Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2018, 11:09 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,548,756 times

Advertisements

Let me preface this by saying that I NEVER participate in any sort of racial, gender, or political debate online. Not interested. I use my time on the web for education and entertainment, not to argue with a stranger who might disagree with an opinion of mine. I do not post things to trigger reactions or arguments.

With that said, I had the misfortune of seeing, on social media, a post regarding Sandra Bland's mugshot and the idea that she was deceased when the photo was taken. Apparently there are two photos, the 'actual' photo of an obviously alive Sandra Bland that was released to quell rumors and a 'suppressed' photo--featured on the social media post I saw--with the caption 'this is the picture they don't want you to see' that is downright horrific (in my opinion), in which she appears deceased (blank, expressionless face, eyes rolled up into head). This is unusual to me.

I only post this to ask if any others have heard about this. Under what circumstances would two mugshots be taken? In the 'alive' photo her jumpsuit appears orange, in the 'suppressed' photo it appears red (was she transported to another holding facility? Is the coloring of the jumpsuits just a matter of bad image reproduction?). If the 'suppressed' photo is the actual photo they tried to pass off at first and then released the later, obviously alive photo, where would they have gotten the image from? One cannot say it was photoshopped from some random ID of hers, as someone would recognize that (I assume).

I won't link the photos, mainly because of the unsettling nature of the photo in question, and again, this is not posted to start some sort of debate on the justice system. I'm just curious about the two photographs and if anyone else has heard anything about this.

Mods, feel free to delete this thread if the topic is too volatile or uncomfortable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2018, 07:53 AM

12,103 posts, read 23,259,223 times
There is video from the jail of her being processed in and photographed. I haven't seen the photo you are talking about. Is it a clear photo of her, or could it be someone who looks like her?

Old 12-05-2018, 09:03 AM

2,163 posts, read 1,548,756 times
Extremely clear. It's her.

Old 12-05-2018, 10:19 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,877,163 times
This thread is the first I heard of this case so I looked it up.

Suicide seems unlikely but do does homicide; additionally cameras show no one entering the cell.

A bizarre case in all aspects.

Both she and the officer sound like they behaved poorly; she being argumentative and he overreacting. Two hotheads.

He pulled her over for "failing to signal a turn"? Cmon now. He sounds like a jerk.

She however tested pos at autopsy for exceedingly high levels of THC, the highest the pathologist had ever seen in a cadaver that had been three days without exposure to the actual drug.

She was high and a belligerent fool who argued with a cop, NEVER a smart move, and he was an overly aggressive unprofessional jerk.

Old 12-05-2018, 11:09 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,579 posts, read 17,923,325 times
I saw the two photos - the one that appears to be a legit mugshot, and the one that appears to be either someone having a seizure or dead.

It's the exact same photo - her hair is wild, and is exactly the same in both photos, which wouldn't be the case if they were two separate photos.

I think someone has photoshopped her original mugshot to make a second image with her eyes rolled back. You'd think they would have changed the hair at least SOME.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime