Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 06:06 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
It wasn't just "WHY?" it was "why ME???" And she repeated it OVER and over, and over again.
Untrue. More media spin, apparently.

"Despite the large quote on the (Newsweek) cover, Kerrigan did not actually say the self-pitying “why me?” after the attack but rather a much more understandable “why?”

https://beautyandrace2017.wordpress....ite-innocence/

Old 02-21-2018, 06:30 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,234,676 times
Beg to disagree. I watched the whole thing. She was not only crying in pain, which is understandable, she was saying "Why meee?" in an extremely annoying manner. As though nothing bad had ever happened in her charmed life.

Anyone else?

Old 02-21-2018, 06:34 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmatico View Post
At what point in the footage did she say "why me"? Was it before or after the portion that was widely shown in the media? And do you by chance have a source for it?

Lol that's ONE piece of footage. She was whining for far more than 30 seconds. I heard it, so did others, and it was widely reported (and ridiculed) at the time.

As I've already said, it didn't take long for the media to go into protection mode. I don't need a source; I heard it. Don't blame me if it's as hard to find as pics of Gwyneth Paltrow's crooked, yellow teeth.

Old 02-21-2018, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Untrue. More media spin, apparently.

"Despite the large quote on the (Newsweek) cover, Kerrigan did not actually say the self-pitying “why me?” after the attack but rather a much more understandable “why?”

https://beautyandrace2017.wordpress....ite-innocence/
Again, the only spin was the media's--THEY heard it, too, and that's why they reported it.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:01 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Again, the only spin was the media's--THEY heard it, too, and that's why they reported it.
Well, there you go: the media heard it, so it must be true.

Even Newsweek admitted the misquote later.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Well, there you go: the media heard it, so it must be true.

Even Newsweek admitted the misquote later.

Hey, I believe my ears. I heard what THEY heard. Before the sanitation crew arrived.

But we're to believe that everyone who initially heard it...misheard it. Well...not everyone. Too bad you missed it.

Give me a very large break.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Beg to disagree. I watched the whole thing. She was not only crying in pain, which is understandable, she was saying "Why meee?" in an extremely annoying manner. As though nothing bad had ever happened in her charmed life.

Anyone else?

Exactly.

Old 02-21-2018, 10:34 PM

109 posts, read 66,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Lol that's ONE piece of footage. She was whining for far more than 30 seconds. I heard it, so did others, and it was widely reported (and ridiculed) at the time.

As I've already said, it didn't take long for the media to go into protection mode. I don't need a source; I heard it. Don't blame me if it's as hard to find as pics of Gwyneth Paltrow's crooked, yellow teeth.
No one's blaming you for anything, Delahanty. Just relax for a moment. Understand that I'm not trying to challenge you, or calling you a liar. I'm just trying to ascertain the facts. The only clip I'm familiar with is the widely seen video where Kerrigan is clearly heard wailing "whyyy", and "whyyyee". I don't hear her saying "why me". My question is this: Is there additional footage, either before or after this clip, where Kerrigan clearly says "why me" or are we just interpreting this clip differently?

Old 02-22-2018, 06:48 AM

716 posts, read 557,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmatico View Post
No one's blaming you for anything, Delahanty. Just relax for a moment. Understand that I'm not trying to challenge you, or calling you a liar. I'm just trying to ascertain the facts. The only clip I'm familiar with is the widely seen video where Kerrigan is clearly heard wailing "whyyy", and "whyyyee". I don't hear her saying "why me". My question is this: Is there additional footage, either before or after this clip, where Kerrigan clearly says "why me" or are we just interpreting this clip differently?
I remember the story perfectly, and all I ever heard Nancy cry out was "Why? Why?"

Old 02-22-2018, 01:29 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Quote:

Anyone else?
No. Once again "charmed life" was a media invention. Nancy Kerrigan came from a middle class family who struggled to pay her skating tuition. When she was older her brother was charged with manslaughter as a result of the death of their father. There were obviously family problems going on for a while. She did not have a charmed life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime