Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2018, 04:26 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times

Advertisements

He wasn't convicted of rape, he was convicted of sexual assault.

No one really knows how they ended up outside on the ground together because there wasn't any witness testimony from people at the party who saw the two together.

Old 01-08-2018, 04:34 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,368,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmatico View Post
That's exactly right. And she might have had to explain precisely what her intentions may have been, showing up to a frat party, four shots deep, in a skin-tight dress. Reading her VIS, the "victim" would have us believe she was the far-too mature, grown-up sibling only going to the party "dressed like a librarian" in order to chaperone her little sister. The fact is, this "victim" was but 22 years old and barely out of college herself, dressed provocatively, not simply in a "beige cardigan". Those attending the party were not kids to her; they were her peers.

Excellent comments and insight from PTC, gg, Prezz, et al. This was a drunk frat-party hookup; two young people making poor decisions as a result of drinking too much. Emily Doe gets to be a Glamour magazine Woman Of the Year while Brock is labeled a sexual offender for life.
No matter how she was dressed, she still gets to decide exactly when and who and what she does. Only entitled males (aka would-be or actual rapists) believe they can pick any female they want and do whatever they want with them.

Old 01-08-2018, 05:06 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Turner obviously has a problem with alcohol.
They both have alcohol problems.
Previous black outs are by her admission. Looks like he still had a probation officer from an underage alcohol possession in 2014.
https://www.stanforddaily.com/2016/0...ol-counseling/

Old 01-08-2018, 05:08 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,544,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
So from another perspective, how would this night have ended if she were slightly less drunk? My guess is, she would have been able to make it back to her place with him and have sex. But she was so drunk that she didn't make it far before passing out.
And he'd likely be serving hard time right now for rape, given her proclivity to evade responsibility.

Quote:
It's not like he picked her up unconscious, removed her from the party and took her behind the dumpster.
This part goes largely ignored. I really don't understand why.

Quote:
The charge of rape should mean something, because it's a horrific act. I'm not sure this one meets that criteria.
The #metoo movement has made a mockery of real victim experiences and trauma. It's infuriating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
No one really knows how they ended up outside on the ground together because there wasn't any witness testimony from people at the party who saw the two together.
It boils down to that. I hate to say it, but women are going to have to go without that knowledge in these cases. Needing an answer to what happened doesn't mean you get to make one up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
No matter how she was dressed, she still gets to decide exactly when and who and what she does. Only entitled males (aka would-be or actual rapists) believe they can pick any female they want and do whatever they want with them.
This isn't news.

Old 01-08-2018, 05:14 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,627 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
I don't know or care how she was dressed. The stories I've read state she invited him back to her place for sex, and somehow didn't make it all the way there.

I don't know if she passed out before they started having a sexual encounter or during, and he didn't notice.

Old 01-08-2018, 05:15 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,627 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
He wasn't convicted of rape, he was convicted of sexual assault.

You're right. And she doesn't remember, and his account can't be believed necessarily.

Old 01-08-2018, 05:43 PM

Quote:
I don't know or care how she was dressed. The stories I've read state she invited him back to her place for sex, and somehow didn't make it all the way there.

I don't know if she passed out before they started having a sexual encounter or during, and he didn't notice.
He stated he invited her back to his place and they were headed that way, but she fell, and the rest is history.

Old 01-08-2018, 05:46 PM

Quote:
You're right. And she doesn't remember, and his account can't be believed necessarily.
But we are to "believe women".

Old 01-08-2018, 06:31 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:

The stories that you read are Brock Turner's account of things and his version only. Also, she didn't invite him back to her place, he said that they were going to his place.

It's so strange to me that there haven't been any witnesses who saw the together at the party, or leaving the party together. It really leaves a big black hole as to when they met, where they met, what state they were in when they met, etc.

Old 01-08-2018, 06:40 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,439,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
He didn't say she went alone. He didn't say there was only one person involved in this. If you are going to engage folks in discussion, don't lie about what is being said.

And she DID make the decision to go with him. Had she not agreed to go, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
Actually, we don't really know how they both ended up together outside.

We have his story which may or may not be true.

But, she could have gone out there alone.......maybe to urinate again or maybe she was feeling sick, maybe she decided to go looking for her sister, maybe she just went out to get air. Maybe he followed her and then what who knows.

The facts are that we simply don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime