Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 09:46 AM

14,785 posts, read 23,965,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
After reading one of more recent posts in the in AZ deaths, I realize comprehension of the facts isn't your strength.

Again you seem to think you are perfect and beyond reproach and this statement proves it . I guess people are not allowed to have an opposing opinion from yours . tell me how is that water you walk on ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2018, 11:30 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,453,802 times

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PIMyooj4GTE

Old 06-05-2018, 05:15 PM

15,701 posts, read 16,962,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
You are the official arbiter on when the use of hyperbole is appropriate?

When I see hyperbole that is based on emotion rather than fact, yes, I feel justified calling it out.

By no stretch of the imagination are George and Cindy responsible for Caylee's death.

There isn't a court in the land that would have terminated Casey's parental rights, yet some people believe George and Cindy should have somehow seen into the future and prevented this tragedy.....that is letting emotion cloud the FACTS.

Old 06-05-2018, 05:24 PM

Quote:
So, what's your point?

Old 06-05-2018, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
So, what's your point?
You'll figure it out.

Old 06-05-2018, 06:16 PM

Quote:
You'll figure it out.

I am quite sure I don't see what you see.

What I see are a few typical lawyer "Have you stopped beating your wife? Yes or No." gotchas.....which don't amount to a hill of beans.

I also see a lot of "hindsight is 20/20" attitude when it comes to judging what George did or didn't do.

Not one of us can predict what we would have thought or done if put in the Anthony's shoes.

Also, how can you hold George accountable for not calling the police the second he smelled the car when the police themselves would not announce that Caylee Anthony was most certainly dead the moment THEY smelled the car?

George, father and grandfather, whose emotions were tainting his reactions vs the police, who are professionally trained to only go by the evidence.

Old 06-05-2018, 08:25 PM

7,118 posts, read 8,602,396 times
Quote:
I hadn't seen that clip probably since the trial and forgotten how badly George came off...George was sure the trunk smelled of human decomposition and he just went to work? In the end, it wouldn't have changed the outcome for poor Caylee but he came off as less than truthful...such a bizzaro family...The prosecution was severely hampered by George and Cindy's behavior on the stand...Casey's acquittal lies squarely at the feet of those two...not the actual death but all their attempts to explain away the obvious helped bolster the defense...which Cindy deliberately wanted( so she wouldn't lose both her girls)...and George caved into her wishes and wound up looking like a liar...

Old 06-05-2018, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I hadn't seen that clip probably since the trial and forgotten how badly George came off...George was sure the trunk smelled of human decomposition and he just went to work? In the end, it wouldn't have changed the outcome for poor Caylee but he came off as less than truthful...such a bizzaro family...The prosecution was severely hampered by George and Cindy's behavior on the stand...Casey's acquittal lies squarely at the feet of those two...not the actual death but all their attempts to explain away the obvious helped bolster the defense...which Cindy deliberately wanted( so she wouldn't lose both her girls)...and George caved into her wishes and wound up looking like a liar...

A big factor. Jury gets to see Georges dishonesty.
In deposition he didn't smell
decomposition.
Baez leads into suicide letter where George apologizes to Casey; what's the apology about??

George does a 360 in responses about
River Cruz after Baez confronts him with facts.
Having trouble posting the link

Last edited by virgode; 06-05-2018 at 09:39 PM..

Old 06-05-2018, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

Also, how can you hold George accountable for not calling the police the second he smelled the car when the police themselves would not announce that Caylee Anthony was most certainly dead the moment THEY smelled the car?

He changed his story; either he smelled decomposition or didn't.

Last edited by virgode; 06-05-2018 at 10:49 PM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 06-06-2018, 02:33 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,924,681 times
I will always believe Casey killed Caylee by accident. The group of people she was living with had no children and could party hardy whenever they pleased. She had Caylee and no babysitter so I still believe a little bit of chloroform would put the baby to sleep and should she wake up a little piece of duct tape would keep Caylee from crying out. With a young child determining the correct amount of chloroform would be a hit and miss situation.

As far as the trial, the second one was the doozy, the Anthony family circled the wagons and took the stand using George as the sacrificial lamb. The second trial testimony by Cindy and George changed. But they did it they beat the system. Casey was released July 2011 and George and Cindy celebrated their victory in the Bahamas.

I am over it but will never forget it. The verdict was a tee-total shock.

The house has been in foreclosure for years or so they say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime