Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2018, 01:08 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,650,355 times

Advertisements

https://www.apmreports.org/story/201...tion-documents

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2018/...iles-released/

https://www.twincities.com/2018/09/2...anny-heinrich/

I remember this sad case. The parents were dining out w/ friends when the other son or friend of his (forgot which) called them and told them to come home immediately. Someone had abducted him when the three of them were riding their bikes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2018, 06:38 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,376,656 times
I wonder how common that child abductions are.

Old 09-23-2018, 10:11 PM

2,661 posts, read 5,469,385 times
It took years for that case to be solved. There was always the clue with the other boy who was picked up and abused. It turned out to be the same man. In a lot of these cases they do have the person in their databases. Heartbreaking like a lot of these occurrences are. I hope Molly Bish's case is solved eventually as I'm sure they know who the culprit is there as well. One good thing is that a lot of these old cases are being solved years later. Now with dna technology the chances of catching these monsters are getting better all the time.

Child abductions by strangers are pretty rare but they do capture the headlines.

Old 09-25-2018, 02:39 PM

13,711 posts, read 12,424,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I wonder how common that child abductions are.
Exceedingly rare.

This case was open for so long, and investigators actually had a pretty good idea about who did it, but putting the case together was difficult.

Old 09-25-2018, 02:54 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,199,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
It took years for that case to be solved. There was always the clue with the other boy who was picked up and abused. It turned out to be the same man. In a lot of these cases they do have the person in their databases. Heartbreaking like a lot of these occurrences are. I hope Molly Bish's case is solved eventually as I'm sure they know who the culprit is there as well. One good thing is that a lot of these old cases are being solved years later. Now with dna technology the chances of catching these monsters are getting better all the time.

Child abductions by strangers are pretty rare but they do capture the headlines.
I think most of us can convince ourselves that no one we know would ever harm our child, but the fear of a stranger isn't something you can ever entirely dismiss. The extremely low chance of it happening doesn't completely remove the fear that every parent has about their child.

I agree with you about Molly Bish - I lived in the Boston area when that happened, and I think it was heart wrenching for everyone, regardless of whether they knew her or not.

The other one that still gets to me is Kyron Horman. He was a couple of years older than my own son, and while they don't look alike, there was something about him that reminded me of my kid. I so hoped he would be found unharmed but all these years later, that doesn't seem likely.

Old 09-27-2018, 03:13 PM

3,493 posts, read 7,932,114 times
There is an excellent podcast, In the Dark - Season 1, that tells the sad story of Jacob Wetterling. The way missing children cases were investigated back then was so different from how they are done now.

Old 09-29-2018, 08:17 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,189,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post

I agree with you about Molly Bish - I lived in the Boston area when that happened, and I think it was heart wrenching for everyone, regardless of whether they knew her or not.
Me too. What really disturbed me so much was Mrs. Bish even saw the perv but talked herself out of the little niggling feeling. I sure hope it gets solved one day.

Old 10-18-2018, 08:26 AM

239 posts, read 155,846 times
I cried when I found out what the perp did to the boy. Who would do that to a kid? Realizing that the perp was himself molested as a child, it made me think child molestation perpetuates itself. Such evil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime