Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2018, 05:34 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,250,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Is there any way she would get out on parole in six years?

Contrary to what she says, I do think she killed her children at least partly due to the failed relationship she had. Perhaps it was out of grief and frustration, as she probably realized there was no way to salvage anything with Tom.
Looks like she’s eligible for parole at 30 years. So 2025 ish? She lost weight in prison so her face thinned out. And with so many women around I can see prison guards having a lapse of judgement and popping a female inmate.

I don’t care what relationship she had, there was absolutely no reason to kill those beatutiful little kids. Hell give them up for adoption or give them to the husband and walk away. But murdering them because of a failed or unsuccessful marriage? No no way.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:31 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,455,948 times
Quote:
Many people have survived childhood molestation without becoming killers. I think there were multiple factors, and the break-up with Tom Findlay probably triggered it. A few weeks or days before, he'd sent her a letter explaining he could never marry a woman with kids, and that he didn't want kids at all. That probably shook her up. Her mental health issues caused her to go haywire. It's a shame nobody ever reached out to give any support. Although no, I'm not excusing what she did.
Agree with this...the break-up was the trigger.

I posted a similar story in current events, the mother had mental health issues. She left a letter saying she couldn't handle the break-up; shot her 9yr old daughter 3 times and then herself before the holidays.

What I don't fully understand is reason for killing the children, very selfish imo.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:41 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,541,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Agree with this...the break-up was the trigger.

I posted a similar story in current events, the mother had mental health issues. She left a letter saying she couldn't handle the break-up; shot her 9yr old daughter 3 times and then herself before the holidays.

What I don't fully understand is reason for killing the children, very selfish imo.
I would guess the mother thinks her daughter is better off dead rather than being without a mother. Of course this is illogical thinking but so is the person doing the killing.

Old 01-10-2018, 10:00 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,455,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
I would guess the mother thinks her daughter is better off dead rather than being without a mother. Of course this is illogical thinking but so is the person doing the killing.
Good point.

Old 01-10-2018, 12:20 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,727,258 times
I really don't have a lot of pity for the scumbag killer.....really not a bit.

Old 01-10-2018, 05:55 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,689,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
I really don't have a lot of pity for the scumbag killer.....really not a bit.

Why would you? Killing such small children -- or anyone else for that matter! -- just to draw attn. to her own emotional plight while hoping she can blame a nonexistent black man and thereby keep herself out of legal trouble? No, she deserves prison, not pity. Prison or worse.

Old 01-10-2018, 07:34 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,298,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
I don’t care what relationship she had, there was absolutely no reason to kill those beatutiful little kids. Hell give them up for adoption or give them to the husband and walk away. But murdering them because of a failed or unsuccessful marriage? No no way.
Her failed marriage had nothing to do with it, she no longer cared about her ex-husband. In fact, when they'd been married she had told him "you make my skin crawl". She had a failed relationship with someone she dated after her marriage was over, with a man named Tom Findlay. That is what triggered all this. Although Tom Findlay was not to blame. He was even decent enough sent her a letter detailing the reasons why they needed to break up, instead of just ghosting her.

Old 01-11-2018, 07:32 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,440,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
I worked for the SC Department of Corrections in college. It was very common for Correction Officers to have affairs with inmates both male and female.
Id imagine this happens in all jails and prisons, but I think it may be due to control rather than anything else. Stanford Prison experiment opened my eyes to to how a prison guards mentality changes extremely quick once they are in a position of authority over the inmates, so sexual affairs would have more to do with control urges, guards knowing they have that level of control over the inmates.

Old 01-11-2018, 07:55 AM

26,598 posts, read 26,491,347 times
Quote:
Many people have survived childhood molestation without becoming killers.
I doubt it was the molestation alone. Her inevitable trauma resulting from her father's suicide when she was a child and that she was unable to press charges against her stepfather for later molesting her had to have contributed to her mental state. Also, when her stepfather moved back in after Social Services was contacted and the molestation continued, she confided in one of her counselors at her high school. She was convinced by her mother NOT to bring charges against her stepfather. Her mother actually accused her of bringing shame to the family, and told Susan that she had imagined the molestation. (A pretty sick mother, IMO.)

Quote:
I think there were multiple factors, and the break-up with Tom Findlay probably triggered it.
Sounds likely. She was intending--she testified, anyway--that she was planning to remain in the car with her children as she drove into the lake.

Old 01-11-2018, 10:39 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,714,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Why would you? Killing such small children -- or anyone else for that matter! -- just to draw attn. to her own emotional plight while hoping she can blame a nonexistent black man and thereby keep herself out of legal trouble? No, she deserves prison, not pity. Prison or worse.
She deserves both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime