Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2018, 08:16 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,626 posts, read 17,961,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
If it were clear that PR wrote the ransom note, or that one of the parents or Burke killed JonBenet, little of the effort to look elsewhere to solve this case would have been made.
In my opinion, DNA testing thousands of men would be an outrageous expense, and wouldn't lead to solving this crime.

Considering cases where there is virtually no effort made to prosecute murder, when it's fairly easy to solve them it seems a bit crazy to break the bank on one case that probably won't solve it.

Last edited by ClaraC; 08-29-2018 at 09:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2018, 11:33 AM

26,727 posts, read 26,806,307 times
Bill James wrote the book, Popular Crime: Reflections on the Celebration of Violence.

"Let me pause here to embrace a couple of principles espoused by handwriting experts. One thing that handwriting experts say often is that when dealing with a longer document, you ignore the first paragraph or the first couple of paragraphs, and focus on the later part of the document. A person writing a ransom note will often try to disguise his handwriting, but the efforts at disguise require so much concentration and effort that, after a few lines, the disguise efforts will break down and the person’s natural handwriting (or printing) will come through. I believe this to be true, and you can see in the ransom note that the writer did this; he or she did try to disguise their handwriting in the first few lines, but gave it up after a couple of paragraphs."

https://www.billjamesonline.com/the_...uthorId=3&pg=5

Old 10-12-2018, 04:13 PM

513 posts, read 470,435 times
JonBenet Ramsey Case Encyclopedia / FrontPage

I remembering reading the night the Ramsey's had a big gathering in their home inviting all and anyone in town to entered. There was a 911 call from the Ramsey's house and never explained. It could have been a person that killed jonbonet that made a call in practice. And the night she was murdered, the night the Ramsey's were away the person went into their home looking at all their documents and in the copying of a note found on the stairs.

Old 10-12-2018, 07:26 PM

Properly the man of the male touch DNA found on her body is dead by now and could never be found

Old 10-12-2018, 08:52 PM

12-23 | Ramsey Christmas Party. The Ramseys hosted a Christmas party, with approximately 30 guests attending, and with former journalism professor Bill McReynolds playing Santa Claus (timeline). Internet poster Margoo has provided a guest list. No photo appears to be available.
12-23 | Mistaken 911 Call. At 6:47 p.m., someone attending the party placed a 911 call, which was answered by police dispatcher Therese Hilleary. The caller hung up without saying anything. Police call back only to get the Ramsey's anwering machine. Officer "B.O. 266" goes to the home at 6:54 p.m. and leaves at 7:09 p.m., after being assured that there was no emergency (timeline). The Daily Times-Call places the call at 6:48, but corroborates most other details above.
12-24 | Article appeared in the Boulder Daily Camera regarding the Ramsey Christmas party
http://jonbenetramsey.pbworks.com/w/...e#December2024

Old 10-13-2018, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by docyabut View Post
I remembering reading the night the Ramsey's had a big gathering in their home inviting all and anyone in town to entered. There was a 911 call from the Ramsey's house and never explained.
It was Fleet White who made the call from the party on Dec 23, apparently erroneously. He was trying to get medication for his ill mother, who was in Aspen, and he claimed that he dialed the wrong number in attempts to reach her doctor. He hung up before the call went through, but the Boulder Police came to the Ramseys front door to inquire.

Old 12-26-2018, 05:18 PM

It's now been 22 years since this child was murdered. I hope that this crime is solved sometime soon.

Old 12-26-2018, 06:22 PM

2,955 posts, read 1,412,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
It's now been 22 years since this child was murdered. I hope that this crime is solved sometime soon.
Don't hold your breath!

Old 12-26-2018, 06:54 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,626 posts, read 17,961,729 times
I honestly (honestly) don't get it why people don't think this is solved.

Burke Ramsey almost killed her, by striking a blow to her head, and her parents thought she was dead, and staged the sex crime scene when they actually DID kill her, and Patsy Ramsey wrote that bizarre ransom note, in her obvious handwriting that matched the ransom note. To protect their only remaining child Burke.

Done. And done. Answers ALL the questions, fills in ALL the blanks.

Old 12-26-2018, 07:40 PM

680 posts, read 534,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I honestly (honestly) don't get it why people don't think this is solved.

Burke Ramsey almost killed her, by striking a blow to her head, and her parents thought she was dead, and staged the sex crime scene when they actually DID kill her, and Patsy Ramsey wrote that bizarre ransom note, in her obvious handwriting that matched the ransom note. To protect their only remaining child Burke.

Done. And done. Answers ALL the questions, fills in ALL the blanks.
We don't know all the details, but it was probably fairly close to what you mentioned. They panicked and saw two options. Cover it up and make it look like someone from the outside did it. OR, call 911 and face heat for abuse/admit their own son severely injured her. This case was mishandled SO BADLY. The parents were given special treatment. Crime scene was trampled on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime