Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 08:48 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,408,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justw8 View Post
If people actually follow THIS CASE. You wouldn’t be so sure of a guilty verdict.
I followed the case and I'm convinced he was guilty. How many witnesses need to come forward anyway? And why are they dismissed while witnesses in the trials of Sandusky. Larry Nassar are believed?

I have found a very clear pattern that many who believe he is innocent are basing this on the color of his skin and that's just wrong. Not every AA who has been arrested are being charged because they are AA.

Old 04-07-2018, 10:17 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,056,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I followed the case and I'm convinced he was guilty. How many witnesses need to come forward anyway? And why are they dismissed while witnesses in the trials of Sandusky. Larry Nassar are believed?

I have found a very clear pattern that many who believe he is innocent are basing this on the color of his skin and that's just wrong. Not every AA who has been arrested are being charged because they are AA.
I don't know about that, if he does get away with it, I would think it's more his class than skin color. He can afford the best attorneys, and he has endless resources to fight the charges.

Yes, "justice" is often bought by the rich, look at Ted Kennedy.

Old 04-07-2018, 10:45 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,625 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnie mae View Post
You can't. Dr Huxtable was a fictional character. Apparently, the real Bill Cosby is a sick, sexual predator.
I'm not talking about Dr. Huxtable. *rolls eyes*

I'm talking about Dr. William Cosby.

I've really loved and appreciated him since I was a child, with his humorous recollections of his childhood, his brother Russell, and his fear of the "turtle heads" in the bed. He's been a champion of education for the poor and a role model for young black men. I thought.

Telling them to pull up their pants and speak English. Respect themselves. Don't waste Dr. Martin Luther King's model of respectability and success, and martyrdom.

I saw him in person just before this awful story broke, and he was great as ever. Talking about his children - one daughter said kids in school were making fun of her because she was "rich". Making fun of you because you're "rich"? Hee hee you're rich you're rich, richie. What's the fun in that? Anyway, honey, you're not rich! You're not rich. Now your mother and I . . .

I'm sorry, that's just funny, and warm, and real.

I'm just so saddened by the other side of him.

Last edited by ClaraC; 04-07-2018 at 10:59 AM..

Old 04-07-2018, 02:54 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,650,729 times
I understand why it is very disheartening when our role models fall so far from grace...it happens way too often...nobody seems to be what they appear to be...obviously in this case you are dealing with a very evil man yet he did do a lot of good on one level...it is a strange psychological mindset...

Old 04-08-2018, 06:11 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,408,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
I don't know about that, if he does get away with it, I would think it's more his class than skin color. He can afford the best attorneys, and he has endless resources to fight the charges.

Yes, "justice" is often bought by the rich, look at Ted Kennedy.
I was referring to those who claim he is innocent. There is a clear pattern as so many of those people share the same skin color as Bill Cosby. Sorry, I have a problem with that. And I'm the resident liberal, Trump bashing Obama supporter. But I have a problem with so many AA's protesting every single time something bad happens to an AA as they ignore that person's role in the event.

I mean that guy in NY who pointed a metal pipe at people and the police was a serious threat, how can you blame the police for shooting a man who appears to be pointing a gun at people? But here we are, with protests and 80% of the protesters are AA. We need to stop assessing guilt or innocence based on the color of the skin, and that goes both ways.

Old 04-08-2018, 04:42 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,378,016 times
Being close to someone who was drugged and date-raped, I have ZERO sympathy for Bill Cosby or any other person who does these things. I hope they throw the book at him.

Old 04-09-2018, 02:41 AM

134 posts, read 108,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm not talking about Dr. Huxtable. *rolls eyes*

I'm talking about Dr. William Cosby.

I've really loved and appreciated him since I was a child, with his humorous recollections of his childhood, his brother Russell, and his fear of the "turtle heads" in the bed. He's been a champion of education for the poor and a role model for young black men. I thought.

Telling them to pull up their pants and speak English. Respect themselves. Don't waste Dr. Martin Luther King's model of respectability and success, and martyrdom.

I saw him in person just before this awful story broke, and he was great as ever. Talking about his children - one daughter said kids in school were making fun of her because she was "rich". Making fun of you because you're "rich"? Hee hee you're rich you're rich, richie. What's the fun in that? Anyway, honey, you're not rich! You're not rich. Now your mother and I . . .

I'm sorry, that's just funny, and warm, and real.

I'm just so saddened by the other side of him.

I'm sorry you missed my point. The "public" Bill Cosby is an image he wanted to project - it doesn' matter if it's Dr. Huxtable.orDr. William Cosby.

The real Bill Cosby is a sexual predator.

Old 04-09-2018, 07:37 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,625 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnie mae View Post
I'm sorry you missed my point. The "public" Bill Cosby is an image he wanted to project - it doesn' matter if it's Dr. Huxtable.orDr. William Cosby.

The real Bill Cosby is a sexual predator.
The Real Bill Cosby is also an strong advocate for education and upward mobility of young black people, and a hilarious comedian.

They're both real.

"The evil men do lives after them - the good is oft interred with their bones". Um Hmm.

Old 04-10-2018, 01:50 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,050,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
While I hope he is found guilty...Cosby's legacy has been destroyed...he will be brought in and out of courtrooms for the rest of his life... his declining health will deliver him to the ultimate Judge sooner rather than later...
I don't want him convicted unless he is guilty.

Old 04-10-2018, 02:42 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,187,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The Real Bill Cosby is also an strong advocate for education and upward mobility of young black people, and a hilarious comedian.

They're both real.

"The evil men do lives after them - the good is oft interred with their bones". Um Hmm.
And that ambiguity in human beings is what drives some people so wild that they have to pretend that one or the other was somehow "not real." We so desperately want a world without disturbing ambiguities and contradictions.

C-D forums are rife with threads where this difficulty becomes the core of the thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime