Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 03:14 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBev View Post
The State Police said they checked that creek area thoroughly the day before,no comment on autopsy to check for water in lungs.Father did not look convincing at all and girl friend with fake crying,no tears.
Locations 4 miles from where the boy disappeared. A lot of area in between to cover.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2018, 04:00 PM

24,406 posts, read 23,065,142 times
David Paulides has a series of books called Missing 411, he's on Coast to Coast AM all the time. One recurring theme is that people go missing in national parks and its nearly impossible to get information about the cases from the feds. Also, people search areas and find nothing only to have a body appear later in an area that was thoroughly searched. Bodies of water are often where they find the bodies.

Old 09-30-2018, 04:15 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,455,196 times
I tend to think that since the father immediately sought help when his son ran off we can dismiss the Susan Smith theory.

My heart goes out to a parent who loses a child. respect and sympathy to the relatives.....

Old 09-30-2018, 04:17 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
I called it from the start because a . yes kids do run off but you as an adult should be able to catch them and tell them why it is not a good idea to run off . I don't buy his story . He said he could not run after him because of neuropathy . I have seen plenty of people with diabetes and suffer and never once could they not run after their kids . end of story ., I hope he fries if he is involved .

Old 09-30-2018, 09:25 PM

2,144 posts, read 1,879,306 times
Every time I see you post, Cochristi, about this stuff, I find myself nodding along the whole time.

My autistic son was a constant runner before he was ten. I could barely catch him. My fit brother-in-law could barely catch him the one time I let him take my son 20 feet away at the zoo (I TOLD my bro-in-law that he had to hold his hand tightly the entire time, no exceptions. He didn't. He learned quickly. So did I.) He's 20, still holds my hand most places, but I THINK he's outgrown the running thing. I'm not sure. I can never be sure, so I don't let up on constant vigilance.

I can see the kid 'disappearing' if he went off the path and into brush or thick tree cover.
Was this the first time the boy had ever bolted? Who knows? But any parent with an autistic kid has to understand the possibility. You just don't take chances.

Unfortunately, I can also see parents who just don't want to be bothered anymore. Ugh. Hopefully, the truth comes out.

Old 10-01-2018, 01:13 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I called it from the start because a . yes kids do run off but you as an adult should be able to catch them and tell them why it is not a good idea to run off . I don't buy his story . He said he could not run after him because of neuropathy . I have seen plenty of people with diabetes and suffer and never once could they not run after their kids . end of story ., I hope he fries if he is involved .
My question is if he himself could not run and catch his child...why didn't the other adult walking with the father and child run after the child?

Old 10-01-2018, 03:45 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
My question is if he himself could not run and catch his child...why didn't the other adult walking with the father and child run after the child?

yeah his story is full of holes and he did not act like a typical father would act if one of his kids were missing. I have a feeling this boy was passed long before he was reported missing and dad did not call an employee at the park called 911 . another thing dad did not call 911 why ? fishy fishy and more fishy .

Old 10-01-2018, 09:48 AM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
I see a lot of speculation going on, I would note that it's pretty rare for someone out to kill a child to bring along a witness.

Instead of having *feelings* and speculating about murder, why don't we just show a little patience and wait for an autopsy?

Old 10-01-2018, 10:14 AM

24,406 posts, read 23,065,142 times
David Paulides was on Coast To Coast AM last night. Again, he had some very interesting information about bodies turning up in water. Also some have appeared to have been drugged with rohypnol the date rape drug.

Old 10-01-2018, 03:10 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,544,435 times
At the least, why would this father give his son such freedom without using a tether?

It seems to me that he would have already known that his son was a runner and taken appropriate steps to ensure he couldn't run away.

Sore feet or not, the boy should never have been let get so far away from him. If his feet were so sore, he should never have let himself get into this situation of his son running away. Very neglectful and very sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime