Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 10:48 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,092,135 times

Advertisements

Well, what’s really strange is that this thread caught my eye about half an hour ago but at the moment, I couldn’t place the story.

My very first thought after reading the above link was that it was that Nations guy. I mean seriously; a convicted sex offender, who lived under the bridges of Morgan county, who went missing the day after the murders?

So I went to the Indiana registered sex offender site & found his picture & it’s not a dead ringer ... but it definitely doesn’t serve to disinclude him either.

Morgan County IN Sheriff's Office- Contact

So I go back to the original link to cross reference & I see another link to the same case & that’s when it dawns on me why it all sounds familiar... Because the guy was here. Here where I am in Colorado, literally, my county sheriffs office arrested him.

Delphi murders update: Convicted sex offender arrested, police investigating possible links to killing of two young girls in Indiana – Crime Online

Not that it’s surprising; because they all end up here. I’m pretty used to it at this point. Remember the Texas 7?

Here. That Jesse James kid?

Here. The Daugherty siblings?

Here. Even Bundy?

Here.

But anyway; that’s the last updated story to be found. So I look him up in El Paso county jail: Not there. Looked him up in neighboring Teller county jail: He was released on 12-08-2017!

Archonix XJail Public

I really hope they meant “released to” as in extradited back to Indiana, not just ... released. Because I think this guy bears watching. It sounds like he has been “unraveling “.

And; I know Teller County. You don’t just find people in Teller county ... that’s literally where people go who have something to hide. Not the touristy areas like Woodland Park; there are places ... well, that would scare the crap out of you. I’ve seen some weird stuff in Teller Co.

Hoping he’s in Indiana? (I haven’t gotten that far yet)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2018, 07:54 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,948,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post
The composite is based on information provided by someone who also saw him on the trail that day.

The case is just bizarre...a straightforward abduction and murder in a secluded wooded area isn't the case here. The girls were apparently abducted at the end of the bridge and taken to a private property across the street from another the private property bordering the trail. Held, tortured and murdered in a barn on that property and then after searchers had left the area for the night, the bodies were then moved to a secluded area of the private property nearest to the trail. Law enforcement has apparently eliminated the possibility of a catfish.
It's truly a mystery.
That's a lot more information than has been released to the media.

They were at the end of a long abandoned train bridge and there was no one else on the bridge at the time except the suspect. They were told by the suspect to go "down the hill", so they ended up under the bridge near the creek. Their bodies were found on the other side of the creek down the hill from a cemetery, so they crossed the creek and walked a short distance to where their bodies were found. There is no information about being in a barn or tortured.

They were in an isolated area of a rural park.

Last edited by Lieneke; 02-01-2018 at 08:10 AM..

Old 02-01-2018, 09:17 AM

3,631 posts, read 7,665,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
That's a lot more information than has been released to the media.

They were at the end of a long abandoned train bridge and there was no one else on the bridge at the time except the suspect. They were told by the suspect to go "down the hill", so they ended up under the bridge near the creek. Their bodies were found on the other side of the creek down the hill from a cemetery, so they crossed the creek and walked a short distance to where their bodies were found. There is no information about being in a barn or tortured.

They were in an isolated area of a rural park.
I just looked this up again and you are correct, the story involving the barn is only a rumor at this time.

Being murdered and abandoned on site in the area makes considerably more sense!

Old 02-01-2018, 09:56 AM

927 posts, read 968,549 times
Quote:
A "catfish" is someone who pretends online to be someone other than who they really are generally for the purpose of online dating.

Like catfishing would be a reasonable explanation for how these events happened....Middle age man poses as a teen from another school in order to meet up with one of the two girls before valentines day. She takes her friend because that's what young girls do.

Apparently not the case on this one tho.
Thanks. Well, sounds like since this is not the case, not much for an electronics trail on the perpetrator.

Old 02-01-2018, 09:05 PM

Quote:
I just looked this up again and you are correct, the story involving the barn is only a rumor at this time.

Being murdered and abandoned on site in the area makes considerably more sense!
Thanks for checking! I think it was a couple of hours after they photographed the suspect that the family was all over the park looking for them. I think they were already gone by the time the family realized the seriousness of the situation. I think they were found the next day by searchers.

It's really sad because the girls new they were in trouble right away (photo and voice recording), but they were unable to avoid what happened to them.

Old 02-02-2018, 03:18 AM

Does anyone have a link to post on the voice recording? I am interested, I have seen the picture and composite already.

Old 02-02-2018, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrider62 View Post
Does anyone have a link to post on the voice recording? I am interested, I have seen the picture and composite already.
The recording is at the bottom of this article:
https://www.indystar.com/story/news/...one/566691001/

Old 02-02-2018, 09:11 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,483,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Well, what’s really strange is that this thread caught my eye about half an hour ago but at the moment, I couldn’t place the story.

My very first thought after reading the above link was that it was that Nations guy. I mean seriously; a convicted sex offender, who lived under the bridges of Morgan county, who went missing the day after the murders?

So I went to the Indiana registered sex offender site & found his picture & it’s not a dead ringer ... but it definitely doesn’t serve to disinclude him either.

So I go back to the original link to cross reference & I see another link to the same case & that’s when it dawns on me why it all sounds familiar... Because the guy was here. Here where I am in Colorado, literally, my county sheriffs office arrested him.

Delphi murders update: Convicted sex offender arrested, police investigating possible links to killing of two young girls in Indiana – Crime Online

Not that it’s surprising; because they all end up here. I’m pretty used to it at this point. Remember the Texas 7?

Here. Even Bundy?

Here.

But anyway; that’s the last updated story to be found. So I look him up in El Paso county jail: Not there. Looked him up in neighboring Teller county jail: He was released on 12-08-2017!

Archonix XJail Public

I really hope they meant “released to” as in extradited back to Indiana, not just ... released. Because I think this guy bears watching. It sounds like he has been “unraveling “.

And; I know Teller County. You don’t just find people in Teller county ... that’s literally where people go who have something to hide. Not the touristy areas like Woodland Park; there are places ... well, that would scare the crap out of you. I’ve seen some weird stuff in Teller Co.

Thanks for links to Nations' photos. From the one booking photo it looks like the guy in the trail video has more hair than he has, doesn't it?

Old 02-02-2018, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
The recording is at the bottom of this article:
https://www.indystar.com/story/news/...one/566691001/
Thank you for this, sounds to me like an east coast, new englander type accent in his voice.

Old 02-02-2018, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post

Here. Even Bundy?

Here.

Archonix XJail Public

That picture next to the composite looks damned close to me. They may have the right guy, thanks for this links
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime