Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did Peterson do it?
Yes, he killed her 44 72.13%
No, it was an accident 7 11.48%
I just can’t decide 10 16.39%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 02:56 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,646,108 times

Advertisements

Yes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2018, 02:59 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,646,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedLife View Post
I wonder what is going to happen with that guy in Raleigh last year who killed his wife in her sleep last year and blamed it on his cough medicine... Not that they were affluent... But just another bizarre case.
We had the sleepwalker case in Phoenix when I lived there. He killed his wife in the pool, claiming he was "sleeping." Only problem was the next door neighbor was recording it and he didn't look like he was asleep.

Old 06-23-2018, 03:42 PM

10,226 posts, read 7,574,766 times
Yes, I think he killed her.

To start with, what are the odds that someone knew intimately well TWO people who died after accidentally falling down stairs, AND that that someone was alone with each of them at the time of death?

So I start from that point. It's practically impossible for such a situation to exist. But practically impossible doesn't make it totally impossible. Still, that's a high hurdle to jump from the start, IMO.

I do think the 2 kids he adopted from the "friend" in Germany came with money. And that was why he adopted them. He then grew to love them, probably. (I also think they were having an affair. This platonic thing doesn't work for me. He and his wife are "friends" with the woman who died. Michael's wife goes home, a few doors down the street, and Michael stays with the "friend" to help her tuck the kids in bed or something. I don't buy that.

In the U S, Michael & Kathleen may have gotten into a big fight over his infidelity with men (evidence she used the computer that night, and it was easy to see the pics and things he had on it), and he thought she'd tell people about it, ruining his standing in the community, in the eyes of his kids...or she threatened divorce. Or maybe it was planned, to kill her for her money (she was the one with the big money..altho I don't think Michael was broke. Not sure.)

Old 06-23-2018, 04:36 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,271,680 times
I have never been able to understand why there are people who truly believe that their wishes
take precedence over the lives of other people and that they are somehow justified in killing people
who get in their way. When they are interviewed by reporters such as Keith Morrison , they
appear to be so normal . It's chilling that these people walk among us all the time.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 06-23-2018, 04:59 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,949,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post

To start with, what are the odds that someone knew intimately well TWO people who died after accidentally falling down stairs, AND that that someone was alone with each of them at the time of death?

So I start from that point. It's practically impossible for such a situation to exist. But practically impossible doesn't make it totally impossible. Still, that's a high hurdle to jump from the start, IMO.

I do think the 2 kids he adopted from the "friend" in Germany came with money. And that was why he adopted them. He then grew to love them, probably. (I also think they were having an affair. This platonic thing doesn't work for me. He and his wife are "friends" with the woman who died. Michael's wife goes home, a few doors down the street, and Michael stays with the "friend" to help her tuck the kids in bed or something. I don't buy that.

In the U S, Michael & Kathleen may have gotten into a big fight over his infidelity with men (evidence she used the computer that night, and it was easy to see the pics and things he had on it), and he thought she'd tell people about it, ruining his standing in the community, in the eyes of his kids...or she threatened divorce. Or maybe it was planned, to kill her for her money (she was the one with the big money..altho I don't think Michael was broke. Not sure.)
There was talk about layoffs at her work. If Michael wanted the work-related insurance policy, he had to get rid of her while she was still eligible for that money. I think he simply decided that she was worth more dead than alive.

There is a possibility that she discovered his male relationships, but would that cause him to spontaneously decide to toss her down the stairs? Was the stair scene staged to give the impression that she fell down the stairs? Did he beat her at that location to add authenticity to the stair scenario?

Old 06-24-2018, 03:43 AM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
if you get the oj jury with a combined IQ of a carrot ….no he didnt do it

Old 06-24-2018, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post

in looking over my prior post, I wanted to clarify and restate...I don't want to go on the record as convicting someone w/o evidence.

I said that "what are the odds that someone knew intimately well TWO people who died after accidentally falling down stairs, AND that that someone was alone with each of them at the time of death?" I mis-stated that...it's not proven he was alone with the FORMER woman, when she died. All that was known was that he was the last one to see her alive, that night that she died, that anyone knows of. A little different.

I also had a lot of suppositions and assumptions that I and others have made, which isn't evidence.

The blood evidence & such I think could show to some (and did show) that she was murdered, and juries found that he was the one who did it, beyond a reasonable doubt. The mini-series did not go through all the evidence, so it's sort of unfair for me to base an opinion on that.

I do think his secret life is relevant, since it shows his character...it's not everyone who can have a secret life with success and fool everyone and be comfortable lying daily to his loved ones and friends. It also shows that while he may have loved Kathleen, he clearly wasn't the happily married man he presented to his non-secret world.

So I just wanted to clarify that I think he did it, but I can't be sure, since I didn't see all the evidence. There is a chance that he didn't, and there are just a lot of coincidences. I don't think so, but it's possible. I put myself in a position where it could be me...a lot of circumstantial evidence, but I didn't do it. Who would believe me? But then I think...well, I would have character going for me. I'm not generally a liar, have a secret life, and I certainly don't have another similar death in my past. So....

As for blood expert Lee, I think he's lousy and am perplexed that he's so famous. And how in the heck did Agent Deever, the SBI "expert," get past everyone without any noticing he was faking his past and reports? That's bizarre. And calls into question how any and all of the blood evidence was handled by the prosecution, IMO.

Old 06-24-2018, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
We had the sleepwalker case in Phoenix when I lived there. He killed his wife in the pool, claiming he was "sleeping." Only problem was the next door neighbor was recording it and he didn't look like he was asleep.
I saw that on one of those true-crime shows on tv. That was just bizarre.

Old 06-24-2018, 10:36 AM

2,756 posts, read 4,410,209 times
I just finished watching the documentary.

First, it is amazing to me that this documentary was made in the first place. How in the world would a documentarian know to get involved with this in the first place, and how in the world would a person (guilty or innocent) agree to do this? You have to be a real brilliant narcissist, in my book, to take the risk...

As I think he probably did it, but there was reasonable doubt and he should have gotten off, from what we saw in the documentary. But it appears that I either ?missed a lot while watching, or the documentary didn't show all of the evidence.

How much $$ was the wife worth? I didn't realize there was life insurance and that the wife was wealthy.

They discovered that she looked into his private computer that night just before her death and opened documents that revealed his infidelity? That was established?

He stated a couple times that his wife knew he was gay/bisexual... did anyone other than the husband confirm that?

If he did it, wouldn't he have had more blood on his shirt/face etc..? And where was the murder weapon? And wouldn't there have been even more back splatter etc....? And was there evidence that he tried to clean up and if so, give more details on that (confusing in the documentary).

Someone mentioned drops of blood outside. I don't remember that. Did the police scour the land to be sure he didn't bury clothing/murder weapon etc...?

I thought I caught him in a slip up in the documentary when he was discussing the final plea deal on camera..... "They say I have to admit I did it.... I mean... (oops)... they want me to say I did it (or something like that... I forget how he corrected himself).

Just lots we will never know....

Old 06-24-2018, 11:54 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,949,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcambridge View Post
I just finished watching the documentary.

First, it is amazing to me that this documentary was made in the first place. How in the world would a documentarian know to get involved with this in the first place, and how in the world would a person (guilty or innocent) agree to do this? You have to be a real brilliant narcissist, in my book, to take the risk...

As I think he probably did it, but there was reasonable doubt and he should have gotten off, from what we saw in the documentary. But it appears that I either ?missed a lot while watching, or the documentary didn't show all of the evidence.

How much $$ was the wife worth? I didn't realize there was life insurance and that the wife was wealthy.

They discovered that she looked into his private computer that night just before her death and opened documents that revealed his infidelity? That was established?

He stated a couple times that his wife knew he was gay/bisexual... did anyone other than the husband confirm that?

If he did it, wouldn't he have had more blood on his shirt/face etc..? And where was the murder weapon? And wouldn't there have been even more back splatter etc....? And was there evidence that he tried to clean up and if so, give more details on that (confusing in the documentary).

Someone mentioned drops of blood outside. I don't remember that. Did the police scour the land to be sure he didn't bury clothing/murder weapon etc...?

I thought I caught him in a slip up in the documentary when he was discussing the final plea deal on camera..... "They say I have to admit I did it.... I mean... (oops)... they want me to say I did it (or something like that... I forget how he corrected himself).

Just lots we will never know....
Just like the recent documentary about Scott Peterson murdering his wife, this documentary distinctly intends to cast doubt on the verdict. The story is told from the convicted murderer's perspective, so it is not surprising that those who view these documentaries may question the verdicts.

This is what the jury thought was significant:
"The totality of the marks on her head; the time that expired after she fell and got back up; and blood on the bottom of her feet," Pennington said, was what ultimately led the jury to its conclusion."
https://www.wral.com/news/local/story/120574/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime