Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 06:12 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,359,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
Build that wall!
Damn right! Somehow, the libs will say it isn’t fair to categorize all illegals like this murderer. Trump will get no credit for his radical idea of keeping these illegal animals out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2018, 06:32 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,631 posts, read 17,968,125 times
I'm very curious about the murderer's statement that he "blacked out". It seems he may not have full command of the English language, and I have seen many cases where a perpetrator remembers the crime "in the dark", although it was carried out in broad daylight.

It appears he confessed to this crime, and acknowledges he committed it, and led investigators to Mollie's remains, albeit "blacked out".

I want to hear more about that. There was a stabbing on the University of Texas campus a couple years ago, 1 dead 3 injured, and the perp remembers the crime but remembers it in the dark. There was a man many years ago who - with absolutely no criminal history or forewarning - stabbed his beloved wife and adult daughter to death. He remembers it, and again, it was "in the dark" although it occurred in the light.

Anyway, very very sad story, but am interested in hearing more specifics.

Old 08-21-2018, 08:28 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm very curious about the murderer's statement that he "blacked out". It seems he may not have full command of the English language, and I have seen many cases where a perpetrator remembers the crime "in the dark", although it was carried out in broad daylight.

It appears he confessed to this crime, and acknowledges he committed it, and led investigators to Mollie's remains, albeit "blacked out".

I want to hear more about that. There was a stabbing on the University of Texas campus a couple years ago, 1 dead 3 injured, and the perp remembers the crime but remembers it in the dark. There was a man many years ago who - with absolutely no criminal history or forewarning - stabbed his beloved wife and adult daughter to death. He remembers it, and again, it was "in the dark" although it occurred in the light.

Good question....
I'm curious now why the crimes remembered that way by the perps?

Edit...
Doesnt come as a surprise google brings up alcohol and drugs.

Last edited by virgode; 08-21-2018 at 08:51 PM..

Old 08-22-2018, 04:43 AM

128 posts, read 105,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
Damn right! Somehow, the libs will say it isn’t fair to categorize all illegals like this murderer. Trump will get no credit for his radical idea of keeping these illegal animals out.
It's not fair to paint all "libs" with such a broad stroke. I consider myself fairly liberal and I abhor illegal aliens coming in to this country as they do. tRump is not the first person who had the 'radical idea' of keeping them out. Mass illegal immigration ramped up under Reagan's watch and he gave millions of them amnesty. It's an issue that needs to be dealt with but building a wall is not the solution.

Back to the main topic, I hope this man gets the death penalty and that it happens swiftly. Mollie Tibbetts and her family deserve justice.

Old 08-22-2018, 07:56 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
Tragic case.

Old 08-22-2018, 09:08 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,544,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

Crock of poo poo !! In his sick mind he thinks that will be his 'excuse'. DRUGS.

Criminals will say anything. They are not capable of remorse.

Old 08-22-2018, 09:30 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,631 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quilter, you probably want to edit your post to use any color font except red.

That's the moderator's color.

Old 08-22-2018, 09:40 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Well, well, welll....a criminal border jumping illegal alien is the perpetrator. Amazing. But they are so much better humans than all the rest of us sleazy American cockroaches, I thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Crock of poo poo !! In his sick mind he thinks that will be his 'excuse'. DRUGS.

Criminals will say anything. They are not capable of remorse.
That is what I was thinking.

"Black out" my ---.

I am not saying it's possible a person/criminal can "black out", I am just saying I am sure plenty of them use that as a justification/excuse.

Old 08-22-2018, 10:40 AM

2,410 posts, read 4,456,262 times
I just thought he'd already talked to a lawyer and was setting up his defense.

I noticed that his Facebook page is Spanish-only. I'm wondering if he was interviewed in Spanish and if so, what his actual statement about the blackout was.

Old 08-22-2018, 10:58 AM

643 posts, read 329,581 times
In a Minnesota case where a 19 year old ILLEGAL pulled a 14 year old girl off her bike in broad daylight and raped her in the bushes along a bike path..........

His lawyer used the excuse........" since he doesn't understand English, he had no way of knowing if she said ...stop..."

That excuse is as phony as saying " blacked out ".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime