said they are after me and my family now, John, I am going to have to handle -- and he was just like a maniac and Father Rol said to calm down and you know, he said, "I am going to handle it my way, John, my way, John and you know, Father Rol was just trying to get them to calm down. "It's okay Fleet," you know, "what do you mean by your way?" You know, calm down. You know, it will be okay."

jameson's response: "So we know this is something Patsy saw with her own two eyes. Fleet said, "they are after me and my family now, John, I am going to have to handle ..." Fleet White defended the Ramseys in those first hours, days. Then the police suggested what they HAVE TO - - that maybe the parents aren't so innocent and if they aren't, we all know who they will point to for this - - and Fleet believed them. The media was jumping on everyone - and he got caught up in this drama, scared because no one wants to be accused of this - - and he warned John he would have to do something to protect his own.

He did NOT do what Judith Phillips and Linda Hoffmann did - he did not become BORG to the bone with outrageous lies accusing the Ramseys - - at least I am unaware of any such behavior -- but he ended his support for his friends. Even last December, on the Peter Boyles show - - he and Priscilla believe the Ramseys accused them - - a lie - - but neither says they believe the parents did this crime. They just are angry they were fired as friends and do wish they knew what happened to JonBenet that night."

Old 12-22-2016, 08:59 AM

1,192 posts, read 2,481,288 times
Quote:
From earlier on this thread:
Thanks, that is the incident that I was trying to re-construct in my mind. After going back and doing some more reading, I also ran across the reference to the incident in Stine's office. I don't keep notes on all this, and sometimes things run together in my mind.

Quote:
FW thought the body was not there when he first went into the basement around 6:15 a.m.?
I'm going to need some clarification on what you're asking.

Old 12-22-2016, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Thanks, that is the incident that I was trying to re-construct in my mind. After going back and doing some more reading, I also ran across the reference to the incident in Stine's office
The stories are almost identical; simply change location, add a prayer session and person re-telling the story??

Old 12-22-2016, 02:42 PM

Quote:
I'm going to need some clarification on what you're asking.
I thought from what you posted here (below) that there was some information out there that Fleet White might have considered that JBR's body was not actually there when he first went through the basement at around 6:15 a.m.

Quote:
- For Fleet - Do you believe the body was in the wine cellar when you first checked, but due to the lighting, you just couldn't see it? If you're certain that the body was not there when you first checked, how do you think it got there for JR's later discovery? Do you believe JR could have seen the body without turning on the light?

Old 12-22-2016, 07:13 PM

“The Grand Juror Doesn’t Speak” Juror 13:

"This for me was probably the most interesting answer of the entire [brief] exchange. The way he says ‘based upon the evidence that was presented’ you get the sense that he feels he voted accordingly but perhaps not as he would have liked had there been other information given or factors met. And if that’s the case, what was missing for him?"
https://shakedowntitle.com/2016/12/1...-doesnt-speak/

Old 12-22-2016, 07:37 PM

"If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."
'Fleet White'

I'm curious where jameson's insider info comes from and its accuracy....
I'll take a guess on the Steins?

Heres a discussion taken from another site among contributors.

You're refreshing my memory now.
Jameson told me that Fleet White went into the 'body room' after the body was found and picked up the tape that was on her mouth and handed it to an officer. She also told me that Fleet White kicked a few things around in that room in anger.

I've questioned jameson's comment about JonBenét's head being propped up ever since I first heard of that. If I understood correctly, Jameson asked another poster, if they knew so much about blah blah blah, then what was her head propped on? What I question is HOW jameson would know if her head was propped on anything when John Ramsey found the body and aside from whichever of the two left the body in that room, would be the only one to know for sure, seeing as JR moved the body???

Old 12-22-2016, 07:45 PM

189 posts, read 166,687 times
Quote:
I knew I had read this somewhere. Seems Hunter did have another choice other than misleading the public into believing that the GJ didn't want to indict. To me, what Wesson says he should have done was the ethical thing to do.

JonBenet Ramsey grand jury voted to indict parents in 1999, but DA refused to prosecute - Boulder Daily Camera

"In an email, University of Colorado Law School professor Mimi Wesson, who has followed the Ramsey case over the years, wrote, "The Colorado statute governing grand jury practice says ... that '(e)very indictment shall be signed' by the foreman of the grand jury and the prosecuting attorney."

In the event that the grand jury voted to indict on charges that Hunter did not believe he could prove at trial, Wesson said it is her opinion that proper legal procedure would have been to sign the document, file it with the court and then move in open court to dismiss the charges.

"That would be the more transparent and responsible course, in my opinion," Wesson wrote."
I view Wesson's statement as an illustration that even legal scholars (just like medical examiners) can give careless armchair opinions when they are not directly involved in the case and aren't being asked to render a legal opinion they will have to stand behind in court.

I am not a lawyer, but it seems to me pretty obvious that his suggestion on being "transparent" would have infringed greatly on the presumption of innocence the Ramseys are due like any other suspects in any other crime, should this case ever come to trial. Which would make it "transparent" but not "responsible." The public does not have a legal "right to know" that trumps the presumption of innocence.

Can someone explain clearly how Hunter's decision to disclose or not disclose the GJ's vote is any sort of argument or proof for or against the Ramseys' guilt? I don't see how it really matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime