Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2016, 01:32 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
She can't provide enough of a description to produce a composite sketch of the kidnappers.

Cops fear Sherri Papini's abductors planted her iphone in woods to throw them off scent

Cops comparing her case to sex trafficking cases for clues

Was Sherri Papini kidnapping linked to sex trafficking? Officials probe motive - TODAY.com

I can understand if she never saw their faces, but it seems odd to me that she couldn't provide some height/weight description.

Old 12-01-2016, 01:41 PM

162 posts, read 212,959 times
[quote=Matadora;46368774]Apparently you don't fully understand HIPAA Laws. These Laws also state that no identifying information can be released about any patient that can identify them and their condition. Any photos of her now would indicate who she is and what her condition is.

Next it's her prerogative and rights to not have photos of her trauma released. You need to apply common sense when evaluating this case.[/quote]

While I understand you truly have a stance on true vs hoax about this "alleged" kidnapping , but nothing about his case makes sense. It has so many twists and turns that no matter the outcome will go down as being a very interesting case.

Old 12-01-2016, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
What I keep thinking about is I read that when the searched for her after the "kidnapping" they found her ipod and cell phone on the trail. I can understand the ipod but the cell? Just seems a little staged to me because it would be impossible to track her using find my phone and she wouldn't be able to secretly contact 911. What they do with that gofundme money will be very telling on what's going on here. Right now I'm skeptical...

You bring up a valid point. The cell phone thing seems odd to me too. Say this is the real deal and truly happened, why would the perpetrators leave the cell phone on the side of the road? Wouldn't they have noticed she had ear buds in, and that the phone fell to the ground?

Old 12-01-2016, 01:58 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I can understand if she never saw their faces, but it seems odd to me that she couldn't provide some height/weight description.
How do you know she didn't provide this info? The police are not releasing much info for a reason.

Old 12-01-2016, 02:03 PM

It might be because usually by now they would have released sketches of the Hispanic women. The only thing we have to go by is one had curly hair with thick brows, the other straight black hair with skinny brows and they spoke Spanish? Usually they would at least have a composite sketch out, maybe that is why people are skeptical?

Old 12-01-2016, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chili View Post
You bring up a valid point. The cell phone thing seems odd to me too. Say this is the real deal and truly happened, why would the perpetrators leave the cell phone on the side of the road? Wouldn't they have noticed she had ear buds in, and that the phone fell to the ground?
Where do people keep finding things that were never said? They only found her IPhone and earplugs about a mile from her home. Cops wonder if Sherri Papini’s abductors PLANTED her iPhone in woods to throw them off scent before torturing her for three weeks.

Sherri Papini

It's amazing how people in these post pay very little attention to the actual information being released. I sure hope these folks never serve on a jury...such an injustice to the system.

Old 12-01-2016, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Where do people keep finding things that were never said? They only found her IPhone and earplugs about a mile from her home. Cops wonder if Sherri Papini’s abductors PLANTED her iPhone in woods to throw them off scent before torturing her for three weeks.

Sherri Papini

It's amazing how people in these post pay very little attention to the actual information being released. I sure hope these folks never serve on a jury...such an injustice to the system.

I was referring to the phone her husband "pinged" to find.

While I can understand your passion for this case, there is no need to get nasty with people posting their suspicions and or thoughts about this case. This is an open internet forum where we can come and post our thoughts or ask questions.

Old 12-01-2016, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Apparently you don't fully understand HIPAA Laws. These Laws also state that no identifying information can be released about any patient that can identify them and their condition. Any photos of her now would indicate who she is and what her condition is.

Next it's her prerogative and rights to not have photos of her trauma released. You need to apply common sense when evaluating this case.
Quote:
While I understand you truly have a stance on true vs hoax about this "alleged" kidnapping , but nothing about his case makes sense. It has so many twists and turns that no matter the outcome will go down as being a very interesting case.
Yes I am not a speculating human. Many of the folks posting on here are doing nothing but speculating and a few are completely misrepresenting the actual released information.

I know Murica is on the down-slide, but seeing all of these speculating and flat out inaccurate posts shines the light on how serious our down-slide is.

Come on folks pay attention.

I don't find anything remotely suggesting that this case does not make sense.

Old 12-01-2016, 02:11 PM

Quote:
I was referring to the phone her husband "pinged" to find.
What's so odd about that? Have you never heard of this app? I suggest you get it...it works great. Iv'e been able to locate where my lost phone was using this app. The apps been around for a long time.
Quote:
While I can understand your passion for this case, there is no need to get nasty with people posting their suspicions and or thoughts about this case. This is an open internet forum where we can come and post our thoughts or ask questions.
Nasty? No I am not getting nasty by any means. I am posting clear observations. Would you like your fate being put in the hands of people who don't pay attention to the facts presented at a trial? Who instead go for their good ole speculation logic to determine your guilt or innocence?

It's pretty bad when people sit around speculating in a manner as to try to marginalize the victim in this case. I find those are the ones being "nasty".

Old 12-01-2016, 02:13 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graywhiskers View Post
Missing northern California mother Sherri Papini found safe - CNN.com

"Authorities are now looking for two women in a dark SUV in connection with the case, the sheriff added. They reportedly are armed. There is no known motive in the case, authorities said Thursday."

I don't think human trafficking is likely, usually children/teenagers would be abducted, not a 34 year old woman.

This is a very strange case, with no known motive. Why would two women do the abduction? Usually men would do a kidnapping.

Maybe we will find out more today.
Maybe they didn't do the kidnapping, just the releasing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime